Sign in to follow this  
europrodave

Windows/FSX Still Crashing!

Hi Simmers.I have tried to fly again and enjoyed my time at EGGL prior to take off, just got past Ireland on my way to KJFK when again, "Poof". gone and computer reboots.I have installed the ulauntomationcore.dll into FSX so was wondering if there was something else I should try before I chuck this glorified paper weight out of the window.All I get is that a Fatal Errors has occurred and the auto reboot happens without any prompting.Good times.Any and all assistance and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.With best regards.David Bell

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

Any and all assistance and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
OK, but first please give us something to work on.

Version of Windoze (and 32 or 64 bit)?

Version of FSX? (SP1/2/Acceleration)?

Hardware (CPU type and speed, Amount of memory, Graphics card, etc)

What tweaks have you applied (apart from uiautomationcore.dll)?

...enjoyed my time at EGGL
Don't know that one. EGLL maybe??? :( :( Cheers, Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Duh... Yeah, that would be EGLL as in London Heathrow. Trying to type too fast I guess. mellow.gifI haveI have Windows 7 64 bit with an Intel CORE i7 with 12 GB Ram.Thanks for your assistance Brian. I really appreciate it.With best regards.DavidOh yeah. It always seems to happen about 40 min or so into any and all flights. When I'm changing views. Not sure if that helps...Thanks in advance.David

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

Hi, David!

Duh... Yeah, that would be EGLL as in London Heathrow.
<grin> Sorry, I wasn't nitpicking, just wondered if you were flying out of a grass strip or something.... :(
I have Windows 7 64 bit with an Intel CORE i7 with 12 GB Ram. ... It always seems to happen about 40 min or so into any and all flights. When I'm changing views.
Although a CTD is usually a rather different beast from the uiautomation blackout effects. Clearly you shouldn't be running out of memory..... Have you had a look at the Events log to see if there's anything in there that might give you a clue? If you're not too happy digging around in Windoze dumps (and who could blame you?) there's a utility called (I think) WhoCrashed that might be able to assist.The other thing that you didn't mention was whether you have other tweaks in your fsx.cfg file. For example, have you run Bojote's tweaker?Cheers,Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

+1 on Brian's suggestion to run the Bojote tweaker. I am using the FSX.cfg file that his site created for me and my performance has been spectacular ever since.Among other things it adds a line called HIGHMEMFIX=1 (where in the config exactly I forget) that is supposed to address major problems.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Brian.No, please I was not directing the Duh... comment to you. That was a reflection of my own carelessness by adding EGGL as apposed to EGLL.I truly appreciate your suggestions although I think they are a little over my head.What I might do is bring the computer to my local builder and see if they can assist me.What do you mean by "tweaks"? I have a couple dozen add-ons as in airports and other scenery.I just wanna fly manCry.gifThanks for the suggestions. I'll pass this thread onto my smart guy at my local computer store.With best regards.David.

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

Brian.No, please I was not directing the Duh... comment to you. That was a reflection of my own carelessness by adding EGGL as apposed to EGLL.I truly appreciate your suggestions although I think they are a little over my head.What I might do is bring the computer to my local builder and see if they can assist me.What do you mean by "tweaks"? I have a couple dozen add-ons as in airports and other scenery.I just wanna fly manCry.gifThanks for the suggestions. I'll pass this thread onto my smart guy at my local computer store.With best regards.David.
David;The "tweaks" we're talking about are modifications to the file called FSX.cfg that is buried in your system ("application data/FSX" folder I think). What you do is submit your current FSX.cfg and some details about your system (CPU, video card, memory etc.) and the Bojote's website creates a new FSX.cfg that you can download and try on your system.Unless your computer store guy is a Flightsim nerd (like us LOL) he might not be able to help much since there is probably nothing inherently wrong with your system...FSX just needs to be configured to run on it, and that is what Bojote does.That's about the end of my knowledge on this...good luck!

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Thanks, I'll give that a try. But in the mean time, I have un and reinstalled everything. I am now not able to move the UIAutomationCore.dll file into my Microsoft FSX file.It states I don't have permission to move this file??I'd like to give it permission but don't know how. Do you have any ideas with this one?Thanks again and sorry to be a bother.David

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

Thanks, I'll give that a try. But in the mean time, I have un and reinstalled everything. I am now not able to move the UIAutomationCore.dll file into my Microsoft FSX file.It states I don't have permission to move this file??I'd like to give it permission but don't know how. Do you have any ideas with this one?Thanks again and sorry to be a bother.David
David - check this thread about giving permissions to your FSX folder: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324734-keyboard-commands-wont-save-and-fmc-wont-load/page__p__1914964__hl__permissions__fromsearch__1#entry1914964

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Right On!!.Thanks Matt. Thanks Brian. This Forum is the best. Applause.gifWith best regards.David.

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

reboots sound like a under-powered power supply and some type of instability. maybe new drivers needed for sound and video. run windows update lately?

Could also be overheating.. Might want to open it up and suck out all the dust with the vacuum cleaner. Specially from all the fans that you encounter.Also go for the tweaks from Bojote as mentioned above.Can you tell us what kind of power supply is installed in your computer?