Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

EGT gauge

Just like other Carenado aircraft before it, you can increase thesensitivity of the EGT gauges by changing the values in the gauge code:<Value>(A:Eng1 exhaust gas temperature,Farenheit)</Value> <Failures> <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action="Zero"/> <GAUGE_FUEL_INDICATOR Action="Freeze"/> </Failures> <Nonlinearity> <Item Value="1400" X="247" Y="50"/> <Item Value="1150" X="272" Y="74"/> <Item Value="1025" X="292" Y="137"/> <Item Value="900" X="282" Y="210"/> <Item Value="0" X="229" Y="255"/> </Nonlinearity>

Just like other Carenado aircraft before it, you can increase thesensitivity of the EGT gauges by changing the values in the gauge code
I'm sure it will work in Celsius as well, as long as you convert the degrees :(

Bert

I'm sure it will work in Celsius as well, as long as you convert the degrees :(
OK, here is the Celsius version:
<Value>(A:Eng1 exhaust gas temperature,Celsius)</Value>         <Failures>            <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action="Zero"/>            <GAUGE_FUEL_INDICATOR Action="Freeze"/>         </Failures>         <Nonlinearity>			<Item Value="760" X="247" Y="50"/> 			<Item Value="620" X="272" Y="74"/>			<Item Value="550" X="292" Y="137"/>			<Item Value="480" X="282" Y="210"/>            	        <Item Value="0" X="229" Y="255"/>                 </Nonlinearity>

Bert

Could you direct us to where this gauge file is located, could not find in the B59 air cfg. folder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and after locating, we oly change the bold values ?? ..........thaks, B42L8

Could you direct us to where this gauge file is located, could not find in the B59 air cfg. folder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and after locating, we oly change the bold values ?? ..........thaks, B42L8
1. Create a subfolder to your gauges folder and call it BB582. Unzip the BB58.cab file (which is in the gauges folder) into the BB58 folder3. In the BB58 folder, you will find the CHT_EGT and _EGT2.xml files. Edit these files with Notepad.If you want to revert back to the original Carenado gauges, rename or delete the BB58 folder.

Bert

Maybe an ignorant question but both files (CHT_EGT and _EGT2.xml) has two sets of values e.g.CHT2_EGT.xml:

<Element>      <Position X="150" Y="145"/>      <Image Name="CHT_EGT_needle.bmp" PointsTo="East">         <Axis X="0" Y="9"/>      </Image>      <Rotate>         <Value>(A:ENG2 CYLINDER HEAD TEMPERATURE, CELSIUS)</Value>         <Failures>            <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action="Zero"/>            <GAUGE_FUEL_INDICATOR Action="Freeze"/>         </Failures>         <Nonlinearity>            <Item Value="0" X="72" Y="255"/>            <Item Value="50" X="43" Y="238"/>            <Item Value="150" X="9" Y="146"/>            <Item Value="250" X="47" Y="59"/>         </Nonlinearity>         <Delay DegreesPerSecond="30"/>      </Rotate>   </Element><Element>      <Position X="150" Y="145"/>      <Image Name="CHT_EGT_needle.bmp" PointsTo="East">         <Axis X="0" Y="9"/>      </Image>      <Rotate>         <Value>(A:Eng2 exhaust gas temperature,CELSIUS)</Value>         <Failures>            <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action="Zero"/>            <GAUGE_FUEL_INDICATOR Action="Freeze"/>         </Failures>         <Nonlinearity>			<Item Value="1050" X="247" Y="50"/> 			<Item Value="900" X="272" Y="74"/>			<Item Value="600" X="292" Y="137"/>			<Item Value="300" X="282" Y="210"/>            	<Item Value="0" X="229" Y="255"/>                 </Nonlinearity>         <Delay DegreesPerSecond="10"/>      </Rotate>   </Element>

In the post above you mention 'just' one set of alternative values. Do I miss something here?Thanks,Rob

RobdeVries.jpg

Maybe an ignorant question but both files (CHT_EGT and _EGT2.xml) has two sets of values In the post above you mention 'just' one set of alternative values. Do I miss something here?Thanks,Rob
Rob, I only change the EGT values since I use them to lean the engines.I hardly look at the CHT values.

Bert

The EGT gauge has been updated in the Service Release.No need to apply this fix.

Bert

Just like other Carenado aircraft before it, you can increase thesensitivity of the EGT gauges by changing the values in the gauge code:<Value>(A:Eng1 exhaust gas temperature,Farenheit)</Value> <Failures> <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action="Zero"/> <GAUGE_FUEL_INDICATOR Action="Freeze"/> </Failures> <Nonlinearity> <Item Value="1400" X="247" Y="50"/> <Item Value="1150" X="272" Y="74"/> <Item Value="1025" X="292" Y="137"/> <Item Value="900" X="282" Y="210"/> <Item Value="0" X="229" Y="255"/> </Nonlinearity>I'm sure it will work in Celsius as well, as long as you convert the degrees :(
Hi Bert,This is a commerical product. It's very frustrating to have to go in and do coding to make it functional... not to mention all the Beta testing paying customers do. :(

Do you have any idea on how to correct the CHT ? I'd like to have both EGT and CHT functional. 

Surely, if you go from idle to full power, the needles go up (with a delay), do they not?

Bert

No, they were not moving at all; no matter what. However, both CHT and EGT are now working perfectly with the likely problem being operator error. 

As always, thanks so much for all your help. 

I'm going to PM you on another topic.