Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

FDSFX problem

Even with sliders in Windows at 100%, the FDSFX sounds are way too quiet, especially after engine start-up and ambience (set at a reasonably low level as it is in FS9)..M.
Your're probably getting fed up with my suggestions........BUT!Just%20Kidding.gifWhat about your settings in FS9(engine,cockpit ,environment etc if you pulled those sliders right back, and then adjusted (I don't know how you adjust overall sound on your system, but on mine I have a volume control on my speakers as well as my keyboard )those right up?. As evercheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

What sound have you got? Whether its on-board or a sound card ,they usually have there own software for setting sound options as well (graphic equalisers ,speakers (2 or 4) etc etc)Does running DXDIAG show any problems with your sound?Cheers A

No, I'm not going to get fed up with your suggestions!! :-)The sound in FS9 is just as it was when the FDSFX sounds were working normally - I can try changing the sliders and then putting them back again, but as it is only FDSFX on the whole PC that has this problem (as far as I have discovered) I don't think that is likely to do much.DXDiag shows no errors with the sound. I have checked the soundcard settings on my PC - all look fine. I have all sliders at 100% (and adjust volume with the control for my Creative speakers. I could try changing the sound to onboard temporarily and see if that helps (will report back if so).M

No, I'm not going to get fed up with your suggestions!! :-)The sound in FS9 is just as it was when the FDSFX sounds were working normally - I can try changing the sliders and then putting them back again, but as it is only FDSFX on the whole PC that has this problem (as far as I have discovered) I don't think that is likely to do much.DXDiag shows no errors with the sound. I have checked the soundcard settings on my PC - all look fine. I have all sliders at 100% (and adjust volume with the control for my Creative speakers. I could try changing the sound to onboard temporarily and see if that helps (will report back if so).M
HelloI found that if turn down my engine sounds and environment (in the FS9 sound settingssliders right back) then when I come to a flight turn the speaker volume right up then engines are still audible ,but ATC for instance and any other cockpit sounds are really loud so maybe that is worth a try.Its strange how FDSFX worked correctly for you before.There must be some solution to this surelyConfused.gifAndy, biggrin.gif

I can't recreate the issue so I am not having much luck at a solution. If I were to guess, you say you have all the sliders cranked up but can barely hear the announcements (but you can hear them), my guess would be a mute button somewhere.If all else fails you could go back to square one and try installing it with the default 737-400. When you know how the thing installs, it really takes about a minute. Gauges can go either in the main Gauge folder or in the aircraft panel folder. You could try them in each. Sound files can really be anywhere you want them. You could try placing them in a different folder. Again these are just things coming off the top of my head.There is no overall volume built into FDSFX. Each switch has its own volume control. And that overall volume is controlled by FS9 and then by Windows (or by an audio card).

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Tried changing sounds within FS9, but no help. I am going to have to try to find a (freeware) batch audio normalizer (anyone know of one?) and increase the volume of all my sound files..M.

No, but keep us posted. Running a flight now. Have to hit Q to mute the engines every time I want to hear the callout

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Actually, normalising the mp3/wav files is not really an option - the amount that the audio file can be amplified is limited by the spikes in its wave form. In other words, if I choose normalize 100% in an audio editor, the difference with most of the files is marginal, volume-wise, in the cockpit.Oh, I would really, really like to know why all the FDSFX files played back fine for years (literally) and then a few weeks ago decided to play so quietly one can hardly hear them: my cockpit callout files from FDC Live Cockpit play just fine, as do all the FS9 ATC files - in fact every other audio file in FS9 plays as it always had, it's only FDSFX that suddenly has a problem. I assume that this is the same for others who have this issue?Typical of computers, this, isn't it! One minute OK, the next, not. Anyone who says they don't have a mind of their own, clearly never uses them!M.

Actually, normalising the mp3/wav files is not really an option - the amount that the audio file can be amplified is limited by the spikes in its wave form. In other words, if I choose normalize 100% in an audio editor, the difference with most of the files is marginal, volume-wise, in the cockpit.Oh, I would really, really like to know why all the FDSFX files played back fine for years (literally) and then a few weeks ago decided to play so quietly one can hardly hear them: my cockpit callout files from FDC Live Cockpit play just fine, as do all the FS9 ATC files - in fact every other audio file in FS9 plays as it always had, it's only FDSFX that suddenly has a problem. I assume that this is the same for others who have this issue?Typical of computers, this, isn't it! One minute OK, the next, not. Anyone who says they don't have a mind of their own, clearly never uses them!M.
MI feel your pain! the irony is I still have FDSFX and its LOUD! but I don't use it ,yours is mute ,and you DO want to use it.PS what happens if you play the MP3s from the FDSFX folder (not in game)if I do that real player shows volume slider well to the left and its perfectly audible ,with plenty of slider adjustment left for deafening .Andy

Hi. I have used FDSFX for years and have collected a nice set of cockpit/cabin announcements in a dozen or more different languages. A week or two ago however, the volumes of the announcements suddenly went so low I can hardly hear most of them. No idea what triggered it. If I right-click they are still set around 100% volume, and if I play the individual files in a media player they are as loud as they ever were, it's only in the FDSFX interface that they play back so softly.Any ideas how to solve this, short of reinstalling the programme (which may or may not help)?Thanks,Martin
Hi there, hope you wont mind me asking but I love FDSFX, and was interested to hear that you've collected a decent set of voices. I've had trouble finding many sets, there are a few on Avsim but the selection is very limited - I wondered where you have sourced yours from? It's a great little addon isn't it, just does what you need it to without any added complications. I love it!

If I play the FDSFX files in a media player, they are fine. It's only through the FDSFX interface in the cockpit (all buttons set at 100% volume) that they are so quiet.To get my cabin/cockpit sound files I just Googled likely phrases (e.g. - cockpit cabin announcement Greek ) and bit by bit built up a collection in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Greek, Arabic, Japanese, Hebrew, Turkish, Russian, Thai, as well as English in British, American, Irish, Australian etc. accents. Adds a lot of realism, yes. If I knew where I had found them all I would post the URLs, but I am afraid I don't. There are quite a few available for free download at fspassengers.com - a payware package, but the voicepacks that people have uploaded are freely available. You just have to extract them and sort them into various folders, according to language. The couple of creators - compilers I should say - of the files I contacted at the time were quite happy for that to be done. I then created a batch file script with which I can switch between FDSFX languages at the click of a mouse. Just a pity I can hardly hear them all now! M.

I did keep most of the zip files I downloaded. If you Google the actual file names, you might locate them more easily. This is the list of files I have (again created by a script, I didn't write it out myself!):M.1018_New_Aussie.zip105_German_Crew_DLH.zip1082_OLYMPIC_AIRLINES_GREEK_ENGLISH_ANNOUNCE.zip1084_crew_preparetakeoff.zip 1085_Crew7_beforeland.zip 1086_Crew6_descent.zip 1087_Crew8_aftland.zip 1088_Crew2_safetyaboard.zip 1089_Crew1_welcomeonboard.zip 1099_ANNOUNCEMENTS.zip1115_New_Zealander_Soundpack.zip1181_gr_crew.zip 253_Italiancrew.zip 298_German_Crew_DLH_11.zip 317_SpanishPak1.zip318_SpanishPak2.zip335_French_copilot_and_attendant.zip 491_Alitalia_Crew.zip 662_dutch_voicepack1.zip 663_dutch_voicepack2.zip 664_dutch_voicepack3.zip 670_dutch_voicepack4.zip 771_Prof._German_and_English_Crew_Annonuce.zip 793_NewDutch.zip 794_Newdutch2.zip 824_FsP_german.zip 83_Spanish_attendant.zip 981_Dutch_add-on.zipaecm_eg.zip aecm_fr.zip aerlinguscrewpack.zipafrsafty.zip anasafty.zip announce.zipArabic.zip britishairwayscabinannouncements.zip cabin_announce_rp.zip capthallpt1.zip capthallpt2.zip df737captain-cabin-announcements.zip ElalSounds.zip fdc-ca-d.zip fdsfx_american_airlines.zip fltattend.zip ghgvoice.zipjalsafty.zip Russian.zip siasafety.zip swisscabinannouncements.zip thissfty.zip us_airways_new_safety_recording.zip voice_pack1_french.zip voice_pack2_italian.zipvoice_pack3_french2.zipvoice_pack4_italian2.zip voice_pack5_dutch.zip vsajcthy.zip vsajcthy2.zip vsaxdal1.zipvskaual1.zip vsswacol.zip

HelloI have just had a look in the main fs9 gauges folder,and if you scroll down to the F entries you will find FDSFX individual gauges and each has a DAT file,I opened some of these and they 'appear' to show the volume setting of that particular sound file in FDSFX (sometimes other FS sound settings come in a note pad type file and can be easily edited IE 100 being the maximum) the ones I opened all showed one hundred. Perhaps you could take a look at yours if they show a lesser value then maybe you could increase that to one hundred.This IS a lot supposition on my part ,but maybe worth a look ,you will have to have a program that allows the opening of DAT files.Someone with more knowledge may then be able to help.cheers AS ever Andy

I did keep most of the zip files I downloaded. If you Google the actual file names, you might locate them more easily. This is the list of files I have (again created by a script, I didn't write it out myself!):M.
Wow that's quite a collection, many thanks for taking the trouble to list them, it has indeed helped me to find a few more voice sets, they're pretty hard to come by!

Hi. Yes, the dat files all show 100, like this:FD12_Takeoff-Captain.mp3.\Sound\FDSFX\FD12_Takeoff-Captain.mp3.\Sound\FDSFX\1000I wonder what the last zero is?M.