Sign in to follow this  
Jen

Bojote's Tweaking/Tuning Tool for FSX

One of the questions pertaining to the tweaking tool listed on the site below asks for the brand of my graphics card, but lists all nvidia cards. I'm using a Ati 5770 card and it wants me to give 'an equivalent nvidia counterpart' as an answer to the question. What would I enter for an equivalent nvidia counterpart to my Ati 5770 graphics card? Also it wants to know if I would like the vSync FIX applied? What exactly does this mean, and if I'm a computer illiterate, should I answer (Yes) or (No) to this question? On a final note, keeping in mind that I'm a computer illiterate, should I take the 'normal' as opposed to the 'conservative' approach to the optimization question?http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlRegards,jack noulet

Jack,A 5770 is roughly equivalent to a GTX260 in terms of performance.The VSync fix is something that to me depends on whether you run windowed or full-screen mode. If you run full-screen then use it, but don't if you run windowed mode. The reason is that in windowed mode, Vsync can actually drop your framerate considerably. This won't happen in full-screen because FSX uses a form of triple buffering that prevents it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for your reply Ryan. As for the last question: Do you have any advise as to taking the 'Normal' as opposed to the 'Conservative' approach to the optimization question while keeping in mind that I'm not very computer savvy?:( Regards,jack noulet

Thanks for your reply Ryan. As for the last question: Do you have any advise as to taking the 'Normal' as opposed to the 'Conservative' approach to the optimization question while keeping in mind that I'm not very computer savvy?:( Regards,jack noulet
Normal, It just lets them make the most suitable adjustments to teh CFG...

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Many' Thanks' Ronan...Regards,jack noulet