Sign in to follow this  
captainklm

747 elevator trim

Hello, On Saturday I left japan and at the airport there was a delta 747 and it's elevator was trimmed high up. On the pmdg 747 no matter how high or low I trim the elevator nothing moves outside. Did pmdg not animate that or did I see something else at the airport?Joe barton

In most if not all jet airliners the stabilizer is what is moved when trimming, not the elevator. Usually when the hydraulics are turned off the elevators will droop because of gravity. It is possible for wind from behind the plane to move the elevators up though. This could be what you saw.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

In most if not all jet airliners the stabilizer is what is moved when trimming, not the elevator. Usually when the hydraulics are turned off the elevators will droop because of gravity. It is possible for wind from behind the plane to move the elevators up though. This could be what you saw.
no, as in the whole thing was up, not just the one that goes up and down but the whole thing. How does the trim work on the elevators anyway. Does it work like the ones on the 777?

Pitch trim is achieved by moving the two Horizontal Stabilizers. So, yes, you probably did see what you saw. The PMDG 747-400 Horizontal Stabilizers do move I think. Have you got a tick in the box for "advanced animations" in the settings menu for FSX?

Pitch trim is achieved by moving the two Horizontal Stabilizers. So, yes, you probably did see what you saw. The PMDG 747-400 Horizontal Stabilizers do move I think. Have you got a tick in the box for "advanced animations" in the settings menu for FSX?
Yes Iv got a tick in my advanced animations. But it does not move. Never mind anyway, but if they do consider making a hige update this is one thing

I have the same problem in FS2004 with my 747-pax and 747-F as well. Stab trim really works - trim indicator on the throttle quadrant moves and the aircraft reacts properly, but horizontal stabilizer doesn't seem to move in the exterior model. Can someone answer me, is the stab movement animated in PMDG model?Emil Irapetov

Emil Irapetov