Sign in to follow this  
easySatPix

Please help testing easysatpix, a weather information tool

Hey guys,i would appreciate your help! I am currently working on a little tool an this needs tested!The tools (easysatpix) aim is to retrieve weatherdata such as fronts, SIGN weather, upper wind& temperatures, clouds & precipitation and satellite pics from different internet sources. Currently it focusses on Europe and the North Atlantic, later it will be updated with all worldwide regions (N/S America, S ATL, Africa, Asia, Pacific & Australia). Pleas help with:* testing & error reporting* make suggestions on how to improve the software (incl. suggest maps and weather services)You may download the current developing release from: http://easysatpix.av...oad/publish.htmFeel free to contact me via: MAILmainScreen.pngwind.png

I went to download your software but the installer was in another language. After I got it to begin installation, I decided to cancel because I was cautious as to the integrity of you and the software you posted.Nothing personal, but I will need a little more information from you, and an ENGLISH installer before I help you test it.That said, it looks very promising and I hope you can discredit my woe's. A program that allows me to access all pertinant weather information on one screen, with automatic updates from NOAA and other respected sources, would be very useful for the flight group I'm associated with, my Turbine Tour, and just my bush flying in general.I hope you're able to reply.

I went to download your software but the installer was in another language. After I got it to begin installation, I decided to cancel because I was cautious as to the integrity of you and the software you posted.Nothing personal, but I will need a little more information from you, and an ENGLISH installer before I help you test it.That said, it looks very promising and I hope you can discredit my woe's. A program that allows me to access all pertinant weather information on one screen, with automatic updates from NOAA and other respected sources, would be very useful for the flight group I'm associated with, my Turbine Tour, and just my bush flying in general.I hope you're able to reply.
Hey Tracon.Thanks for posting your concern! And thanks for indicating the language-thing within the installer. I will change that during the next minutes. The installer i am using is a out of the box product from Microsoft. This is just going to bring the current developing release from my personal url to your disc. You may be dissapointed by the fact that currently only Europe is considered so far. I am working on a database for a worldwide coverage, expect North America and the North Atlantic next.If you still have concerns, feel free to contact me personally.Hope this helps a bit.Willy

I do not know if it would be possible, but it will be good to have the possibility to check the 'past weather'

Past weather will be added in a future version!Guys, any Windows 7 64bit folks out there. I need some of you testing this!Thanks in advance

I do not know if it would be possible, but it will be good to have the possibility to check the 'past weather'

I'm running Windows x64 and the only issue i'm having so far is that i'm not able to get the Metar weather. Maps etc is brilliant and works a charm.ReagrdsPete

40282618105572517s.jpg

Hey Pete,this problem is new to me but lets see how e solve it. There are currently 2 ways to retrieve METARS, the one within the Tab (which brings decoded METARs ). The other one is located in the toolbar and retrieves METAR, TAF and short TAF (coded). Which one do you refer to?I found out that retrieving the encoded METARS/TAFS/short TAFS.. sometimes takes some seconds (up to 10), depending on the availability of the NOAA servers..Thanks for your help!Willy

Hey Pete,this problem is new to me but lets see how e solve it. There are currently 2 ways to retrieve METARS, the one within the Tab (which brings decoded METARs ). The other one is located in the toolbar and retrieves METAR, TAF and short TAF (coded). Which one do you refer to?I found out that retrieving the encoded METARS/TAFS/short TAFS.. sometimes takes some seconds (up to 10), depending on the availability of the NOAA servers..Thanks for your help!Willy
Willy. Have tried it again tonight using both tabs and they both work fine. The one i was using was the Tab next to "coming soon". Really good program and one that will certainly come in handy.Many ThanksPete

40282618105572517s.jpg

Thanks Pete, hope you enjoy it!

Willy. Have tried it again tonight using both tabs and they both work fine. The one i was using was the Tab next to "coming soon". Really good program and one that will certainly come in handy.Many ThanksPete

Guys, easySaPix is now finally out. Go get it from the avsim library, the filename is easysatpix. Thanks for testing and comments!cheers