Sign in to follow this  
Stephinder

No transponder

I've just recently bought Just Flight's DC-3 and was disappointed to find that it does not have a transponder. So RC-4 cannot track it. That may be realistic but going back to FSX default ATC is not. Is there a way around it. I tried changing the squawck code in the RC interface but it didn't help.

Hello Stephinder.I have a nasty feeling you'll have to visit your local aviation hardware shop and break out the screwdriver to fit a transponder somewhere in the cockpit (i. e. add a radio-stack panel from an aircraft that does have one...).Regards,Dave

In my independent opinion not speaking for any staff or beta testers of RC the easiest way to place a gauge in a panel is to use FS Panel Studio distributed by flight1.com. It is a visual environment for panel creation and editing including sizing gauges, etc., and can make quick work of adding a gauge. FS need not be running. You can take any gauge you already have in FS gauges or aircraft panel gauge folder and place it (if file/folder privileges allow) in your panel or place it in a new pop up window.I recommend the download version $25 for easy service pack upgrades:http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=FSP-ESD-001It is a great tool for upgrading freeware panels by trading gauges and also installing payware packages like ISGsim and Reality-XP gauge suites often used to retro older aircraft. However ISG does not contain comms or transponder. I am just illustrating the use of FS Panel Studio.http://fspanelstudio.com/ is the designer's product page with the best description and links to its forum. Note that it states it is also Win 7 compatible but the flight 1 product page does not.

Fortunately I had FSPS, though I'd never used it since I never use 2D panels, with VC cockpits being so good these days. Also it was good that Just Flight's excellent DC3 does have a 2D panel. With a few mouse clicks I swapped a guage for the default King Air XPDR and problem solved. The main 2D panel comes up with shift 1 and Iv'e got a transponder. Thanks RonzieStephen aka stephinder

In my independent opinion not speaking for any staff or beta testers of RC the easiest way to place a gauge in a panel is to use FS Panel Studio distributed by flight1.com. It is a visual environment for panel creation and editing including sizing gauges, etc., and can make quick work of adding a gauge. FS need not be running. You can take any gauge you already have in FS gauges or aircraft panel gauge folder and place it (if file/folder privileges allow) in your panel or place it in a new pop up window.I recommend the download version $25 for easy service pack upgrades:http://www.flight1.c...uct=FSP-ESD-001It is a great tool for upgrading freeware panels by trading gauges and also installing payware packages like ISGsim and Reality-XP gauge suites often used to retro older aircraft. However ISG does not contain comms or transponder. I am just illustrating the use of FS Panel Studio.http://fspanelstudio.com/ is the designer's product page with the best description and links to its forum. Note that it states it is also Win 7 compatible but the flight 1 product page does not.