Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Quality Wings 757

Hi, I wondered if anyone else here has the quality wings 757? I'm writing this as a customer, not a commercial developer this time. This is a very nicely done aircraft, but it has one issue that I see is commented upon by others on their forums: It has a somewhat fogged up windshield, presumably as a result of a reflection alpha channel that is set too opaque, or something else hard coded into the VC mdl which is causing the view outside to be too fuzzy.Unfortunately, I cannot get into the QW support forum to post, because they require a "licensed user" login, which I've applied for but it seems there is a delay in getting "approval". I do wish that developers wouldn't place these barriers to legitimate support queries, and if they do, the speed with which they "approve" forum posting abilities equals the speed with which they are happy to sell you their product!Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Rob,If I recall it correctly I believe there is fix for this issue provided by the development team (I do own the QW B757).Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Rob,I confirm that a solution for the problem you raised is given at the QW forum (provided by a user, not by the developmnent team as I tought).The user says:"Turns out I found a way to eliminate the cloudiness AND the window tint, leaving a clear windscreen. I took the basic bitmap and added a black alpha channel over the windows"

Edmundo Azevedo

Rob,I confirm that a solution for the problem you raised is given at the QW forum (provided by a user, not by the developmnent team as I tought).The user says:"Turns out I found a way to eliminate the cloudiness AND the window tint, leaving a clear windscreen. I took the basic bitmap and added a black alpha channel over the windows"
That's good news. However I cannot access the part of the forum where I could obtain a link to this fix. There is a sticky notice on the QW forum stating they are sorry that "approvals" for licensed users to access are delayed. I find it rather disconcerting that this should be so. If their systems can efficiently process my sale in about 30 seconds, then it comes over as odd that they cannot also process my access their forums with a similar speed. I have an email confirming I have joined the forum, but no email confirming I can post there or access their licensed support forum.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Here ya go Rob:http://www.mediafire.com/?ur37rpfz7v5ynf8BTW, if you see your name in the QW forums in dark blue, you are good to go for posting. The authorization is done by one person manually so sometimes it takes a day or so. I'm not fond of that either, but unfortunatly they aint the only ones who do it.

Jay

Here ya go Rob:http://www.mediafire.com/?ur37rpfz7v5ynf8BTW, if you see your name in the QW forums in dark blue, you are good to go for posting. The authorization is done by one person manually so sometimes it takes a day or so. I'm not fond of that either, but unfortunatly they aint the only ones who do it.
Hi Pic,Thanks very much for the download link. They've "let me in now".....but goodness, they now take every post through "moderation" before publishing it. What a palava! Thanks for your kind help.Rob

Hi Pic,Thanks very much for the download link. They've "let me in now".....but goodness, they now take every post through "moderation" before publishing it. What a palava! Thanks for your kind help.Rob
I have the aircraft and REALLY like it. I also have the Captain Sim and Posky 757, but it's now ALWAYS my 757 of choice.There are now very few posts on the QW forums, which is a real shame. There's nothing quite like the sharing of information among users.

Guest bstolle
There are now very few posts on the QW forums, which is a real shame. There's nothing quite like the sharing of information among users.
I was also interested VERY much in the QW 757 and I tried to post a question over there. It took more than a day to get it 'approved' and I received an extra e-mail that the post had been approved.IMHO that's censorship and there's no way a customer can post any problems QW doesn't want to appear in their forums.Bought the CLS MD80 instead of that and I'm very happy with it....just working on a new set of flight dynamics

I was also interested VERY much in the QW 757 and I tried to post a question over there. It took more than a day to get it 'approved' and I received an extra e-mail that the post had been approved.IMHO that's censorship and there's no way a customer can post any problems QW doesn't want to appear in their forums.Bought the CLS MD80 instead of that and I'm very happy with it....just working on a new set of flight dynamics
I never really thought of it like this (valid concern on your end), but it's definitely not intended to be censorship.A couple of months back, we had a rash of spam, so I setup the forum to require newer users to have their posts approved prior to display.But definitely not intended to censor your questions.

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

Guest bstolle
I never really thought of it like this (valid concern on your end), but it's definitely not intended to be censorship.A couple of months back, we had a rash of spam, so I setup the forum to require newer users to have their posts approved prior to display.But definitely not intended to censor your questions.
That sounds more customer oriented if this affects only 'newer' users :)How many posts does it take to be able to post immediately and without the need of prior approval?

That sounds more customer oriented if this affects only 'newer' users :)How many posts does it take to be able to post immediately and without the need of prior approval?
New forum users are under this restriction. Posts arent screened for content necessarily...even though Support requests which are OFTEN put in the incorrect forum maybe redirected.Once a user becomes registerd, the restriction is lifted.

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

Guest bstolle
New forum users are under this restriction. Posts arent screened for content necessarily...even though Support requests which are OFTEN put in the incorrect forum maybe redirected.Once a user becomes registerd, the restriction is lifted.
thanx for the reply :)

There are now very few posts on the QW forums, which is a real shame. There's nothing quite like the sharing of information among users.
Thats because there are very few problems! :(

Jay