Sign in to follow this  
VegaSS

IRIS Simulations = Bad Customer Service

I hope that someone from IRIS Simulations catches this. I purchased the IRIS Diamond Star 5 days ago and attempted to download it onto my FSX. There is a problem with the download that I recieved, which is no big deal, I know this happens sometimes. The problem is, I paid $30 for this thing and have made repeated, very respectful, request via their "support tickets" to ask for a clean download, only to by ignored. I was, and still am, very excided to fly this plane and am not even requesting my money back, I just want the plane to work. What's wrong with the plane? Well, I have strange "floating parts" going all around and through different parts of the plane and the cockpit. I can't even see the panel due to a wing going through the cockpit between the seat and the panel. I understand that problems happen, but this is unexceptable. I have never had problems like this downloading from other vendors. With being ignored by IRIS customer service, it is no wonder that they have closed their support forums too. I picked this plane over the new Carenado Baron of all things!! I will never make that mistake again! Other venders that I have purchased from, i.e. flight1, carenado, PMDG and many others have been great, but no IRIS. I would warn anyone here to purchase from IRIS with caution, as you may or may not get a good download, but you most CERTAINLY will not get any help if something goes wrong. Nor will you recieve your money back.

WOW!! Now I've even just realized that they have cut the prices of their products in HALF!! What's going on with these guys? I really feal like I got screwed now.:(

What's wrong with the plane? Well, I have strange "floating parts" going all around and through different parts of the plane and the cockpit. I can't even see the panel due to a wing going through the cockpit between the seat and the panel.
I don't think this is a download problem :( It's a general sim problem that's been discussed here a lot.I'd try searching the AVSIM forum, or maybe someone can describe the solution. :(

Apart from FSX problem, good too know about yet another bad developer who gives no support to his customers...

I don't think this is a download problem :( It's a general sim problem that's been discussed here a lot.I'd try searching the AVSIM forum, or maybe someone can describe the solution. :(
I do hope that you're right dmaher. It still wouldn't hurt for IRIS to give me a heads up. :(

Downloads are not "bad", they are either good or corrupt. If you had a corrupt download it would not extract and the installer would not work. A good download will extract and install. What happens once the file is installed is 99% of the times system-specific. If you have an installed product that looks a little unusual there could be a number of issues. Video card, drivers, shader file modifications, edits to the FSX.cfg file and so on.While your "warning" may or may not be valid, it would be a safe guess that your problems are related to your particular FSX setup. Blaming a developer for that does no one any good, especially the developer.If you post a screen shot of what you are seeing other members may be able to point you in a direction towards a fix. Systems specifications would also be a good thing to list.FWIW, I purchased three airplanes from Iris during their Holiday sale late last year. Two out of the three work. The third, the Diamond Star, crashes FSX whenever it's selected. I'll be switching to Win7 from XP soon so I'll see if that cures the planes problems. If not I will contact the developer and hope some type of solution can be found. But as an inactive developer I can say that expecting any developer to be able to diagnose any and all hardware or software problems can be asking for a little too much. Even Microsoft can't get all things to work right, so why are developers suppose to be the gurus?

I believe these fellas are still in the recovery phase down under, and along with that, their ability to communicate is compromised.You did hear or know about what happened there?It does take time..a lot of time..to recover from epic natural and un-natural disasters.I have received nothing but prompt and top notch help/service from David in the past.That was before having their butts kicked by the storms.Extending grace is something that would be go a long way.

Do you have SP2, Acceleration or the Gold edition installed for FSX? If not then you need to install SP2 as a minimum, many third party aircraft exhibit this kind of broken up model problem if you are using the original DVD release of FSX or only have SP1 installed. You would also need to reinstall the service packs again if you have run a repair install of FSX at some point.Another thing that could be an issue is the graphics card in your PC may not have enough memory, so please post your specs so we can advise.

Cheers, Andy.

