Hi,Just a quick update on this one.I've decided to go for the Intel Core i5-2500K, however i've been told somewhere down the line that micro-ATX mother boards don't overclock well. Is this true? if so i'd be looking at going the full way with a PC new build so i can run a full size mother board as i really want that extra umph to run FSX and other games.Also, power supplies.. i've looked at quite a few and noticed that you can get a 600W PSU for around £20.. if i am going to go with the new build i'd want to save as much ££ on other components while going the full way with CPU, GPU and Mother Board.I've got this one in my sights at the moment.. will that be up to the job? it has 24A in the first 12v Rail... Thanks,Alex

That PSU is crap. Rated 600W yes, but with 24A in the 12V rail it won't deliver more than 300W and probably that's a peak value, not sustained. Don't skimp on the PSU. That doesn't mean you need to spend 100+ pounds on an overkill one.The Antec one is cheaper thereuATX boards can overclock just as ATX ones, the problem is that some uATX boards have no VRM (voltage regulation module) and those are not suitable for OC

Ok. thanks for all the help and guidance.I've come to a pritty much final decision on the following and would like to know if this would run as a stable system.Intel core i5-2500k CPUAsus P8P67 full ATX MB(baring in mind i'm now going for a new build)EVGA GTX460 1GB SCAntec High Current Gamer 520W PSUI'm most concerned that that PSU will be up to the job for that lot plus hard drive, CPU fans etc.Thanks,Alex.

Fans and HDD's draw very little power. That PSU has 40A in the 12V rail. That's some 480W of real, sustained power in the main rail. You can overclock your 2500K and still have headroom to upgrade your graphics card to an overclocked GTX570 or probably even a GTX580 if so you wanted. If you feel uneasy with "only" 520W in your PSU sticker, you can get something like a TX650What case are you going to get for your new build?

Nice. You're getting an awesome system in the end :biggrin:You'll need a 120mm fan or two for that case.What RAM? and are you getting a CPU cooler to overclock the 2500K?

Edited by dazz

looks great. you'll love it! good luck with your build

Ace stuff,Cheers for all the help Dazz, much appreciated.Time to get buying!ThanksAlex