Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix

PSS Dash 8/2004

Guest Ezdale

Im only asking this here because pss will not respond or let me post this ? and it is this. Is there anyone out there that has bean able to get the Dash 8 to work in 04? I wish Pss could Just reply to my ? and not just egnore me. Not only will thay not help but they wont let others help at there Suport Fourm. I don't understand why thay even bother to have the Fourm. Thank you Dale

Hi,I have the Dash 8 working in FS9 with the exception that the torque guages are not functioning. They are aware of the problem and I assume working on a solution. I did post a question concerning the torque gauges several days ago, but it never made it past customs. I assume because there where other posts on the same subject.If you are having problems, try uninstalling the Dash 8, then reinstall from the base installer and ONLY apply the FS9 compatiblity patch. That worked for me. BobP :)

Guest Phoenix

Dale I do not know what your posts were but I suggest getting the facts straight1- We have stopped posting repeats of the same question and answer over and over again.2- We have already said that we would be releasing new installers for FS2004 in just a few days.3- If you read the forum messages you will see a lot of users helping other users4- I count at least 3 posts by you in the forumRobert KirklandPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest lbb

Yes, same here. In the mean time I have followed the advice of some one on the PSS forum on how to install the KingAir torque gauges. It looks silly but it is a nice work around.In fact, I made some very nice flights with the Dash8 today and I was (still) far more annoyed by the bugs (or incomprehensible features: multi monitor support s***s, which is a shame with the nice overhead panel in the Dash, ATC will assign the most silly runways and Schiphol Approach will introduce itself as Cambrai Approach, which is a few hundred miles to the south, etc etc) of FS9 than by the Dash8's few anomalies.Sorry, had to get that off my chest.Leo Bakker

Guest Phoenix

Staffan what can I say we had a problem, we stopped and reworked the patches into the installers to eliminate the problems. And like any program with 500,000 lines of code sometimes there are glitches. With 4 different operating systems being used. Several of which are more than 5 years old and twwodifferent version of FS that means at least 10 possible combinations to deal with not counting the multitutde of hardware configurations and settings in both FS and the OS being used by users. Impossible to address 100% of the possibilities. WE do the best we can within those parameters.Go ahead ahead and hold your breath as it wont be that long before the new installers for FS2004 are released :-)Robert KirklandPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg