Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

New free textures replacement sets released

Hi,Some new textures replacement sets for FS2004 have been released in AVSIM Library. Two authors created two different sets : first, Carlos Lorenz Benlloch with its "Relief textures" and Steve Kempf with its "colorized default textures".I don't know which set is the best but what I want to say is that both authors deserve congratulations for their work and their free files.All these files can be downloaded in AVSIM Library.Happy flights,;-)Damien BRUNET - LFQQ.e-mail : damien.brunet@udb.fr.sthttp://damien.brunet1.free.fr/Logos/Signature_UDB.jpg

For those who tried any (or both) of these texture sets, could you please give us your impressions? ThanksEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

I've only tryed Carlos Lorenz Benlloch's ones, but I can tell you that are absolutly AMAZING, in looks like an ENTIRELY different sim, VERY realistic, look's that were given another mesh, those textures give the sense of "roughness"( sorry could not find the equivalent in english for the portuguses word "relevo") on the terrain, but nothing like trying by yourself in a low level VFR flight to notice the difference. Absolutly recomended....jos

Steve Kempf's colorized textures have made a world of difference for me. I was worried they might be a little too bold and over the top, but that's not the case. I like to fly in 30 miles visibility with the horizon obscured by haze. These new textures pump up the vividness so things don't look too washed out, and there's a lot better detail definition.For a real treat, try matching Steve's new textures with the free Asian landclass available at http://tassim.com/. Then fly out of Macau or Bangkok and see what you think. All in all, a great cure for the blahs if default FS2004 locales are all starting to look a little too much alike to you.John

And what about ... both sets together? (Kemp's and Benlloch's).I believe they address different bmps and therefore they may work together. Did anyone try this yet? Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest abent

Hey gents, Is there any appreciable performance hit?Thanks, Adam

Guest abent

Great, I'll start the monumental download after work...I've got the crappiest dialup connection speed known to man!Thanks,Adam

Guest Carlos Lorenz

>>>And what about ... both sets together? (Kemp's and>Benlloch's).>>I believe they address different bmps and therefore they may>work together. Did anyone try this yet? >>EdmundoOoops!!I'm afraid that's impossible...The bitmap files have exactly the same name...Well, if you have a back up of the original textures, and if you have a good connection, download the two sets and test them. It's the only way to have a real taste of the different sensations of each set of textures.I have my personal opinion, but obviously, I'm not impartial. It depends of what you are looking for... Tomorrow you will have all the set (the five parts) complete to download in avsim.com.

Guest CargoMun

The ones from Steve Kempf I think is among the best ground textures i've ever seen for high altertude flying. And yes, I know its just recolouring of default MS textures but still, nice to get something for us +FL180 guys :DAs the other user further above said - a world of difference :)FScene definately got some stiff competition there I think ;)

Guest w2sjw

Here you go - I'm using Carlos's sets, and I absolutely love them! Here's a shot from Vancouver Harbor using his textures & the full terrain mesh set of BC that came from the FS2002 library section.I spend more time flying around BC and AK now because of the major improvement his textures give to any of the aftermarket mesh.Scotthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/50688.jpg

Guest CargoMun

Since its same names as the default texture bmp's, I think they just wont be visible as long as a scenery is "on top" of them.