Sign in to follow this  
rickalty

Where's my AI traffic gone??

Hi, everyone. All of a sudden, I have no AI traffic, ever. I have AI traffic set to 100%, but no matter what sort of flight I set up, I'm the only plane in the world. Start a flight at 4pm Friday at O'Hare, and I have it all to myself. Any suggestions as to how to get it back?Richard

I have had this problem (in FS2002)and found that recompiling AI traffic with Tarffic Tools didn't fix it.I found it necessary to deinstall and reinstall FS2002 as a whole: this means that you have to make a backup copy of all your non standard scenery and aircraft and the gauges, effects & sounds associated with the latter, togther with the Aircraft, Flight Plan and Airports text files which arise from decompiling AI traffic with Traffic Tools.This is quite a job!However, there is a post elsewhere in this forum which deals with the same subject: sorry, can't remember where, you'll have to search for it.In it, somebody names a single FS system file which may be reinstalled or recreated to bring AI back to life.I haven't tried this myself, but I'd try to find that post!

ngxu_banner.png

If you are using FS2002 then you need to visit the tips and tricks at the top of this forum. Look for LOST AI | NO AI.If you are using FS2004, check to see if you have either the default traffic030528.bgl, traffic030528.ORIGINAL, or another traffic_PAI.bgl in your drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryWorldscenery folder. If no trafficXXXX.bgl file exists, retrieve the default from your FS2004 CDs.W. Sieffert

Thanks, guys. I found a poster who said I needed "default.dp" in my "Aircraft" folder. I found default.dp in the CAB, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with traffic I looked at it in notepad). I transferred it over, but no difference. I'll try searcxhing the Tips and Tricks. Thanks.Richard

Well, I deleted the default.dp and traffic.cfg files and reinstalled them, and now it's working fine. thanks allRichard