Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

ultimate traffic and FS2004

Hi,If you are using Ultimate Traffic in FS2004, how it is working ?I'm interested in buy it and I'd like to read some user feedback.And it works fine with default FS2004 ATC ???Thanks,Ulisses

Hi Ulisses,Works very well. My only reservation is linked with having to keep my traffic percentage down to keep the frame rates up. But even at 5% I see far more traffic, dynamic and stationary, at KSEA than I do with MS default. I usually have the percentage set at 10% for general purposes but it is fun to occasionally wind up the percentage and sit and watch all the activity.I believe the ever helpful Peter Dowson has now provided a switch somewhere in FSUIPC that allows you to switch AI traffic on and off at will. This would be very useful if only I could work out where it is and how to assign this toggle function to a button on my CH Flight Sim Yoke USB.Mike

It works like a charm! I have added several military flight plans with the Extra Traffic method and they all work well. It really adds to the realism of FS2004. I use the Mobile Control Tower to just sit and watch the planes land and takeoff. I have done little flying since I installed it. You will really like it. It's well worth the $, Regards, Bob.

I think should be hard to send a ATC message with many aircraft communicating with tower/center...and I hope they follow ATC instructions :)Ulisses

Hi Ulisses:I have a high end system and have AI traffic set at 50 percent, and never fly into an empty airport with ultimate traffic. I fly alot in Central and South America and see airlines like Varig, Lacsa, Taca Peru, Copa Airlines, and many others. How is the weather in Brazil?

Guest Coneman

Also, don't forget what a huge resource Project AI is. Their repaints work fine with the UT models (which are PAI anyway), and they have a ton.Todd

The weather is very nice, getting hot every day and some raining :)Thanks for the info...Ulisses

Guest RSmith

Follow-up question, pls. Read that there was some issue within UT regrading AI aircraft dissappearing upon landing. Sounds like that has been resolved, cured - or maybe issue didn't exist - my misunderstanding ?Also interested in obtaining UT - thanks for any updated info.Ron

OK,I just bought and installed UT2004, evrything looks good, less the performance, even with traffic at 30% not I get some stutters in take-off and landings....Maybe the models are heavy ? or textures ? don't know....but it is nice to see real traffics in the sky !I liked the Status Board too, to see what is arrving or departing...Thanks,Ulisses

Guest product

I have heard that the UT team added reflections to the AI aircraft, and that is causing a hit to frame rates that the prior version did not make (it was super frame rate friendly, even at high percentages of AI). Someone said that turning off the reflections is an option, but I couldn't find it in the UT interface.Anyone know how to turn off the "reflections" option in UT for 2004? Best,Joel

Guest Speed

It works great! I previously had MyTraffic but upgraded to UT recently and the difference is pretty clear.Yes planes dissappear on landing sometimes but I think this is more of a FS9 issue than a UT one.Frame rates for me are not hurt except at LAX and a couple of other big airports but the number of planes there is amazing. I have a new beast so I fly 100% traffic, full details, 100% clounds, reflectives, 1600x1200x32 6xAA etc etc. and LAX drops to about 9fps on final approach and then speeds up again close the runway when the terminals leave my field of view, making the landing smooth.Speed.

It is my understanding that the disappearing traffic on landing was due to a lack of parking spaces available in the default FS9. Third-party AFCAD's are solving that problem.Tony

Guest Speed

It still happens even with the new afcads, probably a lot less though.Speed.

Guest Nathan Palmer

I'm very interested Speed in knowing what kind of system allows you to run UT at 100% with the new AFCAD2 update along with sliders max? I was wondering if such a system exsist or we have to wait til the hardware makers create something to run this sim like that. NP