Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shane Strong CYHZ

Avsim site access

Guest rogue1

Maybe.Oh, wait, that reply wasn't on the list of acceptable replies to posts. My bad. I'll try harder next time.

Thanks for this information, Tom.Let's hope you will be able to find more efficient software soon!In the meantime, the forums, including important product support forums appear to keep getting slower by the day.I know I'm risking a lot of flak over this, but wouldn't it be an idea to disable embedded/signature images, smilies and that sort of thing temporarily to save bandwidth until a better solution has been found? Sure, I'll miss some of these images too, but I think that would still be preferable to the slow responsiveness and time-outs that are happening now?Best, Martijn

Guest Elrond

Not only that, but your post was twenty words over the one word limit. So, you have to mentally forbid yourself from responding to the next twenty threads that you really want to. :-)Uh... I guess that means I have to forbid myself the next 46 posts. I mean, 49. I mean, 52. I mean, 55. Awww, I give up.Yep.

Guest ben_hewitt

I really dont think it is the SS forum..the forum is still running very slow now with it closed..the SS forum has been quieter than usual (than Summer months)...this slowness has just happened to me over the last few days..strange. :)

Guest kilo_sierra17

I have noticed a slight improvment now that SS forum is gone, but still slow, hope AVSIM can get this fixed, I have always been really happy with you guys, just hope you can be running at 100% again soon!!EDIT: What Forum does Flightsim.com, use I tried there forums and there's are fast, I thought you guys use the same software? DCForum??

Hi Tom,Thanks for the background on the problem. The fact that it's a software issue rather than a hardware one doesn't change things much. A financial outlay is still required to resolve the problem. But at least you know what the problem is and that's half the battle.I wish you well in your quest to improve access times. I see as an interim measure you have closed the screenshot forum. Let's hope that will improve things until a more permanent solution can be found.Regards,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Shane Strong CYHZ

wow something is wrong with the backbone there even with the ss fourm gone , i am on highspeed last nite i could load a page up in seconds now i am taking up till 2 minutes to load a page better get a tech head in tom and tighten up that box :)shane