Sign in to follow this  
JETninja

World

Guest bones

Looks like one of my GMax efforts...

Hey Jet,If you look closely at the pic, you can see that there is some left rudder applied!I think yaw concerns are a given on this test configuration! :)Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Good Catch Steve! Imagine the Footwork and Trim action if you lost #3 and #4......of course these days I imagine the computer takes most the edge off....

Guest Lizardo

In it's last ground test (Peebles, Ohio) it broke all the records by pushing a nice 120,316 pounds of thrust. Gerhard Neumann would be proud.

Guest adria320

I wonder what would happen if there would be 4 GE90s? Mach 2.00?

That really shows the size of that 777 engine!

I think that I saw a program on Discovery about the 777 development and the stated that the 777 nacelles are about the same diameter as the B757 fuselage. Not sure though.Mark

Yup, that's right. (Well, they're the same width as a 737 fuselage, which is pretty much the same width as a 757 fuselage.)

In Todays News:

The world's largest and most powerful jet engine, the GE90-115B, was delivered to Boeing Sept. 27. The GE90-115B is the exclusive powerplant for Boeing's longer-range 777 airplanes, the 777-300ER and 777-200LR. Before being installed on the new 777-300ER jetliner, employees at the Propulsion Systems Division will install the quick engine change kit, which includes the inlet assembly, the fan cowl support beam, the engine-mounted equipment for pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical power takeoff, as well as the airplane systems wiring and fire detection hardware. The engines will be installed on the first 777-300ER in mid-October.In addition to providing additional thrust, the new GE90-115B features a 128-inch fan diameter (nearly 11 feet), swept fan blades, a high-efficiency high-pressure compressor and greater torque capability in the fan mid-shaft. The GE90-115B's high-flow swept fan blades are manufactured from the same materials (fibers and resin system), and by the same process, as current GE90 blades. As robust as its predecessor, the swept fan blade adds approximately 2,000 pounds (8.9 kN) to the engine's thrust capability and provides better fuel burn. While the fan diameter is being increased from 123 inches to 128 inches for higher air flow, the fan case diameter increases only 1.5 inches. This design feature ensures the fan stator case, the largest component of the engine, remains fully transportable by traditional air and surface methods.The GE90-115B successfully completed its first flight on GE's 747 flying test bed on Sept.18 marking a major milestone in one of commercial aviations most historic development programs.The Working Together team of Boeing and GE Aircraft Engines has been building up and testing engines for the 777-300ER and 777-200LR since early this year. A total of seven engines are being tested in an exhaustive developmental test program.