Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

?legitimate question about Captain Sim?

I cannot reach support or customer service at Captain Sim to ask about this whole 2 computer install policy. Can someone point me in the right direction? I just want to ask them about this issue because I want to buy the 727 but I won't pay full price if I upgrade my computer twice before I finish using the program and I can't use it any more. Are all ofyou 727 jocks comfortable with this? I hope I am misunderstanding this policy of theirs.

Gordon,I think this whole limited installs idea has been blown out of proportion on this forum lately. I've dealt with Captain Sim tech support before about a lost key, and they were quite helpful. I seriously doubt that they'd give you a hard time about more installs if you genuinely needed them. You can reach their tech support from their site at http://www.captainsim.com/ .thanks,

Thanks for checking in with me, I was starting to feel lonely with no one replying. I have been to the link you gave me, but I find no link to "support" without being a customer first. You see, I don't want to buy from Captain Sim if they are going to prevent me from reinstalling. I move around the county for my job a lot and I put my flightsim stuff on my business machines (don't tell) and I'm going to need more reinstalls. I'm trying to contact them to get this answered.Bottom line, if reinstalling is going to be impossible, I'm going to wait for the Dream Fleet 727 because that's a company who treats you right!Thanks again Bill!!!

Guest panda234

I have the 727 and reinstalled more than twice. Once was a computer upgrade, then reinstall of FS9 after a crash, hmmm, that's 2, hope I can reinstall again if I have to, hehe. I'll tag this post for the answer....EDIT: I think this gives them an extra measure of security. Without it you could post the aircraft zip file and the key on a 'net board somewhere and hundreds could download and use it. They're prolly just trying to keep some measure of control. rgds,billg

Guest crabster

>I have the 727 and reinstalled more than twice. Once was a>computer upgrade, then reinstall of FS9 after a crash, hmmm,>that's 2, hope I can reinstall again if I have to, hehe. I'll>tag this post for the answer....>>EDIT: I think this gives them an extra measure of security.>Without it you could post the aircraft zip file and the key on>a 'net board somewhere and hundreds could download and use it.>They're prolly just trying to keep some measure of control. >>rgds,>billgI always thought that was interesting: Why would someone spend upwards of 40 dollars or more (or any money) on a addon and then post it around the net for others to use for FREE. (Just one of lifes little mysteries I guess)

Hi Gordon,Try writing them at east@captainsim.com and asking your question. I'm sure they'll help you out.thx,Bill

I have the CS727 pro and have reinstalled it many times, due to upgrades made on my computer. As long as you have paid for it, then you will be able to use it as many times as you want. You are paying for a license to use. Whenever I contact Captain Sim, they usually respond within about 24 hours.

You guys are awesome! Maybe I won't have to ask them if anyone else has reinstalled the CS727 on more than 2 computers. Anybody?

If you have any questions, I'd suggest just taking them straight to Captain Sim. Their answer will either put your mind at ease or scare you off, but at least it'll be directly from them!

Thanks, Bill, you've been a big help to me! :->I appreciate the assist!I contacted them, now we'll just have to see what happens.