Sign in to follow this  
Devinci

PMDG MD-11

If you can't justify the 80 USD, try getting a boxed version from Aerosoft. Don't know if they ship to your country and at what cost, but at least have a look.
I live in the U.S. by the way. Maybe I was just upset by the unexpected price. I thought it would cost like the J41. I'll certainly end-up buying the MD-11 version too but for now I am just disappointed with the pricing.

Look at it this way, it's cheaper than every single part from your signature PC.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

I live in the U.S. by the way. Maybe I was just upset by the unexpected price. I thought it would cost like the J41. I'll certainly end-up buying the MD-11 version too but for now I am just disappointed with the pricing.
Fair enough. The Jetstream however is supposed to be a "light" product, thus the lower price point. IIRC the 744 was also around 80 USD when it released. Did you check out Aerosoft? They offer the MD11 for 70 USD. But if you can, buy at the PMDG store to support them.

I think you just can't compare with software at 50USD, mainly for 2 reasons:1- Other softs like games are sold - for hits - more than hundred thousands copies, so it's more to other editors to lower their prices, as they had their payback for ages but they just sell it to the price that the market is ready to pay for. After the dead-even point, it's pure income.2- As a parallel of the 1. point, PMDG does not sell so many copies as big games editors do. They got to assure there payback + incomes on a very smaller quantity: one of the parameters that gives the price.Asking for a price decrease from PMDG is like to go to a Porsche shop and tell them to sell you a 911 for 15.000USD. That would be financially understandable as there's no more development cost to be reimbursed of. In both cases, they could and they know they would sell more, BUT in both cases, selling a high class product at low cost is a non-sense: it kills the product positionning and life cycle.PMDG is not a non profitable organisation, so they use profitable logic, even if I'm sure PMDG net incomes are surely not a gold river.Edit: as Some1 said, PMDG add-ons are often cheaper than one of our PC components ... If a market is ready for a price, even if high, than sell it to this price ...

To the OP, S. Toure. I too was a little uncertain about the MD-11 when I bought it. I came, looking for the original announcement of the NGX several years ago, and like the 744 and then started poking around these forums and saw everyone raving about the MD11. I thought to myself: why would I want this rarely used and out of production aircraft that almost no one flies any longer except KLM and cargo guys? And, at $80, I thought I had really better like it. (It wasn't so much that I didn't have $80, but that was $80 I could have spent on something else.) In short: I love it. The plane is a beast. It gets better FPS than my other PMDG add-ons, it flies solidly and stable. The CDU/FMS system is different and takes some getting used to, but that's part of the fun, no? My only regret with it is that there isn't a FS2Crew Voice version for it, otherwise I might never fly the queen again. Trust me: Buy this plane. IMHO its the better of their two heavies for FSX.

Is it expensive? It sure is. But it is 100% worth it!!! I know that NGX will be probably around $80-$100, but I know that I won't waste my money.

Is it expensive? It sure is. But it is 100% worth it!!! I know that NGX will be probably around $80-$100, but I know that I won't waste my money.
I would bet from $100 on, but I'm sure I would not regret spending this money at all.

Matheus Mafra

Look at it this way, it's cheaper than every single part from your signature PC.
That's right. This could be an expensive hobby, when you add them all up. But, the PMDG MD-11 is well worth the $80, the best airliner simulation for FSX so far.Also, let's keep in mind, a FS addon is not a high volume seller like your whatever PS3 game, so that justifies the price by itself in my opinion..

Stefan Ticusan

I think it's fair to ask " Why is it expensive?". I was gonna say the same when I bought the 747-8. I don't understand why they would ask us 20$ more for that. Really I know you all support them as I do but I should also say my opinion about what I'm buying and how much I'm willing to buy it. Maybe in real life they do the same with the real aircraft.

Hi All, I honestly think this topic is right up PMDGs street. The bottom line is that the 737ngx has probably cost them an arm and a leg in the time scale of production, and we all know how long that has been. Therefore they will be deliberating how they will be able to recoup the cost. Despite what they have said in the past, the ongoing Market Recession will have played havoc with their thinking and they will be juggling with prices. So all the talk within this topic about the cost of the MD11 etc., will throw some light on what the cost of the NGX might be bearing in mind what members have posted in relation to what they were prepared to pay for the MD11. Mark this reply well. richard welsh

Guest dlrk

It's well worth it, the issue about 'both versions' is just silly.

It's well worth it, the issue about 'both versions' is just silly.
How is it silly? It can worth for you but not for someone else.

So, since when is Dakar in the US?

So, since when is Dakar in the US?
Well since you asked that. I'm from Dakar I live in the U.S.

Well since you asked that. I'm from Dakar I live in the U.S.
Hey, a friend of mine is Senegalese. Born in Dakar, too. It's a beautiful country.Well, did you buy the MD11 yet?