Sign in to follow this  
VegaSS

IRIS Simulations = Bad Customer Service

DX 10 preview, that is usually the problem. i though.
I agree. I remember reading of similar issues on another aircraft and DX10 preview was to blame.Many people tend to forget about this, and there are a bunch of FSX aircraft not DX10 compatible.

I agree. I remember reading of similar issues on another aircraft and DX10 preview was to blame.Many people tend to forget about this, and there are a bunch of FSX aircraft not DX10 compatible.
So it's possible that it's win 7? It does come with DX10 right?

Win7 has the DX10 files, yes. DX9 is also supported via the same libraries. Try turning the DX10 preview function in FSX off...DJ

No, the problem is not because of Win 7.

Apart from FSX problem, good too know about yet another bad developer who gives no support to his customers...
From someone visiting these forums for so long, and with so many posts, I would have expected a more balanced reaction.You should know better then to react this way to a post of one user to conclude this is "a bad developper that gives no support".That said, to the OP:- Sorry, I can't help with your problem.- Starting a thread with accusing a business of "BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE", because they don't react to your problem ticket, isn't helping if you don't know WHY you get no response.To give you one example: I'm a freeware designer, and I strive to support my freeware stuff a best as I can. As many people know. However, it happened to me dozens of times that when I'm trying to react to a support question, my Email reply gets flushed by the adressee because of his (or his ISP's) Email spamfilters. I'm not saying one way or the other if this applies here, but it's a possibility you should consider.- To feel "screwed" because a business has occasional price-actions (half-price, or 5$-actions) is really the limit. Do you also complain if your supermarket has a product on sale the week after you bought it ???Just some observations about this thread ...Nothing to do with IRIS Simulations as such, but just my rant about yet another of many examples of what people write on FS forums these days without thinking twice.By the way: no reader has to agree with my reply, but at least I've thought about it before writing it :)Rob

From someone visiting these forums for so long, and with so many posts, I would have expected a more balanced reaction.You should know better then to react this way to a post of one user to conclude this is "a bad developper that gives no support".That said, to the OP:- Sorry, I can't help with your problem.- Starting a thread with accusing a business of "BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE", because they don't react to your problem ticket, isn't helping if you don't know WHY you get no response.To give you one example: I'm a freeware designer, and I strive to support my freeware stuff a best as I can. As many people know. However, it happened to me dozens of times that when I'm trying to react to a support question, my Email reply gets flushed by the adressee because of his (or his ISP's) Email spamfilters. I'm not saying one way or the other if this applies here, but it's a possibility you should consider.- To feel "screwed" because a business has occasional price-actions (half-price, or 5$-actions) is really the limit. Do you also complain if your supermarket has a product on sale the week after you bought it ???Just some observations about this thread ...Nothing to do with IRIS Simulations as such, but just my rant about yet another of many examples of what people write on FS forums these days without thinking twice.By the way: no reader has to agree with my reply, but at least I've thought about it before writing it :)Rob
Fair enough Rob, we are all entitled to our opinions, and considering the difference between freeware and payware, well, that's self explainatory. I don't always expect my freeware downloads to work, and if they don't, they are free, no harm done. A business is a business though, and I would expect ANY business to come through when I have a possible problem with a product in which they sold to me, as I'm sure you would also, or do you just prefer to be walked on and through your money away. When I'm spending my hard earned cash on something, particularly from a reputable developer, sorry, I expect some respectable service. That just comes with choosing to start a business of any kind, it's called accountability. I don't regret my post, because, as far as I'm concerned, this has been POOR customer service. At this point, it dosn't matter if it's my computer or a corrupt file, it's the fact that they havn't responded. This isn't the first post on here in which IRIS has been accused of poor service, look it up. And by all means, if there is a serious problem going on in Australia that is causing this, then I appologize. Unfortunatley, I don't live in Australia, and don't have the slightest idea.

