Sign in to follow this  
christinebur

how much have you spend in fsx

I don't dare try to add it up. Thousands upon thousands of dollars, and thousands upon thousands of hours enjoying it!
Same for me.

Twice as much as I did for FS 2004.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I don't dare try to add it up. Thousands upon thousands of dollars, and thousands upon thousands of hours enjoying it!
Amen.I bet I could buy the 500mm f/4 L IS lens I want with it. :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Spent way more than I should over the years. But with that statement I will add, enjoying it way more than any of my non flight sim friends (or my better half!) could possibly imagine. The immersion of some of the add on stuff has me feel like I have actually flown a 747-400 in Kai Tak, or landed a Twin Oter at TFFJ for example.We all suffer from the same love of FS do we not? So we all understand......It's a great hobby that non simmers just can't wrap their heads around, but we simmers know how great it is :(

Amen.I bet I could buy the 500mm f/4 L IS lens I want with it. :(
That´s a deal! You buy it and I get it. :(

Since FSX release

Three PC's+upgrades each more expensive than the last ~$6500

Addons ~$800 and growing faster

2 copies of the game  $100

Acceleration $50

Joysticks ~$100

TrackiR 4 then 5 ~$80

G15 Keyboard/Mouse $60

15 pairs of Headphones(they break) ~$400

Power Consumption ~thousands

.....Yeah..... :huh:

Same question people ask me about my car. My answer is always the same: Too much, but worth every penny.

Aamir Thacker

FSX Standard Edition  $12 from Amazon

Logitech Attack3 Joystick  $16 from Amazon

That's It!  Works great! :rolleyes:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

In 10 or 11 years....3 computers, CH Products Yoke, Throttle Quad, Pedals, G930 headset, VRInsight MCPII, plus all the addons.  While in the thousands still way cheaper than what I spend on skiing and cheaper than a golf club membership and I think I enjoy it way more.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

While in the thousands still way cheaper than what I spend on skiing and cheaper than a golf club membership and I think I enjoy it way more.

That's the way I look at it too; much less money than photography or guitar playing has cost me, and a fraction of what I spent back in the days of my motorcycle road racing.

So much that I would be embarrassed to mention it to someone not involved in the hobby.

It's funny coz it's true :lol:

Hate to think! Have flight simulators since at least 1995 but really only started buying a significant number of addons with the advent of FS9. Leaving aside the costs of hardware (just to make myself feel slightly better!), I have spent thousands of £s on addons for FS9 and FSX, mainly because I had become a scenery and aircraft addon addict. Now however, noting what seems to have been a steady increase in the cost of many addons over the last year or two (certainly outstripping inflation!), I am being more selective in what I will buy and no doubt this selectivity will be boosted further by my impending retirement! I now trying to confine my FSX scenery addons to 7 or 8 geographic regions in which I fly most frequently and for everywhere else I will utilise freeware where available or default airports. Certainly there are some very good quality freeware airports and airfields out there - if you do any flying to or in Ireland, George Keogh's excellent freeware Irish airfields and regional airports are as good as if not better than a lot of payware available for FSX; recently, as I also tend to do quite a bit of flying in the Caribbean, I found a great collection of freeware airports for the Bahamas available, which also are of very good quality. These are just two examples of a huge amount of good freeware which come to mind but even some of the less well developed freeware addons can still be an improvement over the default stock.

OK, so I still haven't added up the cost of what I have spent (and for what's left of my sanity I don't think I ever will!) but, it is a hobby that in my opinion is second to none and what I always remind myself is that I have almost certainly spent far less on it than I would have on cigarettes if I was a smoker, which can't be bad!!

Bill

Certainly there are some very good quality freeware airports and airfields out there

You are are absolutely right! Some of my favourite airport and scenery files are freeware; but then I don't require every door knob to be modeled or a collection of 'Zombie Flow' people populating my simulated scenery.