Sign in to follow this  
Devinci

PMDG MD-11

Well today I've decided to buy the PMDG MD-11 so I could wait for the NGX. I went to the website and go the product page. But here is the problem: It's 80$ guys. In my opinion that's too expensive (Maybe I'm too poor). I don't know if you have been told that or not? Well I could buy it if it was for both versions but FSX only 80$... So what I'm saying is that you guys should look your prices again and make it no more than 50$. I'm not criticising but just advising. I know you guys make the best fsx addon out-there. What I really hoped is that you guys would reduce the price after few years at least. Also hope that the NGX is not gonna be that expensive. Sorry to get into your business but really I gave up after seeing that price and I know that I'm not the only one.

Sure its a lot to spend on a plane but I think its 100% worth it. These guys spend countless hours developing this thing so they deserve it

Sure its a lot to spend on a plane but I think its 100% worth it. These guys spend countless hours developing this thing so they deserve it
I agree. I do buy many other games too. They're all around 60$. And I know the developers spent several months too to make them.As you can see on my signature I already bought many expensive addons but this time. The card didn't get out Shame%20On%20You.gif of my pocket because I was expecting 50$ or something :(.

Well today I've decided to buy the PMDG MD-11 so I could wait for the NGX. I went to the website and go the product page. But here is the problem: It's 80$ guys. In my opinion that's too expensive (Maybe I'm too poor). I don't know if you have been told that or not? Well I could buy it if it was for both versions but FSX only 80$... So what I'm saying is that you guys should look your prices again and make it no more than 50$. I'm not criticising but just advising. I know you guys make the best fsx addon out-there. What I really hoped is that you guys would reduce the price after few years at least. Also hope that the NGX is not gonna be that expensive. Sorry to get into your business but really I gave up after seeing that price and I know that I'm not the only one.
Try living in New Zealand its like $120.00 NZD :(

Try living in New Zealand its like $120.00 NZD :(
I know anywhere in the world it's a bunch of money to be honest.

Guest wims

It would surprise me if the NGX was any cheaper than their current top airliner, the MD11.

I am not sure if discussing pricing policy is allowed by the forum rules (see article 8). Here are my 2 cents however:While 80 USD is not cheap, the aircraft is absolutely worth it. PMDG have been constantly improving their products and the MD11 delivers a functionality that is yet unmatched in my opinion, at least as far as airliners are concerned. It's a huge step up from their 744. I think I even still prefer it over the Jetstream. But I am kind of biased, as the real MD1 is one of my favorite airplanes of all times. With the HD textures that you can find here on AVSIM the PMDG version looks magnificent.There are still developers that charge a lot more than PMDG and deliver far less! For 80 USD you get all available versions of the MD11 (except the C/CF) complete with individual sounds, virtual cockpit and system simulation. On top of that you get a failure module and lots of free repaints. You can even change the symbology of the instruments to what your favorite airlines uses, amongst other things. I cringed over the price, too, when I had to buy the MD11 a second time after switching over to FSX. But in the long run I didn't regret that investment. You'll regret if you spend 50 USD on a half-baked add-on instead of getting over yourself and purchase the MD11.

I am not sure if discussing pricing policy is allowed by the forum rules (see article 8). Here are my 2 cents however:
Well I hope we are in a "democracy" in here. It's just my opinion and certainely will not affect any future customer. And I know I would hear that "it's worth it"...Shame%20On%20You.gif It can be worth 1000$ for someone and not even 10$ for another. I'm just telling it could have been cheaper. Maybe it's like that because there is not something similar on the market. But they have to think about poor customers like me.:(

Guest wims
Well I hope we are in a "democracy" in here. ...
Well, this is the official PMDG forum, you obviously are not allowed to say everything you want. Freedom of speech do not regulate relations between members of the public, it only regulates relations between the members of the public and its government. Think about it, if I invited somebody to my house, then he started talking trash about my wife I would of course be allowed to throw him out of my house without him being able to claim "freedom of speech". Same thing goes in a forum like this one. PMDG sets the rules and it is up to the users to abide by those rules. If you do not follow them then you run the risk of getting removed (aka banned)

Well, this is the official PMDG forum, you obviously are not allowed to say everything you want. Freedom of speech do not regulate relations between members of a public, it only regulates relations between the members of the public and its government. Think about it, if I invited somebody to my house, then he started talking trash about my wife I would of course be allowed to throw him out of my house without him being able to claim "freedom of speech". Same thing goes in a forum like this one. PMDG sets the rules and it is up to the users to abide by those rules. If you do not follow them then you run the risk of getting removed (aka banned)
Well sometime you have to accept the truth even if it hurts you. I'm just letting them know (if they don't already) that there are customers like me that really like their products but cannot afford to pay 80$ for one product. If you can then good for you but don't criticize my own opinion alright? They are free to ban my post Big%20Grin.gif but Truth is always Truth.

Hi,your points are comprehensible, the diverse purchasing power in different countries is a large problem in presence and the primary rate of piracy.As far as i know the PMDG onlineshop has no "gift feature", so i have to ask you, do you have a bank account? (feel free to PM me)It would be a big pleasure to give you the needed 80$ to buy the fabulous MD-11 or the NGX when it's released.regards

Hi,your points are comprehensible, the diverse purchasing power in different countries is a large problem in presence and the primary rate of piracy.As far as i know the PMDG onlineshop has no "gift feature", so i have to ask you, do you have a bank account? (feel free to PM me)It would be a big pleasure to give you the needed 80$ to buy the fabulous MD-11 or the NGX when it's released.regards
Thanks for your concern :(. But yeah I do have a bank account. As you can see in my signature I own some add-ons and I invested a lot in my PC (that's really not about money). But I also know that 80$ maybe little in U.S. but it's not in my country for example.

Thanks for your concern :(. But yeah I do have a bank account. As you can see in my signature I own some add-ons and I invested a lot in my PC (that's really not about money). But I also know that 80$ maybe little in U.S. but it's not in my country for example.
after investigating your signature, maybe you should donate some money to me. :biggrin:As far as i can follow, you argue for a generally moderate pricing of software, at least in your country.Maybe developers would sell some boxed copies more in local trade (if there is at least any?), but this discount would end in abusing the onlinemarket, through "moneyed" customers from elsewhere. As a trend they always have an eye on the cheapest way to get goods, software, whatever and the world wide web helps finding the bargain.In some cases this behaviour is essential to "survive" in person, in other cases it is selfish, cause it prevents from what you are reasonable expecting. Nearly unsolvable, cause charity begins at home.

after investigating your signature, maybe you should donate some money to me. :biggrin:As far as i can follow, you argue for a generally moderate pricing of software, at least in your country.Maybe developers would sell some boxed copies more in local trade (if there is at least any?), but this discount would end in abusing the onlinemarket, through "moneyed" customers from elsewhere. As a trend they always have an eye on the cheapest way to get goods, software, whatever and the world wide web helps finding the bargain.In some cases this behaviour is essential to "survive" in person, in other cases it is selfish, cause it prevents from what you are reasonable expecting. Nearly unsolvable, cause charity begins at home.
You are right. And I think (In my own sincere opinion) that it's expensive for an add-ons (the best add-on). I know many will not agree with me but that's OK. I know that if this is not discussed one day or another the developers will always give us their prices always more expensive and we will always agree saying that they spent countless hours making the products. Even when I'm making free sceneries for FSX I spent at least 20 hours siting in front of my computer... You get my point I hope

If you can't justify the 80 USD, try getting a boxed version from Aerosoft. Don't know if they ship to your country and at what cost, but at least have a look.