I hope that someone from IRIS Simulations catches this. I purchased the IRIS Diamond Star 5 days ago and attempted to download it onto my FSX. There is a problem with the download that I recieved, which is no big deal, I know this happens sometimes. The problem is, I paid $30 for this thing and have made repeated, very respectful, request via their "support tickets" to ask for a clean download, only to by ignored. I was, and still am, very excided to fly this plane and am not even requesting my money back, I just want the plane to work. What's wrong with the plane? Well, I have strange "floating parts" going all around and through different parts of the plane and the cockpit. I can't even see the panel due to a wing going through the cockpit between the seat and the panel. I understand that problems happen, but this is unexceptable. I have never had problems like this downloading from other vendors. With being ignored by IRIS customer service, it is no wonder that they have closed their support forums too. I picked this plane over the new Carenado Baron of all things!! I will never make that mistake again! Other venders that I have purchased from, i.e. flight1, carenado, PMDG and many others have been great, but no IRIS. I would warn anyone here to purchase from IRIS with caution, as you may or may not get a good download, but you most CERTAINLY will not get any help if something goes wrong. Nor will you recieve your money back.
Woah, it does sounds like you have a problem there. Apon reading your later past VegaSS I did see that you are not putting any blame on the product but on the customer service. It sounds a lot like there is something with your PC or FSX that are causing this. Otherwise there might be more people seeking support for the same issue that you could refer to.In regards to the opening post, I have to step back and wonder if such a negative public announcement was needed. One slow response from customer service and automatically IRIS has "BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE"? I might be getting into semantics, but maybe posting a "heads-up" post about your current situation would be better. There are plenty of people that have received great service, making one time not garner as bad of a title as you are giving them.I don't know why IRIS is being slow to respond to your email in this case, but I do hope you find an answer. There are many great fellow flight sim players here on this forum that would be glad to help if you ask (And include pictures, haha :( ).Good luck on your search for a solution. Let us know if you got your problem resolved. :(
Apart from FSX problem, good too know about yet another bad developer who gives no support to his customers...
Can we really put them into that pile for just this post, or is there a long list? :( Put I would say that having closed their forum and resorted to a ticket system doesn't make a good community for customers to share their feelings, problem, and fixes for a product.

Woah, it does sounds like you have a problem there. Apon reading your later past VegaSS I did see that you are not putting any blame on the product but on the customer service. It sounds a lot like there is something with your PC or FSX that are causing this. Otherwise there might be more people seeking support for the same issue that you could refer to.In regards to the opening post, I have to step back and wonder if such a negative public announcement was needed. One slow response from customer service and automatically IRIS has "BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE"? I might be getting into semantics, but maybe posting a "heads-up" post about your current situation would be better. There are plenty of people that have received great service, making one time not garner as bad of a title as you are giving them.I don't know why IRIS is being slow to respond to your email in this case, but I do hope you find an answer. There are many great fellow flight sim players here on this forum that would be glad to help if you ask (And include pictures, haha Just Kidding.gif ).Good luck on your search for a solution. Let us know if you got your problem resolved. :smile:Can we really put them into that pile for just this post, or is there a long list? :( Put I would say that having closed their forum and resorted to a ticket system doesn't make a good community for customers to share their feelings, problem, and fixes for a product.
Ok, I'll say, maybe, I was a little harsh at the beginning. As I've said, I'm sure they are a great company. I really do want to fly this plane, being a pilot myself and enjoying the DA40 was the whole reason I felt this plane was a great choice. But enough of the blame, I'll gladdly take any advice. I appologize for not getting the pics, I seem to have no idea how to get them posted on here, I've been trying. :( Also, I'm not running DX10, I still have an older DX9 card, it's a GTX260, not 295 as I thought, my bad. Without any pictures, I can tell you, the plane is in tact, it's just that there are extra parts going through the fuselage in vertical and horizontal directions, like an extra wing, and an extra vertical stablizer sticking out the nose of the aircraft. It's the craziest looking plane you ever did see. :( I'm no software expert, but I've never had this happen before. I run some pretty good planes, so I don't think it's the card. I don't want anyone to think I'm an A-whole, just want this great little plane to work, and just wish IRIS could maybe help me out. that's all. Aside from what you may gather from my original post, I have been very polite with the tickets, and with my direct e-mail.
Put I would say that having closed their forum and resorted to a ticket system doesn't make a good community for customers to share their feelings, problem, and fixes for a product.
I do think that them having their forum open would have been a GREAT help, I think that is some of my frustration. I always liked the way you could go to flight1's forums for support on their products. Having to come to AVSIM is not my first choice.

Ok, I'll say, maybe, I was a little harsh at the beginning. As I've said, I'm sure they are a great company. I really do want to fly this plane, being a pilot myself and enjoying the DA40 was the whole reason I felt this plane was a great choice. But enough of the blame, I'll gladdly take any advice. I appologize for not getting the pics, I seem to have no idea how to get them posted on here, I've been trying. :( Also, I'm not running DX10, I still have an older DX9 card, it's a GTX260, not 295 as I thought, my bad. Without any pictures, I can tell you, the plane is in tact, it's just that there are extra parts going through the fuselage in vertical and horizontal directions, like an extra wing, and an extra vertical stablizer sticking out the nose of the aircraft. It's the craziest looking plane you ever did see. :( I'm no software expert, but I've never had this happen before. I run some pretty good planes, so I don't think it's the card. I don't want anyone to think I'm an A-whole, just want this great little plane to work, and just wish IRIS could maybe help me out. that's all. Aside from what you may gather from my original post, I have been very polite with the tickets, and with my direct e-mail.I do think that them having their forum open would have been a GREAT help, I think that is some of my frustration. I always liked the way you could go to flight1's forums for support on their products. Having to come to AVSIM is not my first choice.

Ron Service

I do realise it is frustrating not having their support forum open where other members canassist each other.I bought this aircraft too at the Christmas sale and it works OK.The only thing I can suggest unless and until their forum reopens is that you try to obtain help on this forum.First,do your specs meet the requirements for the aircraft?Post them here,along with if possible your FSX.cfg file.Hopefully,other users/owners of this bird will chip in with their 2 cents.There are unfortunately a myriad of hardware/software combinations out there,so it may require patience and some friendly fellow simmers to narrow down the problem.Even if their forum was up,with the best of intentions,they may not have had the time or patience to give you the attention you require.Don't give up.I don't know why their forum went down this time,but I understand it has happened before.Something to do with bandwidth.It went down for a day or two during the Christmas sale.Probably due to sheer volume,so in short provide as much detail as you can including other software.Good LuckRon

Ron Service

VegaSSAre you using an ATI graphics card, the only time I've seen plane parts where they shouldn't be is when I first installed FSX, the default microlite parts were all over the place, I cured it by running Bojotes Tweak tool, as soon as I applied the new FSX.cfg file everything worked fine and still does.I haven't tried the planes from Iris but the problem sounds similar to what I experienced.CheersMartin

Ok, let me first say, if you read my OP, I'm not blaming IRIS for a bad product, nor am I blaming them for my product no working. I've seen their work, I've followed their work, and it's great. I'm just not happy with the lack of response back after contacting them. I don't have a problem with them. It would be just like if you bought a new corvette. You know the car is great do to it's history, but if YOURS doesn't work properly, you just want to know why, so you can enjoy it. That's all. Ok, so again, I'll try and get the pic up. wish me luck. :(
Well, maybe I have been a bit harsh too. If you think I had been I really apologize for this. But IRIS is just a really good company and I thought I have to defend them do a certain degree.
Ok, I'll say, maybe, I was a little harsh at the beginning. As I've said, I'm sure they are a great company. I really do want to fly this plane, being a pilot myself and enjoying the DA40 was the whole reason I felt this plane was a great choice. But enough of the blame, I'll gladdly take any advice. I appologize for not getting the pics, I seem to have no idea how to get them posted on here, I've been trying. :( Also, I'm not running DX10, I still have an older DX9 card, it's a GTX260, not 295 as I thought, my bad. Without any pictures, I can tell you, the plane is in tact, it's just that there are extra parts going through the fuselage in vertical and horizontal directions, like an extra wing, and an extra vertical stablizer sticking out the nose of the aircraft. It's the craziest looking plane you ever did see. :( I'm no software expert, but I've never had this happen before. I run some pretty good planes, so I don't think it's the card.
I don´t think that your GTX 260 is causing this. I own also one and I´m very happy about it. I never had any problems with this card. Why do you say you don´t run DX10? My system runs on DX11, s don´t say the this card can´t render it but this is up to your OS. Of course I´m using DX9 in FSX and it all works very good.

Now can we stop arguing about developers and help the OP?Give this a shot, I had a similar problem with ALL of my aircraft after screwing around with Shader mods and DirectX 10 awhile ago.In the fsx.cfg, make the SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED= number one higher. For example, if you have SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=19874562, then change it to SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=19874563 and then restart FSX. If using DirectX 10 Preview do the same thing with SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=x.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Now can we stop arguing about developers and help the OP?Give this a shot, I had a similar problem with ALL of my aircraft after screwing around with Shader mods and DirectX 10 awhile ago.In the fsx.cfg, make the SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED= number one higher. For example, if you have SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=19874562, then change it to SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=19874563 and then restart FSX. If using DirectX 10 Preview do the same thing with SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=x.
Well done, Phillip!!! At long last. Shaders corruption - except that it is SHADERS_VERSION=(new number). Copy these lines into your cfg[GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=(put new number here. Can be any number)SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432An alternate method - he can just delete the ShadersHLSL folder in the users home. There are all kinds of post on this issue - complete with directions and pictures. I think everyone who has tried the Shader mod has gone through this. Another method is to download and run Bojote's Shaders3 version 1.6, which will do the whole thing automagically.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.