Sign in to follow this  
Guest glide_or_die

Worth my getting 727 Professional?

Guest glide_or_die

Hey guys,I'm a 727 fan and after a load of consideration, is it worth getting 727 Professional? I hear there are many bugs, I've also heard bad reports about the FDE - but what's it really like?Also, if anybody bought it from a shop in England, could you please give me its name because although I went to Game in Reading (which is normally great with FS addons) I couldn't find it. Cheers,Toni

Guest speedbird326

Toni,If you're a fan of the 727 I would highly recommend the 727 Professional package. The visual model, virtual cockpit, and panel are second to none. What I really like is that the panel included is more of an original 727-200 panel. No EFIS, no FMC, no moving map; just real flying the way it was done when the three-holer first came out. To me, that's what sets the CaptainSim model apart from what Dreamfleet is coming out with-they are including panels retrofitted with EFIS and FMC systems, that to me detract from the real flying experience. Don't get me wrong-any product from Dreamfleet will be of excellent quality, but if you're looking for the real "flying" experience with the 727, I'd go for the Captainsim 727 Professional. Yes, there have been some problems reported with the flight model, but the new one was supposedly reworked. I honestly haven't flown it that much in FS2004 with the new version of 727, but if you load the aircraft properly in the included load manager, it seems to fly fine for me. I haven't found very many bugs either. Bugs are in any release, but this new version of the 727 seems to work pretty good. Despite what many will tell you, I've always found CaptainSim support to be excellent; they've responded to my questions both by email and in the forum in a timely manner, so I have no problems there.As for a store, I'd recommend you buy it directly from the Captainsim website. http://www.captainsim.com. Many people complained about the purchase experience from them, but for me it went absolutely fine so I don't think you'll have a problem.Have fun,Marc Marc Gibson

Guest Van

I had the Captsim 727 and I wasn't fussy on it at all. The visual model is stunning, but the panel gauges are very difficult to read due to their tiny size and the flight dynamics were never quite right. I would wait until Dreamfleet releases their 727 package as it is sure to be fantastic, with great gauge readability and all the features that Captsims package has plus a few more, including a fully functional TCAS system. Now with that said, Marc forgot to mention that Dreamfleet will offer two options, them being a fully analogue panel as per the 1970's era 727's or you can opt for the retrofitted panel with EFIS. I think that DF has done an outstanding job by catering to a simmers personal preference with the two panel options. I will also point out that Dreamfleet will not include a fmc or ins system in either of their 727 packages and that topic has been discussed on the Dreamfleet forums more than once. The DF727 shouldn't be too much longer in coming as it is almost ready for beta testing.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG GroupPanel/FDE Designer

Guest glide_or_die

Hey, thanks guys. I will be waiting for the DF727 and then I'll probably compare feedback. My scant financial reserves don't extend to much more than petrol, beer and flying! So I guess the time to lie in wait is now. With luck, DF will be selling a boxed version as I do not have the capability to download huge files (especially from crowded commercial servers). I also hope they're aiming for a pre-Xmas release which would make sense...Cheers,Tone