Sign in to follow this  
TRauppius

F1 DC9 in FS9?

Guest Glenn

Howdy Gang,Has anyone tried out the F1 DC9 that was converted from FS2002 format to FS9 yet? If so, may I have some opinions on your findings please?Thanks very much.

Hi,The "DC-9 Iron Knuckles" is even better in FS9 than in FS2002. It is a great product. And if you are a DC9 guy as myself, you won

Staffan

I upgraded to the FS2004 version and it looks and works fine. Pretty much indistinguishable from the FS2002 version. The hand-flying feeling is very good, sound is very good, however the virtual cockpit not quite as realistic looking and operating as other good payware from PSS, PMDG, and Captain Sim. Nice tie-in to new FS9 GPS system reduces hand-flying burden on longer trips. Text-O-Matic scheme for adding liveries is still tops.

Guest Glenn

Thank you very much for this gentlemen. I very much appreciate your input here. Looks like I'll be loading her in shortly then :-).Thanks once again!

To add to what has already been said: The procedures are simulated well. For example you must know how to set your cabin presure above 6,00 FT or else your warning signs will go off until you correct it. It's a nice touch. I can not comment on the FS GPS since I never use it but you navigator vor to vor etc.. with ease if you the proper high altitude charts . Richard Dillon i had to reopen my account :(

Guest Glenn

Thanks Richard. I actually had it in FS2002 at the beginning so I know what you are saying there. I suspect they have refined it quite a bit for FS9, judging from what Staffan (one of the all time great developers in FS, I might add) suggested. So, I do own a key to it, but where I ran into the problems was getting all the warning and caution lamps out from a non-cold/dark start. However, looks like it is time to give her another whirl :-).Thank you again for your time and tips.Glenn

If you follow all the procedures correctly all warnings and cautions will stay silent.Most frequent problems people have are forgetting the correct pressurisation and airconditioning procedures, leading to the aircraft not being pressurised and/or the APU overheating and/or avionics overheating.