Sign in to follow this  
Pappy_Eagle

Is this Twin Ready to be Bought?

The last few releases (since 208B), I have had to put the aircraft on the shelf until a patch was released. So I ask in earnest, is this plane ready to be downloaded?

vafs_status.php?cs=EGE001&w=0&c=0

The last few releases (since 208B), I have had to put the aircraft on the shelf until a patch was released. So I ask in earnest, is this plane ready to be downloaded?
If you've got a Reality XP GNS unit (or two) to add to the panel,and if you upgrade the autopilot a bit... you've got a pretty darnnice plane to fly!Here is a recent review: http://simflight.com/2011/04/16/review-carenado-b58-baron-fsx-using-arezone-sound-pack/

Bert

If you've got a Reality XP GNS unit (or two) to add to the panel,and if you upgrade the autopilot a bit... you've got a pretty darnnice plane to fly!Here is a recent review: http://simflight.com...one-sound-pack/
If you don't I'd hang fire till the next patch - getting there but not perfect by any means.

I thought the flight model was a little suspect, particularly stalls and VMC type manuvers. Things which could make it a good trainer.What I ended up doing was replacing the flight model with the one from the Milviz 310. Combine that with my Goflight Throttle, Ch Yoke, TrackIR and 24" 5x1 profile screens.Yes its good.

Guest CharlieP51

My Baron has a serious STALL ISSUE.....others are reporting it..my Baron IS 'back on the shelf' waitying for sp3??? #####..$34.99?

The Baron is good eye candy. However, airfiles and functionality issue plaque the aircraft even after service pack, as expected with Carendo products!

The Baron is good eye candy. However, airfiles and functionality issue plaque the aircraft even after service pack, as expected with Carendo products!
I would agree, the biggest issue I have is with the flight model, for some reason Carenado seems to think he can keep on selling his products based only on how well they look, and i would have to say they do look good. But for the more sophisticated flightsimmer that just doesn't cut it. So I think you're starting to see some serious push back on these forums from simmers who now have others choices. Although I do hope he and his team can recruit someone who knows how to model flight dynamics. We know from other vendors just what is possible, for example the A2A Cub, I have about 100 hours experience in a J3 Cub and I can tell you that the flight dynamics of the A2A Cub is very close to the real thing. The stall and spin recovery is spot on, which is not an easy task to model in something like FSX. So as a fan of Carenado, please take this as a heads up and find yourself someone who can model the FDE and who hopefully is also a real world pilot. That would be a win win situration for everyone :( CheersMartin