Hi, I'm looking at upgrading my computer so it handles FSX with add-ons such as REX, addon aircraft, AI and addon airports as well as having a most of the sliders to the right without sacrificing the frames.I'm also upgrading so i can get the most out of the latest games on the market so i've done my research with that in mind as well.My system is currently:AMD Phenom 9650 Quad Core 2.30GHz4GB RAM (3.12GB usable)500GB Hard DriveNVIDIA GeForce GT 240FOXCONN A6VMX Mother BoardI'm looking at getting:AMD Phenom II X4 3.5 GHz ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GBI'm not sure on what kind of impact that will have on the frames and if its even possible with the current mother board, that's really why i'm posting here before i do anything!Advice would be greatly appreciated, ThanksAlexEDITI've not got too much money to play with so want to get the most out of what i can with the budget im on

Here's the compatibility list for your mobo:http://www.foxconnsupport.com/cpusupportlist.aspx?type=mb&socket=Socket%20AM2+/AM2&model=A6VMX&cputype=AMDYour options:2.5GHz Phenom II x4 8052.6GHz Phenom II x4 8102.6GHz Phenom II x4 910All three are basically the same CPU, so pick the cheapest you can findA comparison with your current Phenom 9650: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/85?vs=23 it's a 20-25% fasterAs for the GPU, what's your power supply?

Hi, Thanks for the reply,I'm willing to get a new motherboard as well as a new power supply. I'm not sure exactly what MB i will require for the AMD 970 and i think i will have to upgrade the power supply to 600W, all depending on what i have now. I'll have a look at what i currently have closer to when i'm getting all this done.With that in mind, what do you think the effect will be on frames with the AMD 970, and the GTX 460 installed?Thanks Alex

What's your budget? depending on what mobo you pick, you'll need new RAM too

What's your PSU exactly please?

I'm honistly not sure, I havent opened the case to take a look, leaving all the installation to someone else.. I don't trust myself with all that!

ok, heheif you can take a look at the PSU sticker, please tell us what the amperage in the 12V rail(s) is. It should look like this:c1f5add08fc3e18.jpgWhat I need to know is the brand and model, and most important, the amperage in the +12V rail. In the pic it's 16A, although you might find yours has two or more rails, then post the amperage of all of them (+12V1, +12V2, etc...)this would be the card: http://www.overclock...X-128-GW&tool=3and one of these bundles:check this out: http://www.overclock...id=43&catid=339if you don't need a new PSU, you can pick a better bundle

Looking at the back theres no sticker there however there is a side sticker, its an Advent - PQD5002, Rating 230V ac, 4A 50-60htz. not sure if thats what your after.Thanks for that site, will come in handy.

Lol, Ok, thanks for the help, I'm getting somewhere now! I'm looking at this one for now, obviously will have to get the power supply as well as the graphics card ontop.I would imagine i would be well onto the road for smooth frames in FS and most modern games with that setup?!Thanks,Alex

That's a good option. Even though it's a dual core CPU, it will outperform any AMD system and the price is greatNevertheless, if you can stretch for this:OPTION 1:I5 2500........................£170Asus P8H67-M.............£75RAM 4GB 1333 CL8....£35Total: 280 quidOPTION 2:or even better if you consider overclocking down the road:I5 2500K......................£174Asus P8P67-M...........£110RAM 4GB 1600 CL8....£40Total: £324That's almost the fastest FSX system money can buy. Option 2 won't perform any better than option 1, but if you overclock that 2500K someday (option 1 will not allow any overclocking whatsoever), you can get an extra 30-35% performance for free (well, almost: with an el cheapo cooler like this one) Make sure the RAM is compatible (the option 1 RAM is for sure) before you buy anything. OcUK's customer service is second to none. Simply ask them and you'll be fine

Ok, Thanks for the help, Its greatly appreciated.Hopefully i'll be emptying my pockets some time soon then! I'll get a chat going with the guys at OCuk. Thanks again for the helpAlex