Sign in to follow this  
mas618

Networking FS2Crew

Hi.Not a customer yet, but thinking about becoming one.Can you run FS2Crew on a laptop PC netwoked with the FS PC?I'm not a huge fan of having pop-ups ind the middle of my VC in FS, and from the looks of the commercial video featuring FS2Crew for Ifly, it seems that is the case...?RegardsMas

Hi.Not a customer yet, but thinking about becoming one.Can you run FS2Crew on a laptop PC netwoked with the FS PC?I'm not a huge fan of having pop-ups ind the middle of my VC in FS, and from the looks of the commercial video featuring FS2Crew for Ifly, it seems that is the case...?RegardsMas
Hi Mas,The FS2Crew in game code uses 'gauge files'. It's not like a separate EXE that you have to start separately.FS2Crew is literally built right into the host aircraft (since our gauges are on the host aircraft's panel.cfg).So there are 'Panel Windows' like you're used to, but you can drag those windows to your other monitor.Note, however, that if using a "Voice Control" version, your microphone must be connected to your main flightsim computer (unless you split the mic input).Cheers,

Hi Mas,The FS2Crew in game code uses 'gauge files'. It's not like a separate EXE that you have to start separately.FS2Crew is literally built right into the host aircraft (since our gauges are on the host aircraft's panel.cfg).So there are 'Panel Windows' like you're used to, but you can drag those windows to your other monitor.Note, however, that if using a "Voice Control" version, your microphone must be connected to your main flightsim computer (unless you split the mic input).Cheers,
Thanks a lot Bryan.I'll defenately consider buying ;)Mas

Sorry to drag up an old post! I will be purchasing the 777 version on release.

My setup has most things running external to FSX on a networked PC including Vatsim for communications. 

Since my mic is connected to the second PC - how would I split it to connect to the main FSX PC?  Would I just simply purchase a splitter cable?

Kind regards

Rob Prest

HI

I have run into a problem with my main (host) PC, in that the dreaded windows speech recongition program wont launch due to some sort of fault (I have spent hours trying to fix it, save a complete reinstall of windows 7!)

I use a client computer to run programs, saw this thread and it seems will work for me (speech recong works on the cleint pc) - how exactly do I set this up?

Guessing, is it that I install FS2Crew on the client and run that on there, but why the splitter? DO I understand correctly that from the mic, I go into the splitter, then one lead goes to mic in of the client and the other goes to the mic in of the host computer?

Im veru confused and would appreciate any help with this

Many thanks

EDIT: I guess teh main question is does FS2Crew have to run on the exact same computer running windows7 speech recognition and if so, does all that then have to be on the host FSX computer?

EDIT: I guess teh main question is does FS2Crew have to run on the exact same computer running windows7 speech recognition and if so, does all that then have to be on the host FSX computer?

Hi,

FS2Crew needs to be on the host FSX computer.

The FS2Crew gauges are on the aircraft's panel.cfg.

Thank you

Got this working and runs great on FSX Host computer, but will post below the "fix" just in case someone in the future comes across the same issues.

NOTE: FS2crew was in no way to fault, it was my set up.

uiautomationcore.dll issues - having never found a solution to the dreaded CTD caused by accessing teh FSX menu during flight ( ihave tried all known fixes!) I got really cheesed off and just renamed the uiautomationcore.dll in both the system32 and systemwow64 windows folders. Great, my FSX no longer crashed no matter how many times menu was accessed.

However, windows speech requires uiautomationcore.dll in order to function and off course, FS2crew needs windows speech to work. Having renamed the uiautomationcore.dll files, I can now use FS2Crew but am limited to how many times I can use the FSX menu during flight....... a small price to pay though for such a great FSX add on program.