Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Eeeek! Need Help With 'Broken' FSX Installation

I was just putting the finishing touches to a new FSX installation. with all my addons in when... BANG... We had a circuit breaker pop in our main electric box!Now, whenever I load FSX, I get 3-5 FPS and very poor running.So far I've tried reverting back to a previous dll.xml, rebuilding the fsx.cfg file and also a full Windows7 system restore. All with no change.Any ideas guys?

You'll save a bunch of time and headaches by just starting over.

Have you tried running any other graphic/CPU intensive applications? Something may have broken...

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

You'll save a bunch of time and headaches by just starting over.
Gee, thanks. I only just finshed that :(

Have you tried running any other graphic/CPU intensive applications? Something may have broken...
Nicely spotted there friend.FEW!!! All is back to normal after an nVidia driver reinstall.Guess the power out caused graphics corruption.Hey Jim, look at that bunch of time I saved not starting over... ;-)Thanks though...

Guest firehawk44
Hey Jim, look at that bunch of time I saved not starting over... ;-)Thanks though...
Let's be nice Phil. Jim was only trying to help with a suggestion. You can take his advice or not. A circuit breaker shutting down electricity can be serious and a multitude of issues could have possibly occurred to your computer system. At least you were able to fix it simply by reinstalling your display drivers which, to me, does not make sense based on your original description of your problem. I was getting ready to suggest you troubleshoot your system board and memory but saw you got your problem fixed. That wouldn't have been right either and maybe I would have gotten a sarcastic comment too? At least you were kind enough to thank him at the end and that's always appreciated. Glad you were able to get your problem fixed!Best regards,Jim

Fire,In his defense D and I go way back both here and at another FS site and I didn't take exception to his posting, especially with the smiley face he added. Some things FS related really get his goat!

Fire,In his defense D and I go way back both here and at another FS site and I didn't take exception to his posting, especially with the smiley face he added. Some things FS related really get his goat!
Indeed jimIt was meant to be tongue in cheek