Sign in to follow this  
raynuss

Weather problems(FS real world weather updates)

Guest ej74

Would anyone like to confirm or dismiss this ? I have kept getting the same weather the last 5 days, so im just curious if its my computer or Jeppesen server. At ENGM i have wind 065 at 10 visibility 5 miles temperature/dewpoint 0/0, this hasnt changed the last 5 days or so, i also checked other aiports and the weather wont update, but remains the same. If anyone would bother to check out and see if they get different results it would be appreciated, thanks.

Guest RSmith

Noticed yesterday weather wasn't accurate, but was updating. Not sure why updates were not accuarate. I typically check by locating to an airport where I know what the real weather is - compare to FS d/l'd conditions. Also, usually cross-check - pre-flight - for basic information - via weather radar site: http://weather.noaa.gov/radar/mosaic/DS.p1....us.conus.shtmlRon

Hi,You may need to clear out your internet temporary files (in Internet options from your browser, or via control panel) as this is a known bug.Note however that the FS zone servers aren't that up-to-date to begin with.. sometimes they are right on, but more often than not they have quite a delay... Will also vary depending on where you are flying.Hope that helps!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest ej74

I have tried clearing out temporary files and the windowstemp folder. No luck. I do this from time to time and have been aware of the bug. The weather updates, but i get same weather over and over again. I did check Jeppesen website for Notams on thursday and their weather maps were not available, when i checked again today they were back, so it could be that they have some server problems.

Guest Tommy_TJ

I've been getting the same incorrect weather in FS2004 for several days as well. It has been overcast, rainy and very windy here in southern Maine for the past 30 hours but FS2004 real-weather download consistently reports clear sky with 50 mile vis.I have also cleared all caches and have had no problems with real-weather before.

I was just about to make a post asking the same question. It's been cloudy, windy and raining here in central PA, but for several days the downloaded weather has given me clear skies and 50 miles visibility. Hope something gets fixed soon. I miss the real stuff!Ray