Sign in to follow this  
tmaciol

Weather catch 22 ?

Hi everyone,I´ve tried to find a solution for this for quite some time but now I´m thinking that I need a new perspective because I´m stuck.My problem:I´m using FS9 with RC 4 and Flightsim Commander 8.6 (FSC) for flightplanning (mostly flight in Europe). Usually I start FSC first ,select the departure airport, download real weather and do the departure and arrival planning based on the weather info FSC provides. FSC doesn´t tell me which Rwy is in use though. I do an intelligent guess based on the wind direction After that I save the flightplan for use with RC.Next I fire up FS9 (put the plane at the departure airport - gate) and also download real weather. Then I start RC with the saved FSC-Flightplan.First thing I notice that if I compare the ATIS info by FS9 and the WX report by RC they´re quite different (sometimes FS9 has Oscar and RC has Lima).Next thing is that I might have planned the wrong departure because now there is a different runway in use (FS9 has Rwy X in use and RC tells me it´s Rwy Z - same can happen upon arrival).I´ve tinkered with a selfmade preflight procedure and switched steps back an forth. But I always seem to come back to the problem of how to begin the flightplanning. Which weather to use to avoid having to do the planning and routing again.Is there a solution for this? How do I start the preparation? What steps did I miss or did the other way around? Thanks in advanceRegardsTorsten

RC creates its own ATIS based on the weather read from FS and the actions it observes from AI. It assigns its own ATIS version ident. In the increments FS updates real world weather sometimes AI get out of sync in the pattern when the weather changes taking quite a while to respond. I believe FS does not handle missing weather reporting stations very well.RC does give priority to AI patterns when runways are assigned by the AI can change their pattern after the assignment is made. AI also in some wind conditions choose a different runway based on aircraft and runway properties including favoring navaid runways if winds are below certain values.I use with FS9 Active Sky 6.5 and download the Z time archive for the date and time of my flight, adjusted to FS time of the departure, not system time. Consider this a stable snapshot of the area and date/time you are interested in. It also generates a nice route based weather report along your flight plan if you import it into AS. I don't use ASE because of system performance demands and some issues (mostly with FSX DWC requiring Global Weather Mode). You see the ASE threads here.As far as I know FSC does not control FS weather like Active sky does nor can read AS weather like some other planners (used for fuel planning). It might be possible for FS downloaded weather to be out of sync with FS downloaded weather.I would also update FSUIPC and makeryws as described below if you have not updated since your install. When updating makerwys be sure to run the RC scenery rebuild from within RC after installing it (special technique required if RC is on a networked client to an FS host).----------------Get the base FSUIPC version from:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmland then the interim update version from the modules link on this page:http://forum.simflight.com/forum/142-download-links/From that same downloads link page under the Additional Programs link get the latest makerwys.exeFSUIPC now self installs initially based on your registry entry for your FS path. Check that with this free utility:FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB) from http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryAfter getting FSUIPC installed and then makerwys.exe installed in your FS folder start RC and rebuild the scenery database. Not that an additional step is required if you have RC on a networked client to an FS host.If you have both an FSX and FS9 installation two RC4 folders were created. Be sure you have a shortcut for each RC version to its respective folder for each FS version. (VISTA and Win 7 users will want for each shortcut set in its advanced properties to run as admin.) Rebuild from within each RC version the scenery database.

Hi everyone,I´ve tried to find a solution for this for quite some time but now I´m thinking that I need a new perspective because I´m stuck.My problem:I´m using FS9 with RC 4 and Flightsim Commander 8.6 (FSC) for flightplanning (mostly flight in Europe). Usually I start FSC first ,select the departure airport, download real weather and do the departure and arrival planning based on the weather info FSC provides. FSC doesn´t tell me which Rwy is in use though. I do an intelligent guess based on the wind direction After that I save the flightplan for use with RC.Next I fire up FS9 (put the plane at the departure airport - gate) and also download real weather. Then I start RC with the saved FSC-Flightplan.First thing I notice that if I compare the ATIS info by FS9 and the WX report by RC they´re quite different (sometimes FS9 has Oscar and RC has Lima).Next thing is that I might have planned the wrong departure because now there is a different runway in use (FS9 has Rwy X in use and RC tells me it´s Rwy Z - same can happen upon arrival).I´ve tinkered with a selfmade preflight procedure and switched steps back an forth. But I always seem to come back to the problem of how to begin the flightplanning. Which weather to use to avoid having to do the planning and routing again.Is there a solution for this? How do I start the preparation? What steps did I miss or did the other way around? Thanks in advanceRegardsTorsten
is the only difference between fs9 weather atis and rc atis the identifier? if so - nothing you can do about it. it's more important to get the wind, temp, pressure to agree than the identifier.here is the hole you're digging for yourself. you're planning based on weather set "A", you're flying a sim with weather set "B". you're assuming you can determine the departure runway - you might as well get out a coin and toss it.based on this scenerio, i would make my plan flexible. departure procedure "1" for runway "1" and departure procedure "2" for runway "2". make your flight plan based on a common point in departure procedure "1" and "2". ignore all the checkpoint prior to this common checkpoint. then choose flexible departure procedure in rc. then, regardless of the runway, you can fly the departure procedure for that runway. rc only cares about you making it to the common checkpoint. there is a section in the manual on flexible departure procedure, and flight planning.or you can create two seperate flight plans, one for runway "1", one for "2", etc...fire up fs, load the weather, find out what the ai are doing. load the corresponding .pln. start rc, load the same plan, and click start. cross your fingers that nothing changed in the meantime.jd