Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

LDS767 Voice Commander

Hi BryanAfter being away from my flightsim for 5 months,just got back into the swing of things,and after reading an excellent review in PC Pilot, decided to purchase your Airline Pilot Xtreme bundle today.I have had considerable experiences of your Button Control version products for the LDS767,and PMDG's 747 and MD-11,but decided to go for the Voice Commander versions today.I run FS9/XP Pro on one PC and FSX/W7 Pro on another, but decided to try the FS9 product first.Everything has installed on my FS9 LDS767 as per.The headset and mic have been voice trained prior to firing up FS9.I can initiate the VC and I get the 'Started' message, but when I opt for the PF countdown,and it begins,and the F/O makes the first greeting,I cannot respond or interact with him.All I get is the words that I speak into my mic repeated on-screen,or displays such as Captain:in.When I utter the words checklist I get no response. I may well be doing something wrong.Your website shows an LDS767 Tutorial Flight but I try to open the link,I get nowhere.Any assistance,tips,etc you can render would be most appreciated.

Hi BryanAfter being away from my flightsim for 5 months,just got back into the swing of things,and after reading an excellent review in PC Pilot, decided to purchase your Airline Pilot Xtreme bundle today.I have had considerable experiences of your Button Control version products for the LDS767,and PMDG's 747 and MD-11,but decided to go for the Voice Commander versions today.I run FS9/XP Pro on one PC and FSX/W7 Pro on another, but decided to try the FS9 product first.Everything has installed on my FS9 LDS767 as per.The headset and mic have been voice trained prior to firing up FS9.I can initiate the VC and I get the 'Started' message, but when I opt for the PF countdown,and it begins,and the F/O makes the first greeting,I cannot respond or interact with him.All I get is the words that I speak into my mic repeated on-screen,or displays such as Captain:in.When I utter the words checklist I get no response. I may well be doing something wrong.Your website shows an LDS767 Tutorial Flight but I try to open the link,I get nowhere.Any assistance,tips,etc you can render would be most appreciated.
Hi Rick,Did you did you double check the manual and look at the phrases the system will accept for the various dialogues?You can just utter the word 'checklist'... you would need to specify the checklist.Again, pls take a 2nd look at the manual.Also remember the checklist you call for must correspond with the 'mode' FS2Crew is in as displayed on the Main Panel.Best,

Hi Rick,Did you did you double check the manual and look at the phrases the system will accept for the various dialogues?You can just utter the word 'checklist'... you would need to specify the checklist.Again, pls take a 2nd look at the manual.Also remember the checklist you call for must correspond with the 'mode' FS2Crew is in as displayed on the Main Panel.Best,
Thank you for your reply. Can you point me to that Voice Commander Tutotorial Flight please?

Thank you for your reply. Can you point me to that Voice Commander Tutotorial Flight please?
Hi Rick,Tutorial is in the manual.... just follow the "Steps".Manual is available via: Start - All Programs - FS2Crew 2010Also be sure to check the Avsim File library. FS2Crew users are always uploading cheat sheets.Cheers,

Voice Commander Update June 2011Not used the Voice Commander for a long time,but since last post,just to update that all is functioning as per the manual.Several flights achieved.No issues other than the Pushback which has been posted elsewhere.

Voice Commander Update June 2011Not used the Voice Commander for a long time,but since last post,just to update that all is functioning as per the manual.Several flights achieved.No issues other than the Pushback which has been posted elsewhere.
Hi Rick,Glad you got it all working :( But remind me what issue you're having with the pushback.Cheers,

Hi Rick,Glad you got it all working :( But remind me what issue you're having with the pushback.Cheers,
Hello BryanThis was posted just before the above post.Any reason why when I select 24 feet as my push-back distance,and a 90 degree turn,I get pushed back far too much? Happened to me at a Heavy gate at HKJK.I was pushed back almost into the terminal building when all I wanted due to aircraft parked behind was make a short tail to the right turn.Reading up further on yhour excellently-produced manual, I realise that I can now say 'Stop Pushback' but I thought that having set a certain distance,in this case 24 feet,it would do it automatically.Thanks.

Hello BryanThis was posted just before the above post.Any reason why when I select 24 feet as my push-back distance,and a 90 degree turn,I get pushed back far too much? Happened to me at a Heavy gate at HKJK.I was pushed back almost into the terminal building when all I wanted due to aircraft parked behind was make a short tail to the right turn.Reading up further on yhour excellently-produced manual, I realise that I can now say 'Stop Pushback' but I thought that having set a certain distance,in this case 24 feet,it would do it automatically.Thanks.
Hi Rick,That can happen from time to time. It's an issue that has plagued many pushback utilities for a long time. I think it may be a bug in FS.Try using the default pushback distance... and don't try to change the degrees to a value over 90.Also, are you also using AES? Some users have run AES at the same time, resulting in two pushback crews working the same plane. And that causes issues.P.S. You can also stop the pushback by pressing shift P.Cheers,

Hi Rick,That can happen from time to time. It's an issue that has plagued many pushback utilities for a long time. I think it may be a bug in FS.Try using the default pushback distance... and don't try to change the degrees to a value over 90.Also, are you also using AES? Some users have run AES at the same time, resulting in two pushback crews working the same plane. And that causes issues.P.S. You can also stop the pushback by pressing shift P.Cheers,
Hi Bryan.Thanks for your reply.No,I do not use AES,and the angled turn was exactly 90 degrees. But instead of pushing back 90 degrees, like I get with the iFly737NGX Button/VC,with this particular aircraft I kept getting a long sweeping arc.Maybe it has something to do with the size and length of the aircraft.But now that I know how it's done,I'll stop the long pushbacks into terminal buildings.On a different aircraft,the iFly737NGX,why does the FO switch off the Position Light when doing his Pre-Taxi checks? Just noticed that.And it happens every flight.

Hi Bryan.Thanks for your reply.No,I do not use AES,and the angled turn was exactly 90 degrees. But instead of pushing back 90 degrees, like I get with the iFly737NGX Button/VC,with this particular aircraft I kept getting a long sweeping arc.Maybe it has something to do with the size and length of the aircraft.But now that I know how it's done,I'll stop the long pushbacks into terminal buildings.On a different aircraft,the iFly737NGX,why does the FO switch off the Position Light when doing his Pre-Taxi checks? Just noticed that.And it happens every flight.
Hi Rick,He shouldn't switch off the position light in the iFly 737 during his before taxi flow.Can you please email me a before and after screen shot so I can see that.Cheers,

Thanks BryanWill do next time I get the iFly737NGX out of the hangar.Currently trying to add hours to my Level-d 767.