Sign in to follow this  
Richard99_Photography

Wilco Airbus Series volume 1 & 2 Evolution released

Will be interested to see what this delivers that was taking the time in delays. Holding off myself due to having Erics upgrade and not considering wx and hugs worth the price.

You mean someone will actually waste their money with this? Save your money. Better yet, I know of a country that would appreciate a donation right now.

I bought it and found nothing really upgraded... I went back to my original setup as things like the taxi switch had been broken and Active Camera no longer worked when trying to move around in the VC/Cabin. It looks like what's already available for free is what's now being sold with the exception of a HUD (that only works in the 2D panel) and a weather radar (that one can't activate via the VC requiring you to bring up the 2D panel center post option). I would say more but I have a relationship with Feelthere... Again I went back to my original modified setup never to look back again...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I would say more but I have a relationship with Feelthere...
I don't think you need worry about that - apparently feelThere were not involved in this upgrade and officially know nothing about it. They're not going to support it.Do you know if the flight dynamics and nav display are anything more than the Eric Marciano upgrade? That patch drew some nice curved lines on the nav display for a 'direct to' amendment, and addressed a couple of other issues, but didn't fix the lamentably poor holding pattern functionality. Also didn't fix the bizarre behaviour after a route or STAR amendment when airbourne eg moving the top-of-descent point several hundred/thousand miles away, and pushing the predicted arrival time into the distant future and fuel well into negative figures!! There are many more anomalies also in the nav department. Does the Wilco patch address any of this?

OK, I can probably answer my own question - from Eric Marciano's web-site:

• I am the developer of the Evolution version.
  • The main differences between my upgrade and the Evolution are the weather radar (provided by Reality XP) and the Head-Up Display for low-visibility approach.
  • The Evolution version doesn't bring any modification to the 3D model nor the flight dynamics.

So presumably all the bugs that plagued its navigation systems are still present. Not sure what the claim on the Wilco page referring to the target altitude is all about:* Target Altitude The target climb or descent altitude is shown on the route with a blue arrow and its position is updated in real time. These arrows are sometimes called “hockey sticks”.I take this to mean that when I change vertical speed then the target altitude marker shifts position on the ND - pretty much like the Level-D 767 blue line. I don't see this behaviour on my EM-patched Airbus Series 1 & 2 - can anyone confirm whether this actually happens with the Wilco upgrade?

Yes the target altitude is implemented in the Evolution upgrade.

Guest serhanjackson

Hello guys!I have purchased it with lots of expectations and put it to test today. I have flown EGKK-LOWI and EGCC - EHAM legs. Both flights were ok but I am disappointed. First of all ; I couldn't manage the weather radar working. Only on/off swtich is clickable. Seems like there is no radar tilt , gain adjustments. when it is first announced, weather reather was the important thing that always comes top of the trialers, even product pagebut there is no Weather radar!Secondly ; Rudder movement is way too sharp as you can almost swing 90 degrees in the air. It was ok before now it became a classic pc game...Autopilot still cannot cope with descent profile assigned by FMGC. First; steep dive then level out and then another steep dive, .... on and on...I couldn't notice any exterior enchanment and my perfectly working active camera (free movement in VC with mousewheel) no longer working...only noticable improvement was secvondary ILS/ADF under NAV section in FMGC... Still no working window wipers, RAT, fuel dump system or any other handy function...HUD is added but doesn't feel real. Actually it is not HUD, HUD image appears on the window and cannot be seen in VC...By the way, on my yesterday flights as mentioned above ; EGKK-LOWI leg, I turned into Localiser and instruments did not capture the ILS signal. Checked everything twice, everything was ok. (Correct freq.) and then EZYtrack crashed and textures gone! I landed manually and filed manual PIREP! on EGCC-EHAM leg, again same problem.. As approaching runway 18R, there was no ILS. I had to land visually without any instrument reading! I will give another go tonight and if still same problems, I will back to original Deluxe model which was ok.I think they should change their slogan. It should be "The best got Worst!!!" and I have been charged £18 for this s***(is there anyone else purchased this upgrade? I was thinking that did I do something wrong? I re-installed again but still no luck) I leave it to your discretion guys... My opinnion is that it is not worth it! Come on Wilco! is this it?

For the Active Camera issues, look in your panel.cfg and see if there's any entries that look like "Zorder=xx". If so just remove them or score them out "//".Seems like Evolution's another cop out for cash then. Although I knew that it was just Eric's upgrades with a couple of gimmicks, I'd kind of hoped that they may have snuck in some more secret improvements tot he final build. Guess not. Ah well, looks like fs9 will never see a really good Airbus. Hope FSLabs can come through on their FSX one!

From Eric Marciano's web-site:

The Evolution version doesn't bring any modification to the 3D model nor the flight dynamics
So you won't see wipers, RAT, etc, and the anti-gravity free-fall descent rates won't have changed :)Weather radar not working is a bit of a let-down though. Was it because you were flying in CAVOK conditions?I'm not sure what the problem with ILS frequenices is, but the Wilco page does say it's going to install the December 2010 AIRAC version. What AIRAC version were you using before? Might that be the reason for apparently missing frequencies (ie they've changed since your version)?
only noticable improvement was secvondary ILS
What's this? How does it work?

So they went from (just a few days ago)Availability : Download : May.31, 2011 CD-Rom : Apr.01, 2011To:Availability : Download : YesCD-Rom : May.30, 2011 :( On a more positive note, they have lowered the price considerably. It was €69 discounted to €59, currently €49.

You mean someone will actually waste their money with this? Save your money. Better yet, I know of a country that would appreciate a donation right now.
I know more than one country! But I also know myself and I want an Airbus package that goes beyond my Overland aircraft. If there is an alternative, feel free to let me know. If not, then I'm afraid I will "waste my money". At least it is my money to waste.:(

Mike...

But what about the sids and stars? Are they more curvy now? I won't buy it if the problem with non-rnav sids/stars is not solved... Hmmmph.gif

Guest serhanjackson

Yes SID's are curvy now but other than everything still same. You have secondary Navigational Radio... They both failed to capture ILS signal... on the manual saying that When you switch on weather radar, you will see test pattern for couple of seconds then weather radar display. In cloudy conditions, turbulance, thunderstorm... Still no luckI know pretty well what weather radar is but I'm not sure these people have any idea about weather radars?

Does the WX radar have any tilt and gain controls, or is it a dumbed down version like on the 737?