Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aeromachines

Cheater Tricks in Flight Sim?

Guest Aeromachines

Do some sim users employee cheater tricks in or with flight sim? I mean especially in multiplay? I recently met a new multiplay player online. He wanted to fly multiplay mode but appeared to be taking control of my aircraft. Suddenly the aircraft would turn 90 degrees on the runway by applying the brakes. Slew mode would jump on for no apparent reason.I was suspicious because this user wanted to play dodgem with the airplane more than fly it. His forte was real play, but not real flying.Thanks but I sure would like to be briefed about this.

In FS98, the host of a multiplayer session could control everyone's weather, and this caused many issues where a host would suddenly switch a headwind to a tailwind, causing IAS to drop....and aircraft to stall...But since FS98, there's been no way for a host to even control the weather. Even in FS98, there was no way for a host or another player to do the things you mention. There's no cheat codes or tricks available in multiplayer. Having said that, I know there's third party multiplayer tools. You don't mention which sim you've seen this in, or whether you're using such tools. So I can only guess the things you saw happen were due to something odd with your system, setup, or your level of experience with the sim...-John

Guest Shane Strong CYHZ

lol and if you figure out how he did it invite him into a combat flight sim and smoke him with a bvr kill :)shaneps i no way indorce violence in dealing with people

Guest Aeromachines

Reply to level of experience, etc.This thing was happening in MSFS2004. Something, while in Multi play, was making my joystick trigger, when I used it to apply brakes, suddenly turn the 777 sideways on the runway. The other player, meanwhile was wanting to do a fly by down the runway toward me, and spoke of perhps being upside down in his 777. I did not see that but he said he might do it. This gave him a perfect setup for flying directly over me at low altitutde. Then just as often the slew mode came on wihout my having done a thing. At that time it seemed like the aicraft was merely locked in place at the time I was wanting to applly power and make the take off roll or some such. Weird for sure. I have used MSFS2004 since August, and this had never, ever happened previously. After I turned off multiplay, and disconnected from this new player the sim was normal again with SLEW and Brakes normal at the same airport and runway.

Guest Aeromachines

I am sure I can not figure it out. But I am very confident he was doing some tricks. He even mentioned previous to starting the multiplay mode he might do some tricks. I did not think he meant any thing like I experienced! Guess he did. I have no idea what he did or how. And he claimed he was 14 years old. Pretty sharp PC lad if he is.