Sign in to follow this  
Guest Len

SSW Airbu startup

Hello,Does anyone have a button-by-button startup for the SSW airbus:1. Electrical system startup so that I can disconnect Ground Power2. Engine Startup after FMS is programmed3. Where are the IRS buttons (3) that I have to enable before FMS?The panel ledgends are not easy for me to read and the manuals are very dense. I tried to read them and experiment but I'm stuck at the terminal!Thanks,Ron Sagelrjsagel@comcast.net

Guest Len

>The panel ledgends are not easy for me to read and the manuals are very dense. I tried to read them and experiment but I'm stuck at the terminal!Just bought it too. Very bad manuals. Just like PIC A320. Just give me a plain old user startup not this technical nonsense which is just copied from the manuals. I've succeeded in starting up the APU and engines. I've programmed the FMS but can't get it to show on the panel even though I have it on "PLAN". I'm told to set the three IRS buttons. They are the bigger black ones on the left, right and center. They are set to NAV...I believe. I've done that if that indeed is setting them and the flight plan still doesn't show up on the panel. Also, how do you activate the flightplan? Poor documentation. We need a user to do a simple startup and flight instruction manual.

Guest Len

I figured it out. You have to start the APU then set all three switches on the overhead to ATT. Then you program your FMS, pressing the align LSK button when you've inputed the origin and destination airport will give you your position which you can confirm by looking at the number on the top left of the overhead panel. The flightplan will then show up on the main panel.