Sign in to follow this  
audiohavoc

Saitek yoke/rudder causing stutters with Feelthere products

Sorry to say, it looks like I'm having the same problem... STUTTERING. The frame rate is a bit lower than normal, in the low 20s with the occasional dip down to 7 fps. It's a lot less smooth than with my other add-on payware aircraft. But when I make input on any of my controls - elevator, ailerons, or rudder, the screen freezes and my fps stays about the same (maybe a slight dip) and then when the screen comes alive again (a half a second or so) and I'm warped forward a bit. I have other payware aircraft from Captain Sim and I'm not having any issue (they run smooth) it's only with the feelthere 737 PIC and the E-jets v.2 Embraer 175 &195.Oh, And it's just not just Saitek controllers. I'm having a problem with CH products.If anyone figures out how to fix this problem or has any ideas, please let me know.... I would be very appreciative.Paul,Mercury0ne0ne

Shane, Marcus, and Paul,I think I may have figured this out. Shane, I know you have an SSD. Do you have FSX installed on the same drive as Windows 7?Marcus and Paul, do you guys have SSDs? If so, do you have FSX and Windows 7 on the same drive, or is it on a different drive?Brandon

Edited by corny357

Hi Corny357I do not have a SSD , just a standard Hard drive. Also i have FSX and window 7 are installed on the same drive. It would be great if you have found a way to solve this. Been looking for a solution for along time.Marcus

I have two SSD drives, one for Windows and one for FSX. I am happy to report my issue is gone, but it is only after a motherboard change that it finally went away. My MSI board bought the farm, so I changed to an ASUS P67, and the stutters are gone.

I have two SSD drives, one for Windows and one for FSX. I am happy to report my issue is gone, but it is only after a motherboard change that it finally went away. My MSI board bought the farm, so I changed to an ASUS P67, and the stutters are gone.
Did you change any other hardware?

Very interesting...
It leads me to believe that it is something to do with the Feelthere software and the USB drivers as the issue did not occur with any of my other add-ons, which is a very extensive list.

Well, I actually suspected that it had something to do with being on an SSD because that was the common denominator between a few people that had it. So yesterday, I put FSX onto my regular HDD (the one with Windows 7) and the problem stopped. It's got something to do with SSDs or Windows 7 being on a different drive or something.

I notice that when i use the controls my harddrive starts doing something, which in turn is causing the stuttering, also noticing spikes in my processor. The ERJ 145 is the only jet it happeans too. I do not have any problems with the likes of PMDG 747 or Aerosoft Airbus X.

Sorry to re-awake an old thread but this information might be useful for users considering moving to SSDs - The stuttering issue is definitely caused by the SSD and the way I solved this issue was to move the "FSX\simobjects\airplanes\Feelthere XYZ" and "FSX\feelthere" folders to another hard drive, and use junction function (mklink /j) to create a 'hard' shortcut.

Hello,

I noticed a CPU spike caused by Windows Defender whenever a control surface is moved accompanied by an FPS drop. Once I switched real-time protection off, the issue disappeared. Please try it, and if it works, make sure to turn off Defender from the Group Policy Editor to prevent the process from initializing automatically.

Hope this helps.