Sign in to follow this  
jfail

VoxATC - Ultimate Traffic 2 - Super Traffic Board

Twice,yes.also, how do I stop VoxATC using the default liveries as well as UT2? eg Daedalus...Thanks,Toby

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3

Twice,yes.also, how do I stop VoxATC using the default liveries as well as UT2? eg Daedalus...Thanks,Toby
try running the Indexer again, once it finishes run the UT2Bridge.as for the generic FSX AI, you can't separate them, all the AI are collocated during the Indexer process (UT2 AI are then added after the UTBridge Process).if you wish removing other AI's you need to remove those Objects from FSX and run the Indexer to rediscover the AI and then run the UTBridge again.that way you can control what would be the AI that would be included in VoxATC.you can bring those files you removed back in FSX after you ran the Indexer and they will still be excluded until you run the Indexer again (then you need to remove them again to avoid the Indexer rediscovering them and adding them to the AI list)

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I really appreciate your help Akila, thank you very much.For anyone else who wants to remove the stock AI liveries, remove the following folders before tunning the VoxATC indexer and replace them when fininshed. Airbus_A321B737_800b747_400Bombardier_CRJ_700 Removing the UT2 stock assigned liveries takes a bit more work, there are more than 2600 entries....

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3

Hello everyone, First i'd like to thank you all for your input on the many addons of FSX. It took me quite a while but i finally have the sim running the way i want it to! I just want to share a workaround for Timmer's issue about the traffic at other airports apart from departure and arrival airports. Although it would not beat a true integration into VoxATC, I would still think some may find this useful to add a little bit of life to their flights! I start by enabling VoxATC and follow the procedures to take off. Once i have taken off, I enable UT2 traffic using ctrl-shift-T. I have also enabled the sound for the stock MS ATC. This allows VoxATC to control its generated traffic and allows for some atc chatter from the MS ATC controlled aircraft. I never contact any of the channels using MS ATC as this is strictly to add the chatter from the UT2 traffic being controlled by MS ATC. Most importantly, it allows me to watch aircraft land and take off from airports and fills the empty sky around me with aircraft! After taking in the view of all the planes flying at every altitude you can imagine and nearing my destination, usually on final, i will switch off the UT2 traffic and land. The airport that I land at will still be full of aircraft because of the Vox controlled aircraft! Even though I realize this may not be the most ideal fix, I could never go back to flying without this method. I have had countless successful flights and have never encountered a problem using this method. Hope it works for you! Enjoy,Dario

Hello everyone, First i'd like to thank you all for your input on the many addons of FSX. It took me quite a while but i finally have the sim running the way i want it to! I just want to share a workaround for Timmer's issue about the traffic at other airports apart from departure and arrival airports. Although it would not beat a true integration into VoxATC, I would still think some may find this useful to add a little bit of life to their flights! I start by enabling VoxATC and follow the procedures to take off. Once i have taken off, I enable UT2 traffic using ctrl-shift-T. I have also enabled the sound for the stock MS ATC. This allows VoxATC to control its generated traffic and allows for some atc chatter from the MS ATC controlled aircraft. I never contact any of the channels using MS ATC as this is strictly to add the chatter from the UT2 traffic being controlled by MS ATC. Most importantly, it allows me to watch aircraft land and take off from airports and fills the empty sky around me with aircraft! After taking in the view of all the planes flying at every altitude you can imagine and nearing my destination, usually on final, i will switch off the UT2 traffic and land. The airport that I land at will still be full of aircraft because of the Vox controlled aircraft! Even though I realize this may not be the most ideal fix, I could never go back to flying without this method. I have had countless successful flights and have never encountered a problem using this method. Hope it works for you! Enjoy,Dario
Dario, This is a great idea Applause.gif Does anyone know if My Traffix X can be enabled with a shortcut key? This is actually a fix that could be worked into VoxATC standard.

