Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

What's New PMDG

Thats great news!!! I put in a request for a preview of the 2D panel:) when everything else looks so perfect, my guess is that the 2D panel will blow my mind!!:) Great to hear that work is progressing! /Niklas Eriksson

Niklas Eriksson

Thank you Sir Randazzo for the information! :)

Alex-The silence on our end is actually a good thing. We are all head down on the final wrap-up... Right now Dr. Vaos and I are working about 15-18hrs per day seven days per week, Alex is at about 10-12.. The rest of the team has moved on to the next project and the NGX is rapidly nearing release. But more on that later.Now as to these "rumors" you cite: They are... Uhm... (how to put this so that Tom won't get mad at me...): Bovine Scatology...I guess what you are trying to be coy in asking is actually two questions: 1) Is the NGX late because of some internal disfunction?: Yes... Actually- it is, but this is three year old news and that problem was excised back in 2008, almost precisely three years ago this week. We've been hearing this same "BS" (see: Bovine Scatology, above. :( ) rumor the past few days- and it has created quite a bit of sordid humor within the team that I can't share without Tom banning me for life. :( 2) Are there any issues that might delay/prevent release? No. From a technical standpoint the development is essentially finished and we are in detail/optimization/cleanup mode- and while all of us are eagerly looking forward to release, we refuse to push her out the door until she is perfect...I had the opportunity to demo the airplane for some friends at Boeing Test Flight a few weeks ago, and they were stunned by the detail and the quality...So- as always we remain focused on what we are good at...I'll have a longer post for with more details this week, but for now I have to finish testing the fluid model in Hydraulics before Dr. Vaos accuses me of making a project out of it. :(
Hey Robert,any news are good news, any sign of life is just GREAT! Your post almost made me cry out of happiness B). We all can't expect the NGX to roll out of the legendary PMDG hangars, but we should be thankful that PMDG even exists! You guys are just... BRILLIANT!I was and still am an Airbus guy, but it started out with the love of the Boeing 738, then more and more got interesed in the Airbus. Now you could give me that bird and i know all the systems after studying the whole cockpit, functions, procedures and everything else, lol!However the NGX pulled be back and banned me in the terminal waiting for the jet to arrive. I even started planning my first 737 project which is going to be a homemade 737 throttle quadrant, just because of the NGX! You guys are brilliant, and i love you for that! Just a merci reply from one out of an uncountable number of PMDG fans!Thanks, for existing, PMDG!Best regards,iK!

Shayan-Could be either... Could be both... Might even be neither. :( We will not be sharing any information on what happens next until after the NGX release. But all the news is good, no worries!
Could it mean Woodpigeon is next, :(

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

I had the opportunity to demo the airplane for some friends at Boeing Test Flight a few weeks ago, and they were stunned by the detail and the quality...So- as always we remain focused on what we are good at...I'll have a longer post for with more details this week, but for now I have to finish testing the fluid model in Hydraulics before Dr. Vaos accuses me of making a project out of it. :(
Well Robert, if you're planning on doing another preview of the NGX at the Boeing plant in CHS, give me a heads up. Been working off and on out at that airport for the past 2 months, would love to get a sneak peek. :( I won't tell a soul, I promise. Some pics of the Dream Lifter while I was there.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I don't know what's the point of having more previews? We or at I least I'm just waiting for the real thing. I already had enough views of the aircraft thanks for taking the time to upload the previews.To the manager of this forum. I see that you guys locked my PMDG MD-11 pricing topic. I apologize but in fact I didn't see those rules I'm still looking for them. And really I didn't think it would be that much of a deal.:( Rules are not necessarily sacred, principles are. (Franklin D. Roosevelt)

Thanks for the update, Robert. Very interested to hear how you've decided to package the release; such as the 600-700 together, or 800-900, or buy the whole series in a package, perhaps?

Shayan-Could be either... Could be both... Might even be neither. :( We will not be sharing any information on what happens next until after the NGX release. But all the news is good, no worries!
Sounds good still I hope that all the team will get some really well deserved rest after wrapping up this beautiful baby, before going head down onto the next project :) Kepp the good woork, I'm exciting about it coming, and can't wait to put into action what I've learned through the Manual's set :)Cheers ;)Aurelien

Thanks for the news-update!BTW:While you are talking about the next project. Would be fine if you also would make the 737CL in the future. Probably easier (faster) to make than a complete new aircraft.But for now I´m really looking forward to the 737NGX!

Thanks for the update Robert. Can't wait to get more info on the project.

Bovine Scatology!!! That had me pi*sing my pants laughing!! :(

RSR is being vague about the "Next" project on purpose. Maybe its the semi-announced secret project. (Which, I assume is the Woodpigeon or the Goodyear Blimp.)

woah,I just checked my post again, blew up a little more than i expected,thanks for everyone's input on this thread, and Robert thank you very much for your update,It does go a long way, you don't have to give us a screenshot or video or what ever, but for you to give us an update is really kind, it does go a long way.I am going home for the first time this year in april, so I look forward to spooling up FS :)Cheers guys!

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I'll have a longer post for with more details this week
I'm curious about what it will be. I hope some new virtual cockpit screenshots at day and this time also at night, 2D cockpit screenshots and exterior night shots. :( But we will see... :(