Sign in to follow this  
tam210

blurry textures with gtx580

I would get rid of the max async batch jobs line, that and the fiber frame fraction cause blurries unless your cpu is at 4ghz

Do you mean 0.25 ?
Sorry, Bert - yes - .25 - it's smoother that default, and there aren't any blurries on this rig. I use .08 with the BirdDog, Cub, etc.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I had been busy with the nVidia setting in tha past few days, led by this discussion and found a setting in the nvidia inspector called " Pre-rerendered Frames". It´s set to its highest value of 8. Does reducing or in general chanaging this value give my any extra FPS?

still gettting the blurries what is this games problem mean f*** sake its the only game that has this problem what a joke im starting to get really annoyed now what a waste of money if i cant get this fixed :( mean ive tried everything i can think of and in my other games it just keeps making them look better and better with the AA fsx however is just being a pig of a simulation looks like if jsut wasted 100+ of addons on top of 1700 for the pc pff ! :unsure:looks like its age of empires or gtr evo for the time being. or fs2004 :(thanks guys could you think of anything else ?

still gettting the blurries what is this games problem mean f*** sake its the only game that has this problem what a joke im starting to get really annoyed now what a waste of money if i cant get this fixed :( mean ive tried everything i can think of and in my other games it just keeps making them look better and better with the AA fsx however is just being a pig of a simulation looks like if jsut wasted 100+ of addons on top of 1700 for the pc pff ! :unsure:looks like its age of empires or gtr evo for the time being. or fs2004 :(thanks guys could you think of anything else ?
did you follow that thread I linked to the line?also have you tried renaming your FSX.CFG and letting FSX rebuild it?If all that fails, uninstall your graphics driver, reboot in safe mode, run Driver Sweeper and delete everything from nVidia, reboot, and reinstall the driver. Reboot and configure inspector again

did you follow that thread I linked to the line?also have you tried renaming your FSX.CFG and letting FSX rebuild it?If all that fails, uninstall your graphics driver, reboot in safe mode, run Driver Sweeper and delete everything from nVidia, reboot, and reinstall the driver. Reboot and configure inspector again
yeah have tried that aswell do you think its a driver issue with fsx gtr evo etc works perfect what is the procedure to delete all the drivers and use this driver sweeper?thanks for the help all of you i appreciate it just wish the damn thing would work lol :(

yeah have tried that aswell do you think its a driver issue with fsx gtr evo etc works perfect what is the procedure to delete all the drivers and use this driver sweeper?thanks for the help all of you i appreciate it just wish the damn thing would work lol :(
1.- download and install Driver Sweeper2.- Uninstall the graphics driver (Control panel -> Uninstall a program -Z search for nVidia and uninstall everything)3.- Reboot in safe mode (pressing F8 before windows starts loading the boot mode menu will show up. Select Safe Mode)4.- In safe mode, run Driver Sweeper. You'll see a window like thisdriversweeper-250.jpgTick NVIDIA chipset, NVIDIA display and NVIDIA Physx and press cleanIt will then promt to reboot. Do so5.- Once back in Windows, reinstall the latest nvidia driver 266.58 and reboot again6.- Reconfigure nVidia Inspector exactly as explained in the thread I linked7.- Test FSX

I don't like repeating this, but - are you still running the sim with all the settings cranked to the right??

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I don't like repeating this, but - are you still running the sim with all the settings cranked to the right??
yeah i tried them on lower settings aswell no diffrence put everything like textures etc to 65 % still no working :(

yeah i tried them on lower settings aswell no diffrence put everything like textures etc to 65 % still no working :(
Just a thought, Tam - your 'Global Texture Resolution" MUST be on "very high" - regardless of the other settings, or you will get blurries.Where is yours set?

update:done the above see a slight improvment to the texture loading i have reduced my scenery to high and am currently defragging my hardrive again and just about to install bojotes tweak to see if we can get rid of the blurries i do see an improvment however.i will keep trying thanks and i will post my resultswhat a good bunch of guys so again thanks :)

good to hear things are getting better. you can also try to increase your LOD (FSX.CFG):LOD_RADIUS=4.500000to 6.5, 7.5 play with that too and see if it helpscan you please post a screen shot again so that we can see how it looks now?

think the problem may be due to my HD not reading the scenery fast enough.i have set my mesh complexity to 30 and put the AA etc on application controlled and see better quality AA and the scenery loading up faster.will post screenshots etc later tonight thanks.

think the problem may be due to my HD not reading the scenery fast enough.i have set my mesh complexity to 30 and put the AA etc on application controlled and see better quality AA and the scenery loading up faster.
sometimes FSX looks like it takes some time to lad textures and AG, could be normal. Try a higher LOD in your FSX.CFG. I don't think it's your HDD but who knowsAA (as for Anti Aliasing) should not be set to app controlled, or it should not look better than 8xS or 8xSQ in inspector. The responsible for blurs is Anisotropic Filtering and you should se that to "User defined" + x16 in inspector, or you can try "Application controlled" and set filtering to "Anisotropic in the FSX settings":OPTION 1:insp1.pngOPTION 2:insp2.pnghow does it look with MESH_COMPLEXITY=100?