Sign in to follow this  
christinebur

how much have you spend in fsx

Never really thought about it since it's something I enjoy, but now that you mention it I broke it down to get an idea.Computer 3 yrs ago: $1800Monitor and X-52: $350Addons at aprox. $25 each: $1875--------------------------------Total spent over 3 years: $5900 Enjoyment: Priceless!!Until now, I had no idea it was this much. I would have guessed I was in for about $4000 including all my addons. If I divide the cost by how many hours in the FSX log book which are around 2500 hours, then it comes down to about $2.36 an hour, which compared to many hobbies is pretty cheap, especially when compared to renting/owning and flying a real a/c.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Don't want to think about it...Addons, probably at least $2000 in software...Counting the the 2 grand I dropped on my new system, probably a total of about 3000 in the last 5 yearsPlus peripherals, another $500 therePlus misc, 500Yeah probably around 6k since I started with FS2002.Thankfully a lot of software I got while beta testing...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If I added it up....Must be coming up to £-$-€20 honest Dear. :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I don't wanna think about it. I checked my purchased fsx add-ons on my back up drive and it has a size of 473GB!!:( It became an addict, when there is a new scenery or airplane that I like to buy it :(

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

That´s a really good question! For the hardware i´ve spend in the past 3 years:~$1300 for my new system~$215$ for the GTX 260and I plan to spend arround 580$ for SB upgrade (Please take care that I´ve converted it from euro, so in real it should be a bit less.)So I´ve spend about $2095 for the hardware.And more than $600 for FS9 and FSX (FSX should be about $200). But my FSX will grow after my update, so this is it for now.

I don't dare try to add it up. Thousands upon thousands of dollars, and thousands upon thousands of hours enjoying it!Kind regards,

I don't dare try to add it up. Thousands upon thousands of dollars, and thousands upon thousands of hours enjoying it!Kind regards,
Yeah, Stephen. I would never spend that much money if i wouldn´t have fun what I´m doing. You can buy you the best system in the world, but you can´t buy the fun which FS gives you.

I actually set up a spreadsheet to track this stuff about a year ago. Sadly I have spent just under $3,500 on software. What is even more disturbing is that this does not include hardware and FS9 software.Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

... and on Tax day of all days to ask how much we spent.... LOL :( Im around the 4 - 5 hard swallow thousand dollar mark as well. If you love this hobby or any hobby for that matter I say go for it as you only live once !Jim

Jim Wenham

... and on Tax day of all days to ask how much we spent.... LOL  :( Im around the 4 - 5 hard swallow thousand dollar mark as well. If you love this hobby or any hobby for that matter I say go for it as you only live once !Jim
until you reincarnate.....

I probably did all that in FS9 alone, and then all over again in FSX! Before that was FS2002 and before that FS98. Next is MS Flight. It's scary! Kind regards,

until you reincarnate.....
Easter is just around the corner :(

Jim Wenham