I've fooled around with this combo using PFE and VoxATC. PFE sounds better, because of all the voices. But you can run into a few snags combining the two. What I found difficult is that PFE and Vox only use Com1. And when PFE is wanting me to change to different frequencies for the same Center (like default ATC), I am unable to do so because Vox doesn't tell you to change to 4 different frequencies for the same Center. At least with default, you can use Com2.

Hmmm from what i've heard, the voices from PFE would be pretty awesome if we'd be able to combine both of them. Starrfoxx, when using PFE is there any way to stop it from following your flight and just have it focus on the AI traffic? If this is done i believe we can get the PFE chatter through Com1 without having to respond. Also if you tune to a freq with Com2 using PFE, will it transmit anything through the channel?

Hmmm from what i've heard, the voices from PFE would be pretty awesome if we'd be able to combine both of them. Starrfoxx, when using PFE is there any way to stop it from following your flight and just have it focus on the AI traffic? If this is done i believe we can get the PFE chatter through Com1 without having to respond. Also if you tune to a freq with Com2 using PFE, will it transmit anything through the channel?
I've only done one test, but I believe I was hearing AI traffic when I tuned into center. I may have contacted them, but I don't remember. Com 2 doesn't work for listening or broadcasting (just like Vox), unfortunately. PFE does have the "old style" canned ATC chatter. It wouldn't be based off any AI in the air, though. If you wanted to use canned chatter, then it's probably better to go to liveatc.net and have it play in the background with Vox. The only problem I found is that PFE is like the default ATC when it comes to 3 to 4 different frequencies for the same Center Controller. You will switch to different "Salt Lake City Centers" during your flight, for example. With Vox, I've noticed that I only had to worry about one Center. Once PFE and/or Vox allows us to use Com 2, then using both at the same time will actually work really well. I will admit that it sounded weird hearing the TTS voices from Vox mixed up with the "real-like" voices of PFE. At least I knew who was talking to me. LOL.gif

I think I may have figured out a way for Tegwyn to give us traffic enroute. If traffic is generated at Departure and Arrival airports, then why not have an option where we can type in the ICAO airport codes for a list of airports along our flight plan? Then, Vox could generate traffic at those airports in the same manner as it does for departure and arrival. This would also give the user a little more control on what airports they want to see traffic at and which ones they don't.

That is extra work on my part every time I fly. FSX add ons already keep adding extra steps to flying a flight. It would be interesting to know how UT2 did it since I assume running traffic at every airport is not a good way. It could always check for airports within X range of the pilot and populate those. This would help with my issue, too, of deciding to hop to the neighboring airport impromptu or accidentally and finding it empty.

I'm still not getting any traffic with VoxAtc And UT2 SP2. I ran the indexer and then UT bridge. When I run UT Bridge I don't see anything happening, is there support to be a dialouge box or anything?

Thanks, John

Next time you might want to start a new thread rather than bumping an old one. VOXATC 7.4 is designed to work in P3d4. Presently it will not work with models and schedules from either UT2 or UT Live since they both use a nonstandard way of entering AI flight schedules into the sim. The VOXATC developer has stated that he is presently working on a new version of UT Bridge, which will allow compatibility. The time estimate for release of the utility was "several months".

On 04/09/2017 at 3:02 PM, CathyH said:

Meant to enable replies, so, what about P3dv4 and UT2 or UT live?

Cathy, I believe jay is right about UT live. Whilst it more or less works with v4, further development will be required.

VoxATC itself works very well with P3d v4.0 and 4.1, I now use it on every flight. I recommend combining it with MyTraffic. That also works well with v4.1 , just google the installation method, which involves an xml file mod, but only takes 2 minutes and is well described in a post by Poppet.

once you've got mytraffiv installed, turn you P3d traffic sliders to zero, and use voxatc to control the traffic. The MyTraffic liveries and models will appear, and the ATC will use the callsigns of real airlines. MyTraffic, VoxATC and p3d v4.x are a great combination.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."