Sign in to follow this  
Marcel11

NGX for FSX: Tutorial?

Good morning PMDGI really don't want to start the same discussion like the tutorial for the MD-11.Only two questions:Will PMDG release a tutorial for the new NGX for FSX? If yes, together with the product release or later?Thank you very much!Best regardsMarcelLSZB

Sorry for jumping in but you just reminded me to dust off my old Tim Metzinger's B737 tutorial from the old FS9 days. The best tutorial I ever used. Too bad the sequel was never published. I remember there was some problem with copyrights or something?Daniel

Sorry for jumping in but you just reminded me to dust off my old Tim Metzinger's B737 tutorial from the old FS9 days. The best tutorial I ever used. Too bad the sequel was never published.
I agree, this tutorial was absolute classic, highly recommended reading for anybody wanting to learn to fly this bird. I don't think a sequel was ever planned. Yes, distribution was cut short because of Jeppesen charts copyright issues. No bet Tim will be back on this forum when the NGX is unveiled.

Angle of Attack are releasing their training on the day of release.http://www.flyaoamedia.com/blog/pmdg-737-ngx-training/If you have never bought their training before, you are seriously missing out!

+1 for AoA's tution prgrams. The last one for the MD-11 was awesome.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Might have to give these a try just for the FMC side of things thanks for pointing it out!

Angle of Attack are releasing their training on the day of release.http://www.flyaoamedia.com/blog/pmdg-737-ngx-training/If you have never bought their training before, you are seriously missing out!
I bought the AOA training DVD for the LDS 767 around 2 years ago and really liked it.Do they not see the DVD's anymore? I went to thier site and it looked like it was a lot different set up than it was years ago when I got the LDS video. I would prefer to get another DVD rather than some type of online training.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I bought the AOA training DVD for the LDS 767 around 2 years ago and really liked it.Do they not see the DVD's anymore? I went to thier site and it looked like it was a lot different set up than it was years ago when I got the LDS video. I would prefer to get another DVD rather than some type of online training.Sean Campbell
Not sure, but now the videos are downloadable.

Hello,Apparently, there will be a "tutorial" for the NGX according to the description for the flight manuals:Overview: Collection of Jeppesen charts for your 737-NGX Training (appx 50 pages, spiral bound) When training for a type rating on the 737, your airline will provide you with a handful of SIDs, STARs, approach plates, airport diagrams that match the simulator training scenarios you will experience during the next two weeks of training.At PMDG we want you to feel right at home as you learn not only the "switch-ology" required to operate the PMDG 737-NGX, we want you to have the opportunity to learn the judgment and aeronautical decision making skills that are necessary to succeed as a modern airline captain.To that end, we are providing purchasers of the PMDG 737-NGX Chief PIlot's Flight Deck Manual Set a collection of charts that you will use in the tutorial lessons that accompany the software.I wish I could have details on that "tutorial" because it says : "simulator training scenarios you will experience during the next two weeks of training"Will that training take place in the Seattle area? Will that training will be "mission-like" scenario? etc... More details please?Thank you,Stephan

Yours truly is writing the tutorials - there will be at least one that comes with the airplane on day one, hopefully two.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com