Sign in to follow this  
brucek

A public apology, and a resignation...

Received an email from Scott Brazell this morning. Without posting the text he had two concerns. I would like to respond, and then offer my resignation in public, which I have already tendered in private.1. He expressed concern about my handling of the comments in "Hanger Chat", a forum that I do not moderate. Scott

Guest SD Sim

Hi Braun,Are you sure you want to resign from the HW forum? I thought you had done a fine job there. The HW forum is a road definitely less traveled, and you helped to liven it up. I agree in that you do seem somewhat quirky, but that's just fine in my books. You have always offered great advice to people, and I'm glad you still plan to be an active participant.I hope your expanded career adventures in the real world are going well.Cheers :-beerchug

Braun,For what it's worth, I thought your actions yesterday were completely appropriate. While I accept as given that the individual(s) designated to monitor any given forum can't be expected to log in every day, let alone sit on it 24/7, it was also very clear that this place needed a moderator yesterday. Given that you moderated another forum at the site, your intervention here made perfect sense to me.Avsim,Forum moderators aren't members of Avsim staff?!I read most of the messages in the controversial (and subsequently locked) threads which were active yesterday. I didn't see any evidence of Braun's 'quirky' personality - I just saw someone trying to bring some order to a couple of threads that were spiralling out of control.It has been pointed out over and over again to us, the users, that you can't watch everything, all the time. OK. If, however, this is an example of how you support those who try to help you, then all I can do is wish you the best of luck in trying to find a replacement for Braun, as you're going to need it. You're in the process of dropping the ball here. Big Time...Doug Dawson

Mr Tacon, you have my respect for your efforts in those "difficult" threads of the past couple of days.Life goes on!

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

I'm glad that you are staying at AVSIM..when I started reading your post I thought you were going to leave AVSIM alltogether. Welcome to the lowest level of AVSIM members... :-lol Take careMike

I quite agree - looking at the number of locked threads, and the fact the other moderators were tied up with the conference !!

Hi Braun,I am one of the ones who quite enjoys your "quirkyness"! Spice is the variety of life - and thats ever important in todays serious world. While we don't agree on some things, I can only say: thank God. If everyone agreed on everything, this would be one heck of a boring world. I look forward to participating in your interesting threads in the future as always.As for Scott, I think I've come to know him a bit over the years here - and I know I have a load of respect for him. I have absolutely no doubt he meant zero disrespect to you in his private comments. Sometimes things can be perceived as more personal than they were meant with mere words that we are forced to use here, I'd bet thats what happened here.Anyway, I look forward to your continued interesting participation and views.Take care,Elrondhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/Boycott-RIAA.gif]"A musician without the RIAA, is like a fish without a bicycle."[/font://http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/B...cle."[/b][/font://http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/B...cle."[/b][/font

Thank you Elrond, and to all who have read my post. Elrond is correct when he speaks about how words can be misinterpreted. I see that some have interpreted my words "quirky" to be those of Scott. No...those are my words, and my words alone. His concern was with my continuance to post on the topic of TWA800.Quirky was a term I used, because it seemed to sum up the perception of my persona by some here, and I confess, I can be at times a bit of a quirk! :)Plz, no one be angry with Scott or AVSIM. I'm not.Cheers,bt

HI Braun,From someone as "quirky" as you are, I hope this passes by and we can all get to read some more of your interesting posts. And your excellent technical help, of which many of us have benefitted.Bruce.

Thank you for clearing that up, Braun.To those that were ready to throw stones in my direction, please try to remember there are always two sides to the story and I communicated my side of the story to Braun by email because there was no need to say anything publically. Also, I made no request for Braun to make this post, that was his decision along with his decision to resign.Hopefully everyone realizes there isn't any issue to throw stones and continue this subject, since it is over.

Braun,Please DON'T STOP posting those links to information regarding TWA800.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png