...and/or have you been trying Bojote's Shader v3 mod lately?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I will do my best to post a pic of what I'm seeing, I've never done it, so not sure how to "capture" the shot. As far as my system, I've been flight simming for years. I've had all the same problems everyone has had with FSX in general. As far as what I'm running, i7 920 bloomfield, and invidia 295 video card. I won't go into everything, this computer is pretty damn good, I build them myself. I have no problems running any other aircraft, some of which would be procieved as much more complex than the Diamond, I'm sure. I am running win 7 also, never had an issue, and all my service packs are up to date. I'm not trying to bash IRIS, they look as though they make a great product, and if they are experiencing problems right now, I didn't know, I don't live in the avsim forums. I can and have to go off of my "first impressions" though, as you all would. This isn't personal to me, it's buisness. They wern't too busy to except my payment, all I ask in return is for them to contact me back and give me some insight on rather it's on my end or maybe theirs. Their site says that they usually contact back in 24-48 hrs, it's been about 6 days now. If anyone has had any issues with this plane before, I'm surley up to any sugestions. The flight sim community is great, and I know everyone here is just trying to help, I do apprietiate it, that's why I'm here.

Guest bstolle

As Paul has already asked; have you applied the Bojote shader mod or made any other cfg change?Suggest to delete the fsx.cfg and let FSX build a new one to check if the problem is still there.

As Paul has already asked; have you applied the Bojote shader mod or made any other cfg change?Suggest to delete the fsx.cfg and let FSX build a new one to check if the problem is still there.
I havn't downloaded any shader mods or made any cfg changes. I'm trying to get a shot for you guys, but the forum won't take the type of file it is. Screenshots are not my forte.

I believe these fellas are still in the recovery phase down under, and along with that, their ability to communicate is compromised.You did hear or know about what happened there?It does take time..a lot of time..to recover from epic natural and un-natural disasters.I have received nothing but prompt and top notch help/service from David in the past.That was before having their butts kicked by the storms.Extending grace is something that would be go a long way.
Yeah, give them a chance to get everything right there.To the OP: I would say to blame the developer cause something doesn´t work as it should is failrly easy. You should do as the others advised and thest whether the problem still occures. After you´ve done everything you cold do to fix this problem and it still occures, then you can begin to blame the developer. But doing it right away without any attempts to fix it is just miserable.Btw. I bought two of their planes, the F-16 and the A-10, in the 5$ christmas sale and they work like a breeze. Nothing corrupted or something else. Do you have both FSX service packs installed, if not it will fail.

Yeah, give them a chance to get everything right there.To the OP: I would say to blame the developer cause something doesn´t work as it should is failrly easy. You should do as the others advised and thest whether the problem still occures. After you´ve done everything you cold do to fix this problem and it still occures, then you can begin to blame the developer. But doing it right away without any attempts to fix it is just miserable.Btw. I bought two of their planes, the F-16 and the A-10, in the 5$ christmas sale and they work like a breeze. Nothing corrupted or something else. Do you have both FSX service packs installed, if not it will fail.
Ok, let me first say, if you read my OP, I'm not blaming IRIS for a bad product, nor am I blaming them for my product no working. I've seen their work, I've followed their work, and it's great. I'm just not happy with the lack of response back after contacting them. I don't have a problem with them. It would be just like if you bought a new corvette. You know the car is great do to it's history, but if YOURS doesn't work properly, you just want to know why, so you can enjoy it. That's all. Ok, so again, I'll try and get the pic up. wish me luck. :(

I hope that someone from IRIS Simulations catches this. I purchased the IRIS Diamond Star 5 days ago and attempted to download it onto my FSX. There is a problem with the download that I recieved, which is no big deal, I know this happens sometimes. The problem is, I paid $30 for this thing and have made repeated, very respectful, request via their "support tickets" to ask for a clean download, only to by ignored. I was, and still am, very excided to fly this plane and am not even requesting my money back, I just want the plane to work. What's wrong with the plane? Well, I have strange "floating parts" going all around and through different parts of the plane and the cockpit. I can't even see the panel due to a wing going through the cockpit between the seat and the panel. I understand that problems happen, but this is unexceptable. I have never had problems like this downloading from other vendors. With being ignored by IRIS customer service, it is no wonder that they have closed their support forums too. I picked this plane over the new Carenado Baron of all things!! I will never make that mistake again! Other venders that I have purchased from, i.e. flight1, carenado, PMDG and many others have been great, but no IRIS. I would warn anyone here to purchase from IRIS with caution, as you may or may not get a good download, but you most CERTAINLY will not get any help if something goes wrong. Nor will you recieve your money back.
I think that this is jumping the gun with David because I have bought everything he has built and am very satisfied. I don't know what the problems you are facing are but I am sure that someone here will be able to help. Have you tried to use his email address to send a personal message, that always worked for me. IRIS - David Brice [mailto:davidb76@hotmail.com.au] I know that David will make things right, he always has. fisheye