Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

FSX crashes since the new build...(HELP!)

Since I made a new build, I have random crashes of FSX.Actually, sometimes not so random, mostly happen when I zoom out in the 2D cockpit after flight has been loaded.Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll, version: 8.17.12.7051, time stamp: 0x4d8d89b5Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x003a4884Faulting process id: 0x46cFaulting application start time: 0x01cbfc67610839ccFaulting application path: E:\FSX\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dum.dllReport Id: ef2bee62-685a-11e0-b570-f46d0413b0a3I did:- reinstall FSX, tried all vanilla- downclocked the system to all defaults (all stability tests pass, GPU tests too)- reinstalled the driver, since I thought it was due to the driver - did all as one is supposed to, safe mode, driver sweeper etc...- tried also official driver, and also the newest beta driver (266.58 and 270.51)It keeps crashing with this one error and nothing else.I can't for the life of me find the reason.Anyone has any ideas?

Try out my link in this thread:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/332859-if-youre-getting-app-crashes/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sorry to hear about your problem Word Not Allowed.Do you have MSI Afterburner installed? Uninstall it!Have you imported any Nvidia profile after reinstalling the driver? that could be a bad idea with the new drivers.Now, nothing helps?After uninstalling completly your driver (safe mode), open your case and remove your GPU. Clean it and put it back.Reinstall the driver from your original GPU install CD.Make some tests and report.I am 98% sure that there is a glitch with your nVidia profiles.It seems like there are some problem with profiles since the 267.84 drivers.Good luck :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Sorry to hear about your problem Word Not Allowed.Do you have MSI Afterburner installed? Uninstall it!Have you imported any Nvidia profile after reinstalling the driver? that could be a bad idea with the new drivers.
Ahh... yes.Doing/having both. MSI Aft. yes, and importing profiles via Nvidia Inspector. Quicker than setting everything up! I'll trying removing those variables, thanks for the suggestion David!

None of those solutions seem to work.Restored original profiles, ran FSX with internal AA and AF, and also tried with Ryan's suggestion - still all the same. The worst thing is... it's random.Only other solution seems to be W7 reinstall + FSX reinstall. PAIN. MAJOR PAIN.

Guest firehawk44
Anyone has any ideas?
Exception code indicates memory violation probably while it was loading/running faulting module, nvd3dum.dll. My (almost exact system) was crashing too but with the infamous G3d.dll fault. I have fixed it (so far) by changing the memory frequency (DDR3-1600MHz) in the BIOS to Auto and changed the AI Overclock Tuner from Manual to X.M.P. Per Asus, "When XMP is enabled, BCLK frequency, CPU ratio and memory parameters will be auto optimized". That's what Stephen (SpiritFlyer) had told me to do when he helped me oc my system but I read on several forums that you should change XMP to Manual and put in the memory frequency of your memory. That was a wrong suggestion and I reverted back to what Stephen had stated and so far no more crashes. FYI, I ran several stability tests with the memory frequency set to DDR3-1600 instead of Auto and had no crashes whatsoever until I ran FSX. I'm hoping this might fix your problem too. Best regards,Jim

I have fixed it (so far) by changing the memory frequency (DDR3-1600MHz) in the BIOS to Auto and changed the AI Overclock Tuner from Manual to X.M.P. Per Asus, "When XMP is enabled, BCLK frequency, CPU ratio and memory parameters will be auto optimized". That's what Stephen (SpiritFlyer) had told me to do when he helped me oc my system but I read on several forums that you should change XMP to Manual and put in the memory frequency of your memory. That was a wrong suggestion and I reverted back to what Stephen had stated and so far no more crashes. FYI, I ran several stability tests with the memory frequency set to DDR3-1600 instead of Auto and had no crashes whatsoever until I ran FSX. I'm hoping this might fix your problem too.
FWIW When I tried to set my ram timings manually I was really unstable. Enabling XMP with my corsair vengeance sticks solved those memory/g3ddll erors, also putting the vista uiautomationcore.dll in the fsx root directory helped.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just a shot in the dark but have you made sure you have the uiautomationcore dll in your fsx directory. This has been the cause of fsx crashingTom
Yep
FWIW When I tried to set my ram timings manually I was really unstable. Enabling XMP with my corsair vengeance sticks solved those memory/g3ddll erors, also putting the vista uiautomationcore.dll in the fsx root directory helped.
The memory is set to XMP too. It sets all parameters correctly.

Well if it makes you feel any better I started getting my GPU-related CTD's again tonight (g3d.dll) ... Was on vatsim for about 3 hrs straight, with very high settings. Probably my video card got hot or something.Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb58Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000ba79fFaulting process id: 0x10b0Faulting application start time: 0x01cbfd37d3700a32Faulting application path: D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\g3d.dllReport Id: 1fbe8ff0-695f-11e0-8376-1c6f65c15b81So for testing, I've scaled the clocks back down to reference settings (its factory OCed from eVGA), and set fan speed to 60 instead of auto.Also, check out this long (but interesting) thread over at the nvidia forums about the nvlddmkm error:http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=100800&hl=nvlddmkm

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Word Not Allowed,Hum...You probably use your joystick or any pad or the keyboard to zoom.Try something that sounds stupid but could indeed help.Unplug them, change your USB ports for these devices and restart the computer.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thanks David, good idea. That caused my previous errors, the Memtest etc...I actually found out that my overclock is causing it. In previous tests I had a computer settings on manual, mostly controlling everything. That crashed it...Now tried auto everything. And now it's working. But great... at 3.4Ghz.I still didn't do a long term test at 3.4, but going to image/reinstall windows to see how things work out.Oh and before you ask: 4.8 with all auto, crash :mad:Right now, 356 installed programs and counting down...

I think I've found my error!!!MEA CULPA!!This is what one gets from all those tweakin's and stuff:My old BP=0 friend was back, just this time wearing another coat.On my GTX285 I remember I was getting artifacts when I overloaded a GPU with BP=0.Now, I don't remember seeing one artifact - but all the time crashing? And now when I just thought about it a bit - and ran my vanilla test-setup FSX with all default tweaks + Bojote's online tweak-tool, look - no more crash. And that was at 5Ghz... with an absolutely amazing result of about 53fps (I'll update the excel soon, when I have ran the test 4 times).This time I overloaded the GPU with a relatively high 4x Sparse Antialiasing, which pushed it often to 100% usage, probably causing crashes.And also this is with the new Nvidia driver...Many thanks to everyone! (SOLVED, hopefully)

And also this is with the new Nvidia driver...Many thanks to everyone! (SOLVED, hopefully)
Hopefully that is it, because I too installed the new driver. I also increased the fan speed with evga precision to 60% so the thing stays cooler.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hopefully that is it, because I too installed the new driver. I also increased the fan speed with evga precision to 60% so the thing stays cooler.
It was BP=0 in combination with 4x Sparse Multisampling! This mode while it does really look great, puts too much on the GPU, resulting a crash with BP=0. The performance drop without BP=0 is for a me a no-go, meaning I have to find a mode which doesn't put so much strain on the card. And I noticed 8xSQ puts about 70%, which is OK, giving me some headroom, now testing some others... all are stable, so long I don't overload the GPU.