Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Re: NGX impending release: Are we there yet?

Also from a MD-11 beta tester above, he says the NGX is not in beta, and we where told it was going to beta on Monday, but that Monday was weeks ago.
To save me digging back to find the specific post, were we told which Monday ? :(

Gary Lowndes

To save me digging back to find the specific post, were we told which Monday ? :(
Yes, it was two Mondays ago. But we were not told it would be in beta by then, we were told they were hoping for beta by then. Also that we would not be told about it until after beta began, so beta could already be in the process.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Maybe they are just throwing us off guard and it will be released this week Raised%20Eyebrow.gif

Guest Tamadeez

It's a good thing they are playing forum dead. Means they have better things to do than talk to us vultures.

Since I live here......where would I plan a vacation to????? So I will wait.....hopefully I wont be drawing my retirement by then...zzzzzzzzzzzzzE komo mai and enjoy your stay on the valley isle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oahu is better! :( Just kidding! But yes, enjoy your time in Hawaii. The weather has been nice the past few days finally.
I've often wondered that. Where do people who live in Hawaii go on vacation?
Most of my friends and family go to the '9th Island' called Las Vegas. Although I personally end up on the Big Island most of the time. Its cheaper than going to the mainland and never more than an hour long flight home. Unless I fly myself then it's 2 1/2 hours each way and very expencive but the view out the window is WAY better. If I could afford it, I'd go back to D.C. (Never ever again in the summer! It's hotter than it is here and 10x as humid!) or finally visit London.

he said don't plan. Normally in my case planning a vacation takes place two/three months before the vacation. Did he say not to go on vacation?

No worries.:( I have'nt been on vacation in almost 2yrs and in anycase I don't want to miss the NGX release.:( A vacation can take a back seat.:(

I am going to give you a piece of advice.The NGX will never go released after Wednesday of the week.Thus that is of no use to come ten thousand times a day from Thursday until Monday of the next week.If that can remove the frustrations...

I am going to give you a piece of advice.The NGX will never go released after Wednesday of the week.Thus that is of no use to come ten thousand times a day from Thursday until Monday of the next week.If that can remove the frustrations...
... and you are coming to this forum with true and verified statements from Monday 7am to Monday 9am..... so we are safe on this one... :(

too much, too soon....

PUP4ORD just go on holiday.they have not even startet their beta yet,and pmdg normally use 3-4 months on beta.i think we wont see the 737 ngx before sep or okt.

I hope NGX customers reply in kind to PMDG with delayed payments of 2 to 3 yearsSteve McLaren

Based on my theory, this product is significant different from any previous product of PMDG. Because they have invested huge amounts of money and time on the development including accessing technical documents which are only available for airliners, the price should be at least several hundred dollars. I cannot rule out the possibility of reaching thousands of dollars if you want to buy the whole products. Since this product is a must-have thing for all FS Hard core simmers and can never be replaced by anything such as "Made in China" ifly 737 developped by three FS ethusiasts who never fly any real plane, no matter how expenesive this product is, even 10 000, a lot of copies will be sold for sure.

I hope NGX customers reply in kind to PMDG with delayed payments of 2 to 3 yearsSteve McLaren
Wait, you think PMDG owes you something? How much have you paid for the NGX? You don't own it yet so why complain. Complaining won't make them release it any sooner. I waited 4+ years for the MD11. It was well worth it. Have some patience.RegardsRichie Walsh

You say that but the more it is released late, the most they will have to sell to be profitable. Because basically they work and lose money as long as the product is not released, it don't bring in fresh cash, so obviously they want to make it available as soon as possible, but they just show how much they are not ready to give in the quality of the product to get it released earlier. I'm perfectly fine with a couple of extra weeks even if impending seemed to meant it would be pretty close, but rahter have a nice piece of software in the beginning than a crappy one, like some developers can do sometimes. I'm quite sure they would have given an update if they could, but I rather now they are silent and deep into finishing it than spending time giving many pictures and stuff and that progress is not made to make it being released.With the previous level of the PMDG productions, it is really safe to wait and actually, I really think should be taken as a sign of dedication from the team.Cheers