Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

FDSFX problem

Hi. I have used FDSFX for years and have collected a nice set of cockpit/cabin announcements in a dozen or more different languages. A week or two ago however, the volumes of the announcements suddenly went so low I can hardly hear most of them. No idea what triggered it. If I right-click they are still set around 100% volume, and if I play the individual files in a media player they are as loud as they ever were, it's only in the FDSFX interface that they play back so softly.Any ideas how to solve this, short of reinstalling the programme (which may or may not help)?Thanks,Martin

Must be the weather, I've noticed the exact same problem. Set at 100% with engines running announcements just about audible.

Hi. I have used FDSFX for years and have collected a nice set of cockpit/cabin announcements in a dozen or more different languages. A week or two ago however, the volumes of the announcements suddenly went so low I can hardly hear most of them. No idea what triggered it. If I right-click they are still set around 100% volume, and if I play the individual files in a media player they are as loud as they ever were, it's only in the FDSFX interface that they play back so softly.Any ideas how to solve this, short of reinstalling the programme (which may or may not help)?Thanks,Martin
HelloI used to use this program and its still in my FS9 sound folder , The sounds are mp3 files and are played by windows media player ,so perhaps you have to adjust the volume in Windows Media player itself. This is guesswork ,but some thoughts anyway.cheers AndyPS If you want a much better(imho)cabin announcements program and you are happy editing CFGs then Martyn Beckers 'Autocabin' is a good one. Where it beats FDSFX is that the cabin announcements are automatic (at certain points in your flight) no rather unrealistic pushing of buttons as in FDSFXcheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Glad I am not alone Echofox (Schadenfreude!).I checked my Windows Media Player - the volume is at maximum. I use FDC (Flightdeck Companion) for most flights and have an auto facility there, but I prefer to activate announcements manually - they always seem to start at the wrong moment otherwise, but thanks for the suggestion.M

Glad I am not alone Echofox (Schadenfreude!).I checked my Windows Media Player - the volume is at maximum. I use FDC (Flightdeck Companion) for most flights and have an auto facility there, but I prefer to activate announcements manually - they always seem to start at the wrong moment otherwise, but thanks for the suggestion.M
Fair do'sAndy

I'm anxious to see if anybody figures this out. I just put the program back on my new build computer. I too have the quiet sound.

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I emailed the guy who uploaded the programme to AVSIM, but it bounced back to me - not surprising from that long ago I suppose - so back to square one. (I could edit all the individual wav files to make them louder, but that's a whole afternoon's work, at least).M.

I emailed the guy who uploaded the programme to AVSIM, but it bounced back to me - not surprising from that long ago I suppose - so back to square one. (I could edit all the individual wav files to make them louder, but that's a whole afternoon's work, at least).M.
Doesn't sound fun. I remember in the old days i would hit the Q button to mute the sound so I could hear the announcements. But now, the volume is too quiet for that to even be practically effective. Throw in Squawk box and it just becomes impossible to hear.

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Hi guys, you were trying to email me probably since I created the program - yea that email has long since been dead. Never heard of this issue before but from your description, since all gauge's volumes has been affected, it sounds like some master volume on your pc or sound card is controlling the overall volume of the sound. Or, the sounds selected were recorded at a very low volume.First I would try a few of the default sounds that come with the original package on a couple of different switchs to see if you hear anything different volume-wise.Second, I would start searching your sound device - their volume sliders, Microsft Mixer and it's vol. sliders, etc. Any programs, Flightsim add-ons, or sound programs you've installed lately if it just appeared? Any sound.dll's or other gauges you recently installed.Just some ideas to get you started.Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hi Clutch, I wondered if you might see this thread - and hey presto! Gives us a chance to say thank you for a nice programme, which I've used in almost every FS9 passenger flight since you uploaded it (with cabin announcements in dozens of languages I have managed to find). I have FDC Live Cockpit and similar installed now, but still find FDSFX best for cabin announcements.The odd thing is that no other sound on my PC is affected - not in FS9 nor anywhere else that I have noticed. I replaced the current gauge file with one from the original download, but no change. I will check the things you suggest, but can't imagine what sound sliders (Windows 7 x64) could alter the volume of FDSFX, but nothing else. If you have any further ideas, please do post back - I have made sure that all volumes are at 100% now in the FDSFX interface, but some are still barely audible (but are LOUD in Windows Media Player)!BTW Clutch, it's not that the sounds were recorded at a low volume - I had FDSFX working fine ever since I installed it on my new PC some months back. The same sound files dropped to inaudible in FDSFX all of a sudden a few weeks ago - too long ago to remember if I made any changes to the PC that day, but I certainly didn't change any volume controls or anything obvious like that.Martin

How about the sound settings within fs9 itself?
Ignore!!!!That doesn't work just tried it.I have just loaded up one of my aircraft that still has the FDSFX panel (you know I might change my mind about it, its rather good) Anyways the only way I can change the volume in the FDSFX panels individual wavs is via the windows XP own (click on little speaker icon) settings 'wave' volume slider or the general 'volume' slider .Not sure about W7 though.cheers Andy

Even with sliders in Windows at 100%, the FDSFX sounds are way too quiet, especially after engine start-up and ambience (set at a reasonably low level as it is in FS9)..M.

What aircraft are you experiencing this low sound volume?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit