Sign in to follow this  
Winstonbaby

panel texture went blurry after reinstall...

I've been running FSX Standard edition since last year. Like a number of people, i started having OOM issues once I startwed using addon scenery (windows 7 64 bit, 8 gigs ram) so I decided to upgrade to the gold version with the Deluxe version and Accelerator as well. In the Standard edition my default aircraft had pretty sharp vc panels. When I switched to Deluxe/Accelerator the vc panels got really blurry (not the gauges, just the actual cockpit graphics). In the deluxe version i could fix it if I checked the Preview directx10 box, great! But, know I have all the other issues that come along with the deluxe version when using directx 10...flickering taxiways, autogen pixelation, flashing artifacts, etc.I decided to go back to the standard version so that I could get the sharp VC panel graphics without all the problems with directx 10. But, now when I install the Standard version i get the blurry panels just like in the deluxe version without using directx 10.FSX Standard Edition Pre Delux install with FTX orbx PNW Scenery5599686094_53aa275c91_b.jpgFSX Deluxe Edition with the same scenery and exact settings (no directx 10 selected) 5599686476_b064eeff27_b.jpgDoes anyone know how I can get this clearity back without running directx 10? Jeez, I had it before directx10.....this is frustrating! Thanks!

I've been running FSX Standard edition since last year. Like a number of people, i started having OOM issues once I startwed using addon scenery (windows 7 64 bit, 8 gigs ram) so I decided to upgrade to the gold version with the Deluxe version and Accelerator as well. In the Standard edition my default aircraft had pretty sharp vc panels. When I switched to Deluxe/Accelerator the vc panels got really blurry (not the gauges, just the actual cockpit graphics). In the deluxe version i could fix it if I checked the Preview directx10 box, great! But, know I have all the other issues that come along with the deluxe version when using directx 10...flickering taxiways, autogen pixelation, flashing artifacts, etc.Does anyone know how I can get this clearity back without running directx 10? Jeez, I had it before directx10.....this is frustrating! Thanks!
Alt / Options / Settings / Display / Aircraft / High resolution virtual cockpit, check

Bert

But, now when I install the Standard version i get the blurry panels just like in the deluxe version without using directx 10.
Long time back, many had this issue and the answer was NOT intuitive. Look at your DISPLAY settings and set as shown in the attachment and see if that helps.Phill

Ok, I figured out what the problem was! I had updated my drivers for my video card and along with it came a whole new control panel. When this downloaded, it set all my 3D settings to the lowest setting. What confused me was that with directx10 checked in the graphics settings in FSX, everything looked perfect! Only when I unchecked directx10 did I see the fuzzy dash in my stock planes...addon planes were not affected. It never accured to me that my settings on my video card had been changed! Thanks for the help!

I solved this problem by moving the Global texture resolution slider to Very High.  This slider is in the Global Options section in FSX display settings.  High resolution virtual cockpit was already checked before I did this but the problem was not solved until I moved the slider.