Sign in to follow this  
Holgi

NGX - 2D Panel

In addition to all mention, I would say that the 2D panels now a'days makes almost no hit on the performance at all, the 3D/VC do...Ex. MD11, while I get 40-50fps in 2D @ KSFO X - it get's down to average 25-28 in 3D, and yes I know thats flyable, but in the heavy areas with clouds and other snacks it seems the 2D do no impact at all vs VC.

For me the 2D cockpit is better in some cases. For example, when i am using the MCP in the 3D cockpit i can't set it very well if the airplane is moving. It's like playing shooting. But otherwise the 3D cockpit it's very nice to land, and if the aircraft is still either in ground or in cruise. With the function "look with the mouse" you can set all the airplane and it's easier than fs2004 sight. 3D and 2D cockpits have their advantages and disadvantages.PMDG is developing an awesome airplane. Congratulations.Thanks.

I use both too.VC is very nice for ground actions like taxing and of course for take off and landing as it gives a more realistic perspective than the 2D. I use the 2D Panel panel for preparing the aircraft on ground and most of the time infligt as it gives you a very good overview of all important systems.Would be nice, if we could see a first 2D pic with the next update :)Cheers!

Hello PMDG!Thank you very much, just have seen the first pic of the 2D Panel and I must say I´m absolutely enthused! This is absolutely a copy of what has been in my imagination. Great work!Cheers,Holger

I've been sitting for quite a while enjoying the provided screenshot of the new NGX 2D cockpit. It really looks amazing and I like it! :)Now, there was a little thing I noticed when comparing NGX 2D cockpit with MD11 and 747 2D cockpits: Shouldn't the "bar" (see screenshot) be more tilted to the right, in order to get some "depth"? Or perhaps it's suppose to look like that?I was just wondering, because it was just something I noticed...Picture of the MD11 is provided from PMDG's own website and the NGX picture is from the forum, posted by Tabs. I just painted on them in order to better show what I mean.Thanks, really excited for the NGX!EDITED

Rob the perspective in the 737 2D cockpit is from farther to the center of the cockpit. That's why it's more straight up and down. Also if that's the best nit pick you have then that means PMDG did a heck of a job.Hiram Hunt

I think it of it very simple: VC is for flying, 2D is for clicking/managing.
Not for me : I use TIR5 + EZCA... Amazing combo. rolleyes.gif

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

The perspective is for 2D panel is perfect and the bar is also on its right place (check real NG pics). For a more realistic view you need to fly from the 3D panel.

One question ...Is the 2D Panel shot of the main panel a wide screen or normal screen (4:3)?Thanks!

Not for me : I use TIR5 + EZCA... Amazing combo. rolleyes.gif
I looked at the EZdock Camera product page. All it is is a way to save camera positions in the cockpit?Can't you already do that with the config files in FSX?

What do you expect from a totally destorted 2D panel? The view can never be right as it's trying to cram far more in than a normal perspective view.If you want a true view do not use 2D. The 2D shot looks like the pilot is 4ft tall and sitting on the enter colum.SS from PMDG video shows a perfect view from the Captains seat. (within the confines of a monitor). Looking just over the Dash as in real life. The only 2D I will use is the FMS.931Untitled.jpgInvest in a TrackIR and EZdock, not only will it transform this 737 but every single aircraft you have. Not having them is like flying with the key board and mouse compared with a HOTAS/Yoke/ joystick. Would you really fly with the key board/mouse? Well each to there own at the end of the day.smile.gif

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I've been sitting for quite a while enjoying the provided screenshot of the new NGX 2D cockpit. It really looks amazing and I like it! :)Now, there was a little thing I noticed when comparing NGX 2D cockpit with MD11 and 747 2D cockpits: Shouldn't the "bar" (see screenshot) be more tilted to the right, in order to get some "depth"? Or perhaps it's suppose to look like that?I was just wondering, because it was just something I noticed...Picture of the MD11 is provided from PMDG's own website and the NGX picture is from the forum, posted by Tabs. I just painted on them in order to better show what I mean.Thanks, really excited for the NGX!EDITED
Here's the deal - 2D panels necessarily distort the scale and perspective of the cockpit. This time around we decided to do everything from a straight "head on" perspective instead of trying to simulate any kind of angle that's unrealistic to begin with - it makes the panel easier to read and things don't end up looking stretched and weird. This will not be changing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Invest in a TrackIR and EZdock, not only will it transform this 737 but every single aircraft you have.
I already have TrackIR5.What exactly does EZdok camera do, and why should I shell out 35 bucks to get it?

I already have TrackIR5.What exactly does EZdok camera do, and why should I shell out 35 bucks to get it?
Check out this guys channel. He is the developer of this product, and has videos upon videos upon videos of this program's different effects. It is completely customizable so they can be as big or subtle as you want. I posted a few of the notable videos, but like I said, check out his channel for more.

http://www.youtube.c...nel_video_title

http://www.youtube.c...n_order&list=UL

Here's the deal - 2D panels necessarily distort the scale and perspective of the cockpit. This time around we decided to do everything from a straight "head on" perspective instead of trying to simulate any kind of angle that's unrealistic to begin with - it makes the panel easier to read and things don't end up looking stretched and weird. This will not be changing.
Ah, thanks for answering.Everything looks great and I'm really excited for the NGX. Fantastic job on what will truly be a milestone in flight simming. Hope everything goes well with final wrap-up and beta testing!Cheers,