Sign in to follow this  
Bill Womack

Something different to look at

I took a shot of the RealAir Decathlon this morning that I really like... so much so, in fact, that I made it my desktop wallpaper. If you're interested in using it too, you can download it from my site at www.spottedantelope.com/bwomack/files/decathlon_1280.zip It's a bmp file sized at 1280x960, so if you're not running that rez on your desktop you'll have to set it to "stretch". It was taken at sunset after takeoff from Princess Juliana Int'l Airport. The setting sun is bathing this little beauty and you can make out the soft glow of the cabin lights on the underside of the wing. Very evocative! I've included a preview here. You can also [a href=http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=147&topic_id=100529&mesg_id=100529&page=]see her in action[/a] in the screenshots forum.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/50227.jpgEnjoy!

You're welcome, Rob. I just got through another marathon session of practicing aerobatics in 'er. Just can't get enough!thanks,

Nice pic Bill. I think this is one of our flight challenges, at Guadelope. This is one of my favourite locations in FS2004. Lots of exotic scenery and a fabulous waterside airport.Cheers,Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thanks, Rob. Yep, this is from one of the two challenge flights provided along with the Decathlon. I hadn't flown too much over this part of the world until taking that flight, but I'm planning on returning often now. In fact, I'm planning a trip at the moment from my home airport (KPDX) to the islands... probably flying the Marchetti until I get there just to speed things up a little. I figure once I land I can borrow a Decathlon for a little sightseeing. The local government, after seeing my aerobatic shennanigans, has restricted me to flying over open water only, far from the population ;-).