Sign in to follow this  
Guest Davide

Carenado Saratoga Repaint Problem

Guest Davide

Hello all, I'm having some troubles with a repaint for this aircraft, I've done everything well in photoshop but I think it's some type of bug what you guys think ?Here are the files I edited:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CLJHPCNPhttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=WMJIC7PRhttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=JYXP0QX1Here is what I get:http://img339.images...capturaron.jpg/Please help me, I'm going nuts with this!

Please explain your problem.The pictures are not clear enough to show the problem.Please do not upload the dds files to mega-upload.Save the dds files as jpg ( high compression) and send them as an attachment to your post.Downloading from megaupload is timeconsuming and limited.regardsleen de jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Davide

the imageshack images have two circles and the problem is the tail of the bird in the 2nd photo, it shouldnt been cutted, and the same happens with the other one , but in this one it's the wing that is cuttedhere are the .dds converted to .jpg

Your problem is due to glitches in the model.The bird on the tail can be corrected simply, by changing the texture on the tail (see example)The bird on the fuselage is most likely only correctable by sliding the bird a bit towards the nose of the airplane.RegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Davide

Quote removed.There is no need to use a quote when answereing directly to the post above.thanks I did that and it worked, what kind of error is this, carenado's error ? Are they going to launch some sort of patch to correct it ?

Yes its really a glitch in their model.I think its not likely for them to make a correction.Doing such thing would implicate many repaints already made and published will be "invalid".The best way for developers to avoid this kind of misery would be consulting some wel known painters to test the "paintability" of their products BEFORE publishing.The reality is they publish their planes as soon as the are flyable.They seem not to be interested in repaints in a acceptable quality.This is not an exclusive MSFS-models phenomena ,for many X-Plane models goes the same.I am a very experienced X-Plane painter myself and I can tell you for sure.Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Another fine example of Carenado's mapping...However, go to their site and check the downloads page. Carenado have fixed a few of their models with corrected maps. Another way is if you know how to create your own wireframes from the Carenado model. Or paint a grid/net pattern on the plain white model and create a new version of the white paintkit model with only the grid.

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel