Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray_CYYZ

Some Problems

Guest usairways_jett2

On my computer recently, i tried to start flight sim and half the time it quits responding and the other half it starts up and the frames per second are less than 2 ......It just started , I looked on the flight sim website support but I couldnt find anything. I also reinstalled but it still happens. I havnt changed anything on the computer or in flight sim, one day it just started. Matt

Guest Lindy

I think for anyone to even guess what might be happening, you'll need to give out more information. What kind of computer are you running? Which version of FS are you using? Are you positive you haven't made any kind of changes to the computer..... added a new piece of hardware, made some adjustment to your video card, etc. What operating system do you have?When does it quit responding? does it load up to your starting point or quit before that? How long has this been going on? Is it affecting any other applications that you use? -Lindy

Guest daveg4otu

As Lindy said - more info is needed to be able to even guess.However - some things you could check or do anyway.Check your voltages - are they where they should be( You can download a monitoring application called Motherboard Monitor (freeware) for this.Pay particular attention top the +5v and 3.3V values - they should be within 5% of the nominal. Check your CPU/System temps also(same program will do this for you)Check in device Manager and see that it is showing your Graphics card OK and tha in the "properties" it shows it as workin OK.If not reinstall the drivers.(This may be worth doing anyway- get the latest drivers and try them- you can always "roll back" if it makes the situation worse.Check(visually) that the fan on your graphics card is working properly and that the heatsink isn't choked up with dust,if so ,clean it - and while doing that ,do the same for your CPU HS and fan and also (if fitted) the chipset HS and fan.Good LuckDave

Guest usairways_jett2

HP Pentium III 933mhz64mb geforce 2 mx400256mb40gbcdrwcdwindows xp ( all the updates have been installed and there are no viruses )flightsim 2004if it quits its when you see the microsoft start up screen.yes, i havnt made any hardware or software changes for over a year.The only thing I have done is installed new video drivers from "windows update", but i rolled them back to see if they were the problem, and that wasnt. The graphics card is working fine.I cleaned with it with compressed air matt

Guest Ray_CYYZ

Sounds roughly like your AGP is disabled ... re-install your drivers cleanly (uninstall them, reboot, install them, reboot).Use "DXDIAG" to check things out ... run the tests, post the results.