Sign in to follow this  
VegaSS

IRIS Simulations = Bad Customer Service

I get either 404 errors or a notice the domain is no longer registered.
Saw a posting at SOH that the malware gobblins got into the site and it's off while being cleaned.I bought their A-10 Warthog, Christen Eagle and Diamond Twin Star. Makes me wonder if I've flown the Eagle so far? Think I'll clear up that dilemna tonight! :( The developer also has a presence on Facebook, FWIW.

I have purchased many IRIS products and PREVIOUSLY experienced good customer service. Now I have the same experience as the OPNo response to my support ticketsNo response to e-mail inquiriesWhen I try to check on my open tickets at the IRIS site I get a message those tickets are not longer validThe support forums are closedMy first experience with the problem was Jan 14 this year - they've had almost 3 months to resolve their web site difficulties.I understand problems with web sites - I don't understand no response and closing of open ticktes

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

VegaSS, I dont know if some of your settings in your fsx.cfg are the cause of any of your trouble, but some of the figures looked suspect, like your SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT being set at 30 for example. Also WHY do you have two different display sections in your cfg of which neither match? I only run one video card, so I cant answer for running two cards, but normally you should only have ONE display.device section. If however FSX created two if you are running multiple cards, I would imagine you shold have both set the same, of which yours aren't.[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 .0]AntiAlias=1Mode=1920x1080x32TriLinear=1[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260.0]AntiAlias=1Mode=1920x1080x16Anyway, I ran your cfg thru *******'es program and this is what it said and the adjustments it made. I used your series of graphics card and chose 4 cores and guessed that your CPU clock speed was between 2.8 and 3.2. Here's what his recommendations were.Congratulations! you have an optimal AffinityMask value! Your RejectThreshold value needs adjusting! HIGHMEMFIX was added to your config! ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 has been added to make FSX Shader 3 compatible Aircraft shadows removed for performance. Use Conservative to prevent this change. Setting TextureMaxLoad to 30 for faster texture loading! Your SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT has been updated with an optimal value. Your SmallPartRejectRadius is being adjusted for performance Adding MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS for improved autogen batching performance. Adjusting SOUND_LOD for improved performance when using AI sounds. Your Cloud draw distance is set above 70nm, try using an external weather program to limit visibility and set your cloud draw distance 10nm UNDER this visibility for optimal horizon cloud blend. Consider removing your FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION *IF* you experience micro-stutters. You are using a non standard Texture Size! we'll skip this option and leave it unchanged. MAKE SURE to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing for improved smoothness with your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 card. MAKE SURE to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing for improved smoothness with your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 card. And here is a copy of the new cfg. Note your double display areas are still here in bold since *******'s tweak didn't change them.// This file was tweaked on Apr 07, 2011 at 02:04 GMT using Bojote's automated FSX Tweaking & Tuning Service// This file is optimized as follows: 4 core(s), CPU speed 2, HT 0, GPU 3, PREF 2// You can visit Bojote's FSX Tweaking & Tuning service at http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html[MAPVIEW_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1show_flight_history=1[RWW_WEATHER_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 .0]AntiAlias=1Mode=1920x1080x32TriLinear=1[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0[sOUND]AmbientUI=0AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000SOUND=1SOUND_LOD=1SOUND_QUALITY=2UISound=1[slewTextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2[AContain]LabelColor=FFFF0000LabelDelay=1000ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelHeading=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabels=1ShowUserLabel=0[ATC]AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BPilotVoice=0ShowATCText=1UsePilotVoice=1[TextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=1MEASURE=0[CONTROLS]Controls_Current=StandardControls_Default=StandardKBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64[FACILITIES]CITY=0COUNTRY=0GTL_BUTTON=1419STATE=0[TextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1FuelPercentage=2,4GForce=2,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[GRAPHICS]AC_SELF_SHADOW=1AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0ALLOW_SHADER_30=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0HIGHMEMFIX=1IMAGE_QUALITY=0LANDING_LIGHTS=1NUM_LIGHTS=8See_Self=1TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096TEXTURE_QUALITY=3Text_Scroll=1[TrafficManager]AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3AirlineDensity=100FreewayDensity=0GADensity=100IFROnly=0LeisureBoatsDensity=40ShipsAndFerriesDensity=40[DynamicHeadMovement]HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000[REALISM]AutoCoord=FalseAutoTrim=FalseCrashDetection=TrueCrashTolerance=1.000000CrashWithDyn=TrueGEffect=TrueGeneral=1.000000GyroDrift=FalseGyroEffect=0.000000ManualLights=TruePFactor=0.000000RealMixture=TrueStressDamage=TrueTorque=0.000000TrueAirspeed=FalseUnlimitedFuel=False[Weather]AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=6DETAILED_CLOUDS=1DisableTurbulence=0DownloadWindsAloft=1DynamicWeather=2MaxGustRampSpeed=200MaxGustTime=500MaxVarRampSpeed=75MaxVarTime=50MinGustRampSpeed=1MinGustTime=10MinVarRampSpeed=10MinVarTime=5THERMAL_VISUALS=0TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1[Misc]Com_Rate=7[Main]FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33HideMenuFullscreen=1HideMenuNormal=0Location=440,130,1480,908,\\.\DISPLAY1Maximized=1SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscSimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\UT AircraftUser Objects=Airplane, Helicopter[Trusted]C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.qliarrbnaabekkiauiblhwockihortaoeuwtoiiu=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.wbnittblwbubtbouqqiblrwkqznbwhoanwlbiblq=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.zzbhtkckblweuwtnrerbzikhhecwzaitikoiawao=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\BoeingGeneric.DLL.kaatnruoackclibcorzreccirrobtqurbntbukuw=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.ezncwcucrhzhzuwwbucaubakeatutirizwtcolhh=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.hkirarobtokrurzlkaulnbnhronclawueoioieqn=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.tcintlkibiioaeqorzatchinkwccwraolitrewen=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.wwllacteiultzhinrrzaikaqrebkrwuaitezqqnt=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\F1ATRB.DLL.qhwzbzneoatakwlqbwtbzqkqrhhtlwcqlwcltewc=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\F1ATRCS.DLL.cnuerrlwhbhotbzlrauniczbibnccootnlnwnicu=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\F1_C172R.GAU.unwizcehbbwwrnokbhkaeoiinbalabalcwarrahe=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\KingAir.DLL.roearboqlbuqqtkbttoiekebtkethbuwturtkitt=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\KingAir_Radio.DLL.bkantnlrttnrnwbounuhebqnquqbbthqhoqtlkwk=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.aqucwqqtioiebucbilqwcaaceeloohzzuouhthzt=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F0.GAU.iuizunoohthluzbtcbtrqtbnalzckncwcwlbqkoi=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F1.GAU.bkbwcbrninikhbioaulqhuerbibtihlbktlehtke=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F2.GAU.cohabrlutlnubqeuizwhboalounzriwrrconawiw=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F3.GAU.ureniiquiunqalcqlnnukkouhrkahuwkeoizliwu=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F4.GAU.ktawiozcecwzzkwnhzcebiohkzinacrectthtzez=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F7.GAU.alzltanowrwokqerqrutbacctturizqzzleibiuu=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20FM.GAU.bkhzqnuizlnaillonrrnwriiqnwrbhbrliqocunz=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20FVFR.GAU.qchckinhbeihwcellaczkotrcrtbhilqnkrtoiwo=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Mooney_Bravo.DLL.zkwocqbwrtiizqctqohkatrtrtnnhnaaunoztzbw=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA28ARCHER2.GAU.kuwecrlrelwqczicrnuazworrcbhenzccqlthrat=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA28ARCHER3.GAU.btbtuckibetkznwecahulckehnhqkwlwuwtqtket=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA28ARCHER4.GAU.bzrntocawtnllbhnwetlccateaanbawiltklehaa=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA32SARAG1.GAU.iubhwuubhnhkikwzthnozbntniwkablckleqnnha=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA32SARAG2.GAU.brwazclnziheueetrqtlallahbzkuakkuctbqbcr=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA32SARAG3.GAU.cuantirziooooronabhalbzhhacitrchwutlnowz=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA32SARAG4.GAU.otkleqzerzhwlhqnreccwtqubwhoacehakatihzb=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA32SARAG5.GAU.kuwecrlrelwqczicrnuazworrcbhenzccqlthrat=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA32SARAG6.GAU.bzrntocawtnllbhnwetlccateaanbawiltklehaa=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA34S1.GAU.urtwtcahkulcuchtqiqbokhwhaizrkeeeinhiciq=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA34S2.GAU.ntbrlzwqbtquolqiobbqqruuqekhklawohawzacq=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA34S3.GAU.rhokkntlaiozeauuwozrlkllaaactrhlnnehucei=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PA34S4.GAU.bzrntocawtnllbhnwetlccateaanbawiltklehaa=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\RadioMoney.GAU.zrtultuwwzculocrubttrzhwchlnkaqbznozbtek=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\rexwxengine2.exe.awakzebcokbeziabbqznhobooiclqcckzbunbaqt=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Real Environment Xtreme\rexwxengine2.exe.awakzebcokbeziabbqznhobooiclqcckzbunbaqt=1C:\Program Files (x86)\SquawkBox\sbaicontrol10.dll.qceaonqailllltbrznewkkaooberukwowheetzrb=1C:\Program Files (x86)\SquawkBox\sbmod10.dll.nakwriotkaqecoqlbcoerehbkoqqkkllhwrrauii=1C:\Program Files (x86)\SquawkBox\sbtrans10.dll.qbiicctbhhnotqaoquqaqlhwiuqbrhqkrcnwbqql=1[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260.0]AntiAlias=1Mode=1920x1080x16[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1FuelPercentage=1,4GForce=1,3LockedFrameRate=1,2[uSERINTERFACE]DisplayFuelAsWeight=0Map_Orientation=2OpenATCOnCreate=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1PageID=1SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIMSelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=AllSelectAircraftType=AllShowAllACPaintSchemes=1[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[bUFFERPOOLS]//PoolSize=12000000RejectThreshold=131072[Display]ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255BLOOM_EFFECTS=0ChangeTime=4.000000InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoOverspeedEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30TextureMaxLoad=30TransitionTime=4.000000UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=False[MULTIPLAYER]AccoutUsername=SRT8PilotDefaultLobby=Free FlightEnableShare=1EnableVoice=1GameDescription=0GameName=IN HERE ROB !!GamePassword=soonerPasswordForSharingAircraft=0PasswordReqd=1WeatherString=Weather Theme: Stormy WeathercondAccoutPassword=0[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=15[WeatherMap]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1[slewTextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2[PANELS]DEFAULT_VIEW=0IMAGE_QUALITY=1PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_STRETCHING=1QUICKTIPS=0UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0[sTARTUP]DEMO=0LoadWindow=1SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=0[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[TERRAIN]AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5DETAIL_TEXTURE=1LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=22SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=500TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=300TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29WATER_EFFECTS=4[sCENERY]DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5LENSFLARE=1MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=3SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0[FlightPlanMap]LineWidth=2SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1show_ac_twr=1show_airways=1show_markers=1show_volume_boundaries=1show_waypoints=1Perhaps some of those graphic settings you had in your original cfg were causing your problems, like the SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT being set to high, reject threshold setting, etc.If I were you, i would make a back up of your current fsx.cfg, let FSX build a new one, then try FSX with the planes your having trouble with and see if that fixes things before you start adding a bunch of cfg tweaks that could cause other things to not work correctly. Then later run the new cfg thru *******'es site if your so inclined to. There are just some setting that seem off in the cfg you posted.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just as an FYI for the OP:I purchased the same aircraft package during the Christmas sale (I won't repeat the price to avoid damage to your monitor :().While I had zero graphics issues the aircraft displays a noticable "pull to the left"-in other words a steadily increasing left bank. After an exchange of support emails generated via the trouble ticket system it turns out IRIS had issues with the load balancing part of the model (apparently quite common under FSX with light GA aircraft). To correct the issue-or rather to minimize it-you will need to play with the balance during flight setup. I found that a pilot at 170 lbs and a co-pilot at 174-176 lbs worked best for me to correct the slow roll in the model.I will also send you via PM the IRIS email from my old support ticket.Hope this helps a bit.

• Upvote 1

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

I think its great that the members here have tried to help the OP.PS. could you also PM me with the mods you received on your ticket from IRIS.ThanksRon

Ron Service

Actually I just pm'd him the email addy of the individual that assisted me. Just on the off chance he gets a response. I found the IRIS folks quite helpful.There were no mods-just a recommendation of what to try and the reasoning for the "unassisted" bank angle changes in level flight. While its not perfect it is manageable and more important-expalianed and expected behavior.Hope the OP gets it sorted. It's a pretty sexy aircraft with very interesting engines (I guess you love it or hate it).

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

Actually I just pm'd him the email addy of the individual that assisted me. Just on the off chance he gets a response. I found the IRIS folks quite helpful.There were no mods-just a recommendation of what to try and the reasoning for the "unassisted" bank angle changes in level flight. While its not perfect it is manageable and more important-expalianed and expected behavior.Hope the OP gets it sorted. It's a pretty sexy aircraft with very interesting engines (I guess you love it or hate it).
Sorry guys, not ignoring you, just havn't had time to mess with this stuff yet. Will do, and get back with ya.

Sorry guys, not ignoring you, just havn't had time to mess with this stuff yet. Will do, and get back with ya.
Dont forget to have a look at those cfg items I pointed out near the end of page 2.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok, let me first say, if you read my OP, I'm not blaming IRIS for a bad product, nor am I blaming them for my product no working. I've seen their work, I've followed their work, and it's great. I'm just not happy with the lack of response back after contacting them. I don't have a problem with them. It would be just like if you bought a new corvette. You know the car is great do to it's history, but if YOURS doesn't work properly, you just want to know why, so you can enjoy it. That's all. Ok, so again, I'll try and get the pic up. wish me luck. :(

I see these posts are dated way back in 2011, but here it is 2014 and I too am having problems with their Customer Service.  I have posted a couple of notices on issues I'm having with their Alenia C27J Spartan Tactical Airlifter on their support forums (as have a few others) a few months ago and still have not received any replies.  I've also posted to an IRIS forum on the Sim-Outhouse forums with no responses.

They just released a totally revamped version of the Spartan a couple of months ago that has corrected a lot of things with the aircraft, but there are still a number remaining.  I've also posted directly to David with an IRIS forum PM....no response.  That said, I would just like to know what the problem is with their Customer Support.

It's really sad because the airplane is great.

That said, I would just like to know what the problem is with their Customer Support.

As you can see in post #51 above, an individual was able to get a hold of customer support and get his problem fixed and it appears others were satisfied too.  If you are having a problem with your IRIS product and you cannot get assistance from the developer, post your problem here and maybe a fellow member might be able to fix your problem.  Do not regurgitate an old, old post which may no longer be accurate.  It does not help you and it does not help others here.   

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

As you can see in post #51 above, an individual was able to get a hold of customer support and get his problem fixed and it appears others were satisfied too.  If you are having a problem with your IRIS product and you cannot get assistance from the developer, post your problem here and maybe a fellow member might be able to fix your problem.  Do not regurgitate an old, old post which may no longer be accurate.  It does not help you and it does not help others here.   

Thank you very much for your comment.  I will do as you ask and post a separate thread regarding the issues I am having with the IRIS Simulation Tactical Airlifter..

However, I have to disagree with your comments.  First, my reply was not made to help me.  You'll notice that I referenced the fact that this was a reply to a very old post, which I usually don't do.  I also did not mention any of the problems that I was having with the aircraft. 

I think the post does help others with reference to the title of the original post and IRIS' lack of expected customer service.  A developer has a duty to all of it's customers to provide a decent level of support and when this isn't done, then buyers should know about it before they purchase from them.  Regardless of whether or not IRIS fixed the problems, buyers should not have to wait months, or even weeks for responses to their support qurestions.

Respectfully,

Mike Nowinski

I agree wiyh this, I had found on Avsim a lot of very sound advices about which company has good support and wich should be avoided. Bringing back an old topic may allow peoples with different and more recent experience to chip in. I'm one of the one that had a bad customer service experience years ago with this company that made me unwilling to purchase again. But i will be interested to listen to recent positive or negative experiences from fellow simmers. In fact, the only way for me to consider again this company is topic like this one.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

I also did not mention any of the problems that I was having with the aircraft.

Mike,

This is exactly the problem.  Can you just come onto the forums here, bash a flight simulator company by saying they will not respond to my e-mails and not tell us what your problem is?  Perhaps one of our members has the same product and knows how to fix it.  We also have representatives from other flight simulation companies who are members here and may be able to help you.  It's almost Christmas time and I always get suspicious when I see someone writing a post that appears to be telling everyone, Iris Simulations will not respond to my request for customer service!  So don't buy from them this Christmas!  The non-responses or untimely responses happens with a lot of companies and one of the reasons why AVSIM has provided a forum for people to discuss issues they are having with an aircraft.  The fact you are not getting immediate and satisfactory support from a company should be between you and the company.  AVSIM has several "unofficial" forums here that we have set up as some flight sim companies did not provide responses in their support forums.  I think you would be better served if you posted your issue to see if a fellow member here at AVSIM can help you.   You can tell us about your problem and then even indicate in your topic that you contacted the company and have not heard back from them yet and you would like to see if someone here can help while you wait for a response.  I just hate the fact that one or two people out of possibly a thousand customers can come here to bash a company just because they are dissatisfied the developer did not respond to them in a timely basis.  The FSX forum is not a company bashing forum.  It is a forum for members to discuss FSX and FSX addons.  I would like to keep it like that.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim

Putting aside for the time being the question of whether a three year old thread ought to be resurrected or whether a new thread on the same topic ought to be commenced,  this would be only about the second or third occasion on which, in a post or in private thoughts, I have not agreed with your view.

I agree with Mike and Pierre on this one. The focus of both the historical topic and the current posts was on the developer's customer service and communication. I see that as a separate issue to the product problem even though that may have been the catalyst for seeking an answer from the developer. They are, in the main, separate issues which call for separate answers and need to be dealt with separately. Mike has now addressed both limbs by his additional post about the Airlifter in a different thread on the Forum.

I believe that it is important and useful to flight simmers to be alerted to the level of response they might expect from developers and retailers. We see it with some frequency on the Avsim Forum. To raise these legitimate issues does not itself constitute company bashing. I admit that occasionally I have read a post that could be construed as such. The posts by Mike and Pierre do not fall into that category.

As to what they have experienced with Iris, I have "been there, done that".

To meet your suggestion about describing the problem with the Iris product, it is illustrated by the following post I put on the Iris forum in June about my Jabiru purchase:

Overwrite warning message

by Gartro » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:29 am

I bought this aircraft last week from PC Aviator Australia.

Part-way through the install from the back-up disk I usually buy, a message come up:
"One or more files are write-protected. Do you want to overwrite them anyway?"

Not knowing the correct answer, I aborted the installation exercise.

I later tried the installation via the download facility from PCA Aust and got the same message.

What answer should I have given? I am wary of saying "yes" to an overwrite without knowing what is being overwritten.

Dean from PCA Aust ran the installer at his end yesterday and was faced with a similar message. He said that he ploughed on, answered "yes" and continued the install which successfully installed and flew the aircraft.

He suggested that if I am uneasy about it, I should contact Iris.

I also put in a Support Ticket request but having been met with silence, over a week later I posted this:

Re: Overwrite warning message

by Gartro » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:55 am

I am no longer seeking a response to my earlier post or to the Support Ticket I lodged the next day.

I am now 9 days down the track from posting my query on this Forum and 8 days after lodging a Support Ticket with Iris - and I have heard nothing from anyone.

Perhaps, that is not as bad as it could be. I have looked at the only other Topics on this Jabiru section of the Forum. There are only two Topics apart from mine. One was a problem posted on 5 April. A response came from Iris on 2 June - yes, after a period of almost 2 months! The other Topic problem fared better. It was posted on 30 March and was responded to by Iris on 2 April.

I thought that my problem was rather straightforward and something capable of being answered promptly by the developer in the same town as me. After all, a couple of months ago, I got a much quicker reply from a small developer (only has 3 FSX products) on the opposite side of the world (in Serbia) when I posted a downloading problem on its forum.

What I have seen so far does not fill me with any confidence as to the level of support I could expect with Iris products. I am putting this episode down to experience and treating it as me having made a bad decision to purchase. As I have made known to PC Aviator Australia (from whom I bought this product), I am not going to install the Jabiru or buy any other Iris products. I have learnt my lesson

I reckon that there is a moral in this story. Before buying a developer's product when you have not previously done so, test the water by looking at the developer's support forum and see, as a litmus test, how that developer fares, in terms of promptness and assistance, in responding to customers' queries.

That is where the matter has remained.

I would have benefited from knowing something about people's experiences (good and bad) with Iris responses before I decided to make my purchase. It may have encouraged or deterred the proposed purchase.

Gary

You guys might be interested in this current topic - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/452791-iris-batlefield-airlifter/ .  Seems like some satisfied users there.

Submit News to AVSIM