Sign in to follow this  
Avantime

Microsoft's Vision for PC gaming

Perhaps this is a bit off-topic here but the link below gives an interesting insight into what MS is thinking with their upcoming games.http://kotaku.com/#!5783873/microsofts-future-of-pc-gaming-is-terrifying

Perhaps this is a bit off-topic here but the link below gives an interesting insight into what MS is thinking with their upcoming games.http://kotaku.com/#!5783873/microsofts-future-of-pc-gaming-is-terrifying
OMG :( Flight is in safe hands for sure! :(

Matthew S

What the hell is that? Terrible ideas, microsoft. Do they wanna force us to play farmville all the day? What a horrible future! Cry.gif

Hummmm! is the cat out of the bag now about online Flight??They want to reach a wider audience with Flight right? The moms and pops......:( Is that the difference between offline and online Flight,...... will you accept this airport $.......will you accept this scenery$....will you accept this paint job on your plane$$?The barn and trees looked right to me size wise.........:( sorry I had to.......:( What was I saying again...MS is in for the money......do you have your CC ready...http://www.zdnet.com...xperience/46176

Ugh... I really hate the childish aspect of Xbox Live AKA Games for windows LIVE... those stupid avatars are so stupid. Unless they are trying to tap the predominantly non gamer pre-teen girls (facebook users) demographic then they should just get rid of that crap.If they want to create something substantial from Windows LIVE then it should be unique, offering something completely different from the already saturated market. Not another steam-facebook-myspace clone that has been failing for them for years now.

Here we go again... :(

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Can anyone say old outdated news, that may or may not be true?

Here we go again... :(
:( I was thinking the same thing, haha. Let the debating and arguing begin..

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest jahman

I for one would not take that video litterally: Consider it a presentation to the company beancounters why they should allocate R&D beans to the Games Division.That said, many ideas are valuable and transferable to FSXI: For example, woudn't you like to charge for flight lessons to newbies? Or when you assist someone with tuning and/or OC'ing their PC?What if the commercial mechanics of Farmville were adapted to Flight: Your Virtual Airline could actually be making money transporting people and cargo, while you, the pilot, make make a salary. There are lots of possibilities here, and some of them will mean you will be able to monetize your simming enthusiasm and take real money out of an ATM at the end of the month, just like the folks at Second Life do. Suppose you hang-out at a muddy airport in the middle of the jungle during monsoon season in your Indiana Jones avatar, when this lady shows up at the canteen asking for a ride out of there PDQ because (enter reason here). Is your old DC-3 up to it? You know about that flickering oil pressure light on the left engine that you didn't have checked because you boozed the cash at the bar. Do you wait for the weather to clear or do you (continue the story yourself here.)So forget the bubble-gum grahics of the video and think of it for a minute: What if you could be talking a whole new level of immersion and with improved simming mechanics/graphics? Wouldn't that be fun? Get a life, get a Second Life!I mean, doesn't it bother you that the in-sim experience is so empty, so devoid of people, so lonely? Don't you think that turns many people off? What if significant improvements were made in shared cockpits, formation flying (WWII bombing runs, with full crew in the B-17 and bogeys all over you), the bar at the airport, the hangar and maintenance? Man, there's a whole world out there!Cheers,- jahman.

Well, at least drinking the virtual beer at the FBO's lounge wouldn't leave me with a hangover the next morning! :( Of course, IMHO most beer (virtual or otherwise) would best be poured back into the horse and would leave the galaxy at large a far better place, but I digress... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Can anyone say old outdated news, that may or may not be true?
Old news, Jim with all due respect, that vid. was made in 2010 and if I remember 2010 was what....three months ago and the article I posted was 5 days old.... http://www.zdnet.com...xperience/46176 Is Flight old news and not important since MS gave us the news in August last year......Jahman is making some very good point here, in one of my line of work (sometimes ago) we add to be aware of our surounding and put pieces of a puzzle together at a specific scene with what we were seeing and also with what we were not seeing, you have to have an open mind to look at everything to be able to make some deductions about something specific, after putting all the pieces together the outcome what not always what we wanted it to be but we had to go along with the big picture, narrow minded peoples could not put two and two together, I know it's only speculation and I'm blowing hot air here but to me the market for Flight $ wise is not with old fart hardcore simmers like some of us are but with the new generation (including moms and pops) with online gaming.Sure we will be able to use Flight with addons scenery and other stuff like we do today but to get the best immersion effect with the best Flight can offer...well CC ready and get online, like I asked before how hard is it to hack addons from any devs.when something like that is up and running? Look at all the little details of what's there and what's not (news, pics, and webisode) and after that look at the whole picture after you've put all the pieces together and put yourself in MS and the devs. shoes and ask yourself....what does make senses and what does not $ wise...the old system or a new one?

Here, and I quote right from the article:"Now, before you get too worked up, this is a year old. And it's an internal video, made as part of Microsoft's ongoing research into the PC gaming market. It's not an official statement of intent, nor is it a sign that this is something the company is definitely working on with an intent to release: remember, giant corporations like Microsoft are working on loads of different things at any one time."OldOutdatedOut of here

Here, and I quote right from the article:"Now, before you get too worked up, this is a year old. And it's an internal video, made as part of Microsoft's ongoing research into the PC gaming market. It's not an official statement of intent, nor is it a sign that this is something the company is definitely working on with an intent to release: remember, giant corporations like Microsoft are working on loads of different things at any one time."OldOutdatedOut of here
Fine with me Jim, I sure did not make that vid. MS did internal or not and for what reason?..., do you think Aces was put back together the day they announced Flight....trust me MS never stoped talking about FSX or Flight with who ever they had to since the day they closed Aces....the proof of that...Aces and Flight,.... this was not an overnight decision from MS.Like you said MS is working on loads of different things at any time but if you want to stay focus on one and only one thing (your version of the facts) well...be my guess as of me I'm looking at all and every pieces of the puzzle, there is some pieces of the puzzle I don't like but hey!! I'm not throwing them away just because I don't think they will fit to what I think Flight should be.There is still peoples thinking that the landing on the moon was a hoax even after seeing the photos and vids. taken from the astronaut, they just don't want to look at something else but at how they beleive it should be.

You guys get worked up about the silliest, stupidest things. It was an internal video. It's over a year old, and made probably about 6 months before Flight was announced. I say we all stop posting here/worrying and let this thread die off. What they have shown has nothing to do with flight simulation. (visually looks nothing like Flight) Who ever started this thread made a bad decision, as it is just adding to all the rumors/worry.

Brandon Filer

You guys get worked up about the silliest, stupidest things.
I agree!! Here we are speculating and posting pictures about a piece of software that you can't even buy! When Microsoft Flight can be purchased, then we can make knowledgeable posts about it (although there are some posts for FSX and FS9 that are not so well informed even now).Regards, Mike Mann